+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent help;home country pcc is sameday as departure date

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
karthik506 said:
I think, you are safe according to the IRCC statement as follows

Who needs a police certificate?
In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate.

You may need a police certificate from any country or territory that you have spent six months or more since the age of 18.

For example: if you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months, that counts as spending six months there. In this case, you would need a certificate.

If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:

are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.

have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.
Check this..

//For countries in which the applicant no longer lives, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the client lived in that country.//

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

As Egypt is not OP's spouse country of residence, PCC should be after living there.

karthik506

Apr 5, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
4011 & 4012
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-05-2017
AOR Received.
07-05-2017
DEEPCUR said:
Check this..

//For countries in which the applicant no longer lives, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the client lived in that country.//

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

As Egypt is not OP's spouse country of residence, PCC should be after living there.
In my case, my wife got PCC in india on 31.01.2017 and left to canada on 22.02.2017. I used the same PCC. Am I under the risk of getting rejected?

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
karthik506 said:
In my case, my wife got PCC in india on 31.01.2017 and left to canada on 22.02.2017. I used the same PCC. Am I under risk of getting rejected?
Yes or No would depend upon her country of residence. If Canada is her residence, then you really to get another one and submit it ASAP. Residence in the sense, the place from where her application got submitted and where she is living.

Caesarpy

Star Member
Sep 12, 2016
karthik506 said:
In my case, my wife got PCC in india on 31.01.2017 and left to canada on 22.02.2017. I used the same PCC. Am I under the risk of getting rejected?
Since your wife's PCC was issued less than 6 months before you submitted your application, it should be valid.

The requirement about PCC from IRCC website (the page describes EE document requirements http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp):

For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than six months before the submission of the e-APR.
For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after last time the applicant lived in that country.

Another description about PCC from the page for PCC(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp):

If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:

are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.

karthik506

Apr 5, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
4011 & 4012
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-05-2017
AOR Received.
07-05-2017
Caesarpy said:
Since your wife's PCC was issued less than 6 months before you submitted your application, it should be valid. The requirement about PCC from IRCC website:

For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than six months before the submission of the e-APR.
For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after last time the applicant lived in that country.
She is in Canada now from Feb 22. She got PCC on January 31 in India.. She was there for 5 month from September to Feb. Is it still valid?

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
karthik506 said:
She is in Canada now from Feb 22. She got PCC on January 31 in India.. She was there for 5 month from September to Feb. Is it still valid?
Well if you are going to take India as residence, then Canada would become her country of visit and the same rules apply to that PCC.

Caesarpy

Star Member
Sep 12, 2016
karthik506 said:
In my opinion, a PCC issued less than 6 months before e-APR would be valid in any circumstances.

But there are someone report that they got rejected because the PCC was more than 3 months old when they submitted the application.

When did you submitted the application?

Caesarpy

Star Member
Sep 12, 2016
Caesarpy said:
In my opinion, a PCC issued less than 6 months before e-APR would be valid in any circumstances.

But there are someone report that they got rejected because the PCC was more than 3 months old when they submitted the application.

And my own case was a very tricky one. I left my home country to study in Canada in 2013, and in the end of 2015, I went back to my home country. I stayed 4 days there, and applied PCC 2 days before I left for Canada. After that, I never left Canada. When I try to get a new PCC in 2017 for my EE application, I encountered some difficulties, so I can only submit my application with the old one with explanation about it.

Fortunately, everything of my application went well, and I just got my application approved today.

It's only my personal experience, maybe I just got a very nice officer processed my application. But I think your wife's situation is much better than mine, and according my understanding of the requirements, your wife's PCC is fine. Or if you worry about it, you can try to get a new one, and submit it via CSE.

karthik506

Apr 5, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
4011 & 4012
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-05-2017
AOR Received.
07-05-2017
Caesarpy said:

My AOR is March 3, 2017.

karthik506

Apr 5, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
4011 & 4012
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-05-2017
AOR Received.
07-05-2017
Caesarpy said:
That means when you submitted your application, the PCC is a little more than 1 months old, right? I think it's totally OK.
It is less than 50 days old.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Caesarpy said:
And my own case was a very tricky one. I left my home country to study in Canada in 2013, and in the end of 2015, I went back to my home country. I stayed 4 days there, and applied PCC 2 days before I left for Canada. After that, I never left Canada. When I try to get a new PCC in 2017 for my EE application, I encountered some difficulties, so I can only submit my application with the old one with explanation about it.

Fortunately, everything of my application went well, and I just got my application approved today.

It's only my personal experience, maybe I just got a very nice officer processed my application. But I think your wife's situation is much better than mine, and according my understanding of the requirements, your wife's PCC is fine. Or if you worry about it, you can try to get a new one, and submit it via CSE.
can i upload the new pcc via cse? Because one of the members showed me the accepted reasons to submit a cse and pcc update was not mentioned in it

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Wolverine17 said:
can i upload the new pcc via cse? Because one of the members showed me the accepted reasons to submit a cse and pcc update was not mentioned in it
Does anyone know the answer regarding pcc upload via cse?