+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[URGENT HELP]_incomplete degree_ Newzealand ( indian citizen) in the year Sept 2008 till Jan 2010

JVS192328

Jul 20, 2022
See the thing is you believe it or not you have misinterpreted. You can't undo that and since you have done it in New Zealand it will easily pop up in your immigration history. Also you would have applied for study visa for that study which will also come up easily. I think it's best you get professional help. It's also best to frame an explanation letter.
If I frame an explanation letter, could you elaborate this letter plz , where do I need to submit this letter ,

Shld the education details be mentioned in personal history and also explain the situation over there ...

I believe the travel history is untill the last ten years in EE right ...

Could you throw some more.knowledge plz ..

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
If I frame an explanation letter, could you elaborate this letter plz , where do I need to submit this letter ,

Shld the education details be mentioned in personal history and also explain the situation over there ...

I believe the travel history is untill the last ten years in EE right ...

Could you throw some more.knowledge plz ..
This needs to be mentioned in the education history, personal history needs to include the small time frame jobs and not incomplete education. In the education column compile all your education credentials along with this letter, you can attach cover letter with the list of all education.
For the letter sorry I have no idea about it. I think you yourself is the only person who knows about your situation. Frame the letter exactly as you felt and missed this. Hope this helps.

JVS192328

Jul 20, 2022
This needs to be mentioned in the education history, personal history needs to include the small time frame jobs and not incomplete education. In the education column compile all your education credentials along with this letter, you can attach cover letter with the list of all education.
For the letter sorry I have no idea about it. I think you yourself is the only person who knows about your situation. Frame the letter exactly as you felt and missed this. Hope this helps.
just a small doubt : while filling the study permit which document asks to fill incomplete degree, i havent filled any such document , could you please help in this regard

JVS192328

Jul 20, 2022
Hi, while applying study permit two documents i filled

1. imm5645e : No where there is an option to write any thing related to incomplete degree
2. imm1294e: This document asks for "have you had any post graduation degree" : here there is only one field to fill and i did fill with my Btech degree i completed, the only place i need to write is the SOP and where i didnt mention ( i believe it is not mandatory to write as well in SOP) ,
could you please let me know where did i not mentioned this ??

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Hi,
I applied study permit in the year 2020 and completed my masters, after tht completed one year work experience and now got an OINP invite, im expecting an invite soon . below is my doubt

1. While applying study permit i didnt mention about the incomplete degree and i am not going to claim any points for the same

2. Now when doing the PR application , how do i explain this: because i have to mention the travel history, if i explain the travel history i need to mention the incomplete degree

Is there any one who is in same boat like me: neither im misrepresenting nor i want to hide any information

Any expert advice would be highly appreciated

Thanks and Regards
First, you need to chill! Dont blow gaskets it will just make your work harder.

Ok, now.

1. AFAIK, the Study permit application demands to know your highest education qualification. Otherwise, if you are doing some degree that will become your highest one without even completing it. So relax about omitting incomplete degree in SP application.

2. In PR, IT IS EXPECTED THAT YOU WILL PROVIDE ADDITIONAL DETAILS OF YOUR LIFE OVER YOUR TR/SP APPLICATION! Because they ask for more details! LOL! So yeah do mention that you studied for some degree but never completed it. AFAIK, it is possible to do this in the forms of PR. This IS NOT misrep. Basic idea is that, do not cancel information about your past or rewrite your past. But giving additional details over SP/WP form is A-OKAY.

Unlike SP form, they ask about ALL of your educational past. So mention it there and there is a drop down to select "incomplete, degree not awared". If in doubt approach a RCIC about clarification. Obviously, since you wont have WES for this degree you will not be able to claim points. It is also perhaps possible to remove it altogether and mention it in your past activities plus LoE. Again you will not be lying if you include it in appropriate place.

Reactions: JVS192328

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
just a small doubt : while filling the study permit which document asks to fill incomplete degree, i havent filled any such document , could you please help in this regard
Look there is no such column asking you to fill incomplete degree but that doesn't mean you did not disclose it. Doesn't it ask complete, ongoing or incomplete where it ask for the status of an education.
I am not an expert and not an officer overlooking your file.
Hope this helps. All the best.

Reactions: JVS192328

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
@JVS192328
OP, if it helps, here is a bigger "mis-rep" that I did.

My wife apparently have three names.

One is her name given by her parents : Lets say it is Lorem Ipsum. Let say her fathers name is Neque Porro Ipsum.

Another "name" is given by stupid Maharashtra Board: Lorem Neque Porro Ipsum. Yes, they inserted her fathers name in her Xth and XIIth certificate! The same name appears in ALL her degrees.

Finally after marriage her name is changed to Lorem Ipsum Dolor because my name is Quia Dolor.

Now in her WP I mentioned her name as Lorem Ipsum Dolor and like a good boy I am, I also declared her name Lorem Ipsum before marriage. But I never declared her name on degree ie Lorem Neque Porro Ipsum !

During PR I thought this might become a sticking point because I am now declaring an additional name which omitted in past! I consulted a lawyer and he told me this basic principle: "PR application is SUPPOSED to be more thorough. You may explain and declare additional facts about yourself but do not contradict with what you already declared." So thats what I did. I declared all three of her name (even though on WP application I had declared only two!) and wrote a LoE about how the hell this name Lorem Neque Porro Ipsum even came about.

I got PR and she did too. That simple.