+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent GCMS note explanations help

mgrc420

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
York isn't high ranked. It's the laughing stock of the Canadian education system.
Didn't know its the laughing stock of the Canadian education system. I've seen MaClean's ranking they are overall #20 among other hundreds of Canadian schools. Besides, I don't care about the ranking coz I ain't gonna study any Masters at York. I just want to study career oriented Digital & Content marketing certificate course for the sake of my own benefits. I'm not fancy for immigration. I've found another school "Seneca" provides similar digital marketing course in GTA so I thought uni will be better than a college.

Thanks.

mgrc420

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
I wouldn't say it's as bad as you're making it out to be. It's considered top 20 in Canada. There are plenty worse. The problem is not his institution but rather his choice of program. If he was doing a Master's in Marketing or Digital Marketing then he would have a much higher chance
Well said.

But when I was searching for program like this I hardly found very few school's in Canada provides degree (Pure Masters) in Digital marketing. Mostly like Masters in Marketing, MBA Marketing, Marketing and communications, Marketing strategy etc. I was looking for pure digital marketing course where I don't waste my time studying traditional marketing courses. York program content is very unique and ideal for me.

mgrc420

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
I have seen another post where he mentioned that he is going to submit 2nd attempt today. I think he is rushing into things he isn't well prepared for.
But i wish him all the best.
I missed this point you quoted "Right but for somone from 3rd world country it maybe equivalent to Oxford."

Mate if I were I you, I would never dare to compare York with Oxford.

But yeah I've seen that in London too. People coming from other countries to study there and eventually they started thinking they are the first world citizens for granted and forget their roots. Hell, yeah it happens right! ;)

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Didn't know its the laughing stock of the Canadian education system. I've seen MaClean's ranking they are overall #20 among other hundreds of Canadian schools. Besides, I don't care about the ranking coz I ain't gonna study any Masters at York. I just want to study career oriented Digital & Content marketing certificate course for the sake of my own benefits. I'm not fancy for immigration. I've found another school "Seneca" provides similar digital marketing course in GTA so I thought uni will be better than a college.

Thanks.
It's not about the ranking. The institution is poorly run. Those certificate programs are even worse and they are known for just milking money from international students.

The visa officer is correct, the cost outweighs the educational benefits you'll get from a certificate course. It won't improve your employability than the work experience you already have. You can't possibly justify that, an indication that you're not a genuine student.

The visa officer don't see the purpose in you going to Canada for a certificate program.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
And what's the rush to reapply? Address the problems fully. Every post you have made so far confirms the visa officers decision.

Reactions: mgrc420

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Well said.

But when I was searching for program like this I hardly found very few school's in Canada provides degree (Pure Masters) in Digital marketing. Mostly like Masters in Marketing, MBA Marketing, Marketing and communications, Marketing strategy etc. I was looking for pure digital marketing course where I don't waste my time studying traditional marketing courses. York program content is very unique and ideal for me.
Pretty sure Ryerson has a Master in Digital Media and Western also came up with a MS in Digital Management. But, sure it's up to you ultimately. Best of luck

jagmeetsinghji1

Feb 4, 2020
Good to see some positivity ...in time of failures, there are not alot to say let's try for one more time? U got it with same course ,uni ?