+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent GCMS note explanations help

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Here it comes. The first SOP I wrote and got rejection. Please check.
Don't waste your time writing sop for no reason. Quite frankly, it's badly written and too generic, and the visa officers won't be bothered to read them nor make their decision based on your sop.

Save up more money and apply for a MBA.

Reactions: mgrc420

mgrc420

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
You definitely do not have enough money. Have you researched on what it actually costs to live and study on Canada? And besides, you having the need to borrow money shows you do not have the financial capacity to study in Canada.

Your SOP is also very generic and doesn't say much or convincing at all.

The visa officer don't really have the time to read everyone's sop. Your documents shows clearly that tyou are not a genuine student with intentions to study nor have the financial capacity to do so.
This time around I'm showing

Personal savings fund: $21,536.00
Joint acc (with my wife): $22,572.00
Father savings fund: $49,000.00
=========================
Total accumulated more or less: $90,000
Besides have my own apartment value: around $90,000
=======================================

mgrc420

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Don't waste your time writing sop for no reason. Quite frankly, it's badly written and too generic, and the visa officers won't be bothered to read them nor make their decision based on your sop.

Save up more money and apply for a MBA.
I may need to work on SOP. But honestly speaking I don't want to study MBA. It's too generic for me. Either I will study this program I intend to or I will not apply any further for MBA because my intention is not the immigration.

I'm just not sure how to impress VO with a well written SOP. :(

Shazd85

Oct 28, 2019
You definitely do not have enough money. Have you researched on what it actually costs to live and study on Canada? And besides, you having the need to borrow money shows you do not have the financial capacity to study in Canada.

Your SOP is also very generic and doesn't say much or convincing at all.

The visa officer don't really have the time to read everyone's sop. Your documents shows clearly that tyou are not a genuine student with intentions to study nor have the financial capacity to do so.
I agree the amount of money he is showing is hardly covers the rent and food for 3 months.

mgrc420

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
I agree the amount of money he is showing is hardly covers the rent and food for 3 months.
Thanks but my present financial standings

This time around I'm showing (for 2nd attempt)

spiderfromars

Jun 1, 2020
I may need to work on SOP. But honestly speaking I don't want to study MBA. It's too generic for me. Either I will study this program I intend to or I will not apply any further for MBA because my intention is not the immigration.

correcting the grammatical errors on your sop first would be a good place to start, good luck!

Shazd85

Oct 28, 2019

The issue i see with this is the source of funds. Visa officer would be concerned where the money coming from. How did you get rich suddenly. Officer may think money was borrowed to show strong finances. So you need to explain all this.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019

sop is not to impress anyone

It is not an essay competition. Visa officer cannot just take your word for it and issue you a study permit based on that. They look at your documents first. If that doesn't meet the requirements, you don't get approved for a study permit.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019

So why didn't you provide that on your application? Your notes say that the visa officer could not find and personal funds.

And again, you needing to borrow money from your father even in your 30s for study shows that you do not have the money nor the intentions to study. You need to look at it from the visa officers perspective. Why would they think that you want to spend so much money, on a certificate course, in an expensive country, in a poorly reputed institution?

Shazd85

Oct 28, 2019
So why didn't you provide that on your application? Your notes say that the visa officer could not find and personal funds.

And again, you needing to borrow money from your father even in your 30s for study shows that you do not have the money nor the intentions to study. You need to look at it from the visa officers perspective. Why would they think that you want to spend so much money, on a certificate course, in an expensive country, in a poorly reputed institution?
Poorly reputed lol i thought he said high ranked institution

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
York isn't high ranked. It's the laughing stock of the Canadian education system.
I wouldn't say it's as bad as you're making it out to be. It's considered top 20 in Canada. There are plenty worse. The problem is not his institution but rather his choice of program. If he was doing a Master's in Marketing or Digital Marketing then he would have a much higher chance

Shazd85

Oct 28, 2019
York isn't high ranked. It's the laughing stock of the Canadian education system.
I have seen another post where he mentioned that he is going to submit 2nd attempt today. I think he is rushing into things he isn't well prepared for.
But i wish him all the best.

Last edited:

mgrc420

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Right but for somone from 3rd world country it maybe equivalent to Oxford.
On positive note i read his comment on another post where he mentioned that he is going to submit 2nd attempt today. I think he is rushing into it and i dont see any positive outcome. Sometimes its better to take time out and prepare the documents as per requirement.
But i wish him all the best.

Yeah I was rushing on it. After having feedback from you people I decided to take it slow. Go through everything and make amendments where necessary. Thanks.