+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent ECA Question

Sobia.rasheed

Jun 8, 2018
I have a quick question:

! just received my ECA report from CES and underneath my name (Sobia Rasheed) -- there's some text in parenthesis that reads, "(also known as Sobia Rasheed Abbasi)," as that is my family's name. Do you think that would cause a problem with immigration and should get that removed?

The name on my application will be Sobia Rasheed, the name on my passport is Sobia Rasheed (without Abbasi). My Master's Degree also says, "Sobia Rasheed" but the Bachelor's Degree says, "Sobia Rasheed Abbasi".

Comments and help would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

zohebshaikh

Aug 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
I have a quick question:

! just received my ECA report from CES and underneath my name (Sobia Rasheed) -- there's some text in parenthesis that reads, "(also known as Sobia Rasheed Abbasi)," as that is my family's name. Do you think that would cause a problem with immigration and should get that removed?

The name on my application will be Sobia Rasheed, the name on my passport is Sobia Rasheed (without Abbasi). My Master's Degree also says, "Sobia Rasheed" but the Bachelor's Degree says, "Sobia Rasheed Abbasi".

Comments and help would be really appreciated.

Thanks!
You don't need to change anything on the ECA, IMO you cannot.

Mention any name that is different from the passport in 'other names used' in your EE application. Get a notarised affidavit (Legal Name Change Document) with your passport name as current name, and mentions all the other names within. You will need to upload this with the e-APR (after ITA).

Highlight any document that has a name different from that in your passport in the Letter of Explanation, and indicate that you have provided a Legal Name Change Document.

This needs to be done for all the applicants you will include in your application (who have different names on different documents).

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2018
You don't need to change anything on the ECA, IMO you cannot.

Mention any name that is different from the passport in 'other names used' in your EE application. Get a notarised affidavit (Legal Name Change Document) with your passport name as current name, and mentions all the other names within. You will need to upload this with the e-APR (after ITA).

Highlight any document that has a name different from that in your passport in the Letter of Explanation, and indicate that you have provided a Legal Name Change Document.

This needs to be done for all the applicants you will include in your application (who have different names on different documents).
I have a similar query. My name in all educational document is same. But my fathers name in all educational document has sirname attached. But my father has removed sirname from the passport. Will that be any issue