+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent doubt regarding Post ITA : Education history

karan_1337

May 9, 2019
Hi, I received the ITA under CEC. But when I was collecting docs and going through this form. I am facing a big doubt.
While filling my Express Entry profile, I have entered both Masters from Canada and Bachelors from India (and entered No in ECA option).
Now I am confused on which documents to submit in Education history, should I submit my Bachelor's degree as well?
or should I add details in LOE along with my application?
Please help guys.

rshangle

Star Member
Jan 21, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Put your bachelors in personal history only, and mention the same in LOE. Just put your masters in education history as that is the one you are claiming points for.

karan_1337

May 9, 2019
Put your bachelors in personal history only, and mention the same in LOE. Just put your masters in education history as that is the one you are claiming points for.
The thing is I already received the ITA and now I don't think that I can change Education history?

rshangle

Star Member
Jan 21, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
That's ok. You are not misrepresenting anything as you anyway have mentioned no ECA for your bachelors. Rest you can explain in LOE.

karan_1337

May 9, 2019
I am going to mention this in LOE. is this fine?

"In the Education history, I have mentioned both Masters from Canada and Bachelors from India. In my profile I am only claiming points for Masters degree and therefore I did not have the Bachelors degree assessed. This same I have mentioned in my profile that I have Bachelor degree without ECA. As IRCC official policy states that only the highest degree should be assessed to claim points. I am uploading my Bachelors degree that I received from my university and Masters degree from Canada for which I am claiming points."

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Thanks a lot for response.
So should I include my bachelors degree or just Masters degree?
I had a ECA for Master's only and similarly like you mentioned Bachelor with no ECA for FSW. You can submit both your education and explain in LOE that ECA is not attached for Bachelor.

Reactions: karan_1337

karan_1337

May 9, 2019
I had a ECA for Master's only and similarly like you mentioned Bachelor with no ECA for FSW. You can submit both your education and explain in LOE that ECA is not attached for Bachelor.
Thanks for the steps and sharing your experience. I will do the same.

Sarah1980

Apr 15, 2019
Hello,
Does that mean in the education history you put only the Master and the Bachelor post ITA ? (nothing like high school stuff for instance ?) Thanks for your time !

qaisahmedsa

Apr 13, 2023
Did you actually follow this approach? Did you have any issues?

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Hello,

Does that mean in the education history you put only the Master and the Bachelor post ITA ? (nothing like high school stuff for instance ?) Thanks for your time !
I don't remember including high school details.

Reactions: Sarah1980