+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent - Do I need to send PP for PCC from Indian embassy in SF

RelocateDream

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Hi - I'm hoping someone can answer my question, so I can decide whether or not to send my application tomorrow. I've read different replies to this post, so very confused about what to do!

FYI, I'll be traveling internationally in a month and don't want to risk not giving away my PP and not getting it back on time. I've read instructions on the SF consulate website, and I didn't see them ask for the original PP. Am I missing something?

1) If I'm mailing my application, do I include my passport?
2) If the PP is required, is it better to appear in person, so they can look at it and give it back to me then and there?

Thanks.

Vivu

Feb 20, 2018
Hi - I'm hoping someone can answer my question, so I can decide whether or not to send my application tomorrow. I've read different replies to this post, so very confused about what to do!

FYI, I'll be traveling internationally in a month and don't want to risk not giving away my PP and not getting it back on time. I've read instructions on the SF consulate website, and I didn't see them ask for the original PP. Am I missing something?

1) If I'm mailing my application, do I include my passport?
2) If the PP is required, is it better to appear in person, so they can look at it and give it back to me then and there?

Thanks.
Yes if you are mailing the docs original passport is required.

If you have to travel then better to appear in person so that they can give it back to you the same day. PCC will be mailed to you later on your address.

RelocateDream

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Yes if you are mailing the docs original passport is required.

If you have to travel then better to appear in person so that they can give it back to you the same day. PCC will be mailed to you later on your address.
Got it! Thanks for your help.