+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

urgent--clarification of app to sponsor

kumakuma

Sep 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i have posted about this before, and i think i understand it, but am worried about making a potentially important mistake. could anyone please clearly answer this one? appreciate any help...

first, my details: i am a canadian citizen, sponsoring my japanese wife. we live in japan, applying outland, (necessarily--?) through CPC-M.

re: application to sponsor & undertaking, page 3 # 6 b) & c):

If you are sponsoring a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class, do not complete b) and c); proceed to 7 immediately.
b) If the above address is not in the country of nationality of the person you are sponsoring, has that person been lawfully admitted for a period of at least one year in the country where he or she is living?
The application will be processed at the visa office No responsible for the country of which the person you are
sponsoring is a national. Proceed to 7. Yes Answer c) below.
c) Do you wish to have the application for permanent residence of the person you are sponsoring processed at the visa office responsible for this country?
Yes
The application will be processed at the visa office No responsible for the country of which the person you are
sponsoring is a national.

Ok, I'm not applying inland, so I can't skip. Therefore I move on to 6b-- my above address is indeed "in the country of nationality of the person you are sponsoring," so logic tells me I need not answer either b) or c); instead I should leave them blank. To me, the logic dictates it goes back to CPC-M. It all seems slightly irrelevant anyway, because in my specific case it could be processed nowhere else but Mississauga.

Have I made a logical error or is this all copasetic?

thanks very much for any help.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good grief!!!!!! You're killing me!!! ;-)

You are submitting an OUTLAND application. You can only file INLAND if both of you are in Canada.

Your case is NOT processed in Mississauga. Mississauga only processes YOUR application to sponsor your wife.

Then the file is sent overseas to process YOUR WIFE'S PR application.

Your wife IS IN her country of nationality so 6 b and c DO NOT APPLY to her. Her application will AUTOMATICALLY be processed in Tokyo which is what you should list as your VISA OFFICE.