+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Citizenship Grant

weelo1989

Jul 31, 2017
Hey Everyone,

I have applied for an urgent citizenship grant 2 weeks ago and I wanted to check if anyone has done it before. How long does it take for them to reply if my application is good to go and if any estimated time for the interview and test?

Thanks

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Everyone,

I have applied for an urgent citizenship grant 2 weeks ago and I wanted to check if anyone has done it before. How long does it take for them to reply if my application is good to go and if any estimated time for the interview and test?

Thanks
IRCC won't tell you whether they accept your urgent request or not. If your application moves a lot faster than others, then it means they process your application urgently. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Reactions: weelo1989

jickson

Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IRCC won't tell you whether they accept your urgent request or not. If your application moves a lot faster than others, then it means they process your application urgently. Correct me if I'm wrong.
In my case, I received a letter saying my request for urgent processing was not approved and it'll be processed normally. Not everyone will get it though.

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In my case, I received a letter saying my request for urgent processing was not approved and it'll be processed normally. Not everyone will get it though.
How long did it take you to receive the email? I actually sent an urgent request after AOR as I have a job opportunity within the government body that needs top security clearance. I called IRCC and the agent said my file was in the urgent processing department in the local office... If they can get it done before end of March, that'd be great. If not, I would lose the opportunity and it would make my urgent request invalid. Also, if I get a better offer somewhere else sooner, I probably won't consider this government job...

weelo1989

Jul 31, 2017
Did you have a Canadian travel document or a refugee status in your application?

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
How long did it take you to receive the email? I actually sent an urgent request after AOR as I have a job opportunity within the government body that needs top security clearance. I called IRCC and the agent said my file was in the urgent processing department in the local office... If they can get it done before end of March, that'd be great. If not, I would lose the opportunity and it would make my urgent request invalid. Also, if I get a better offer somewhere else sooner, I probably won't consider this government job...
So you requested this potential employer in the government a letter explaining you got the job if you get the citizenship by a certain date? Then they REALLY want to hire you...

Mherlou

Sep 4, 2018
Hi! I just send my citizenship application thru e presspost and send to P.O. box address. And i just track it is already delivered and there’s a signature already. I just wanna ask if the CIC Immigration will email me that they receives my application even i send it thru express post and i track it already or they just email me if my application is on process? Thank u

hardnut

Aug 23, 2018
Brampton, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi, IND
App. Filed.......
11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-2011
LANDED..........
10-2011
Hey Everyone,

Thanks
If this helps; A few years ago I had successfully got my PR renewed quickly with an urgent request (genuine medical reasons) .
They never wrote to me that they are doing it urgently , I just received my new PR card a few weeks later.