+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent! Change of address after PPR.

Lacewingz

Jan 30, 2016
Hi Guys!

I recently received the PPR stating that I submit my passport to the Canadian immigration office in Delhi before the 25th of October, 2017. But I am currently residing in New Zealand. I have informed CIC of my address change via case secific inquiry but they have not responded yet.

Will it be ok if I submit my passport to the immigration office in Sydney, Australia as this is the closest office to NZ, or do I have to wait for a response from CIC?

Last edited:

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
Give them a call, try to get hold of an agent and then explain the situation.
They will have to amend the records so that you can submit your passport to your nearest immigration office.
I would not submit my passport without getting the confirmation from them. It might complicate things!

Reactions: Lacewingz

Lacewingz

Jan 30, 2016
Give them a call, try to get hold of an agent and then explain the situation.
They will have to amend the records so that you can submit your passport to your nearest immigration office.
I would not submit my passport without getting the confirmation from them. It might complicate things!
Thank you so much for getting back to me on that :)
I couldn't reach them via phone but did send out a mail detailing my situation to Canada, India and Sydney. Got a reply from Sydney which goes as follows...

...Any Visa Office can print your Visa label once your application has been approved. The only way of supplying your passport to a Visa Office is to send it via a Visa Application Centre (VAC). Please include with your passports a letter explaining that you are submitting your passport to Sydney and not New Delhi, as Sydney is the closest processing office to you.

I'm really confused now. I don't have much time and haven't received any correspondence from either Canada or India.

Also is there a limit to how many case specific enquiries an applicant can raise?

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
I don't think there is a limit on how many inquiries one can make.
But, since the email reads "Any visa office can your Visa label" I would go ahead and submit the passport to the nearest VAC.
If the VAC ask for any documentation (very unlikely!), show them the correspondence email and you should be fine.

Reactions: Lacewingz

Lacewingz

Jan 30, 2016
I don't think there is a limit on how many inquiries one can make.
But, since the email reads "Any visa office can your Visa label" I would go ahead and submit the passport to the nearest VAC.
If the VAC ask for any documentation (very unlikely!), show them the correspondence email and you should be fine.
In that case I'm just going to go ahead and submit them this week and hope for the best.

I also came across this thread which was a bit reassuring
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/query-in-submitting-my-passport-for-the-visa-stamping-application-for-pr.279410/

Thanks a bunch for the timely help. I truly appreciate it. Cheers! :):):)

mohitprcanada

Nov 2, 2017
Hi Guys,

I am in a similar situation. I am in NY and will be here for the next 4 months but the application was filed when was back home in India. I received my Passport Request last week asking me to submit my passport to the VFS in Delhi by 03-Feb-2019. My agent, the one who I used to file my app, says I can't submit my passport to the VFS in NY. He is asking me to come back to Delhi to submit which, for a lot of practical reasons and for the fear of losing my existing job, I can't.

After reading the thread above I shot an email to the VFS in New Delhi, Canada, and New York. The Delhi guys came back saying that I can only submit it in New Delhi unless I ask for a change of place from the Canadian consulate. This is in stark contrast to what is being said above in the thread. Did anyone else face the same issue? Has anything changed from (Nov-2017 i.e. the date of the last response on this thread). Please help. Let me know what can I do in the limited time I have.

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Hi Guys,

I am in a similar situation. I am in NY and will be here for the next 4 months but the application was filed when was back home in India. I received my Passport Request last week asking me to submit my passport to the VFS in Delhi by 03-Feb-2019. My agent, the one who I used to file my app, says I can't submit my passport to the VFS in NY. He is asking me to come back to Delhi to submit which, for a lot of practical reasons and for the fear of losing my existing job, I can't.

After reading the thread above I shot an email to the VFS in New Delhi, Canada, and New York. The Delhi guys came back saying that I can only submit it in New Delhi unless I ask for a change of place from the Canadian consulate. This is in stark contrast to what is being said above in the thread. Did anyone else face the same issue? Has anything changed from (Nov-2017 i.e. the date of the last response on this thread). Please help. Let me know what can I do in the limited time I have.

You need to raise a CSE and inform IRCC about the change in your address. This should have been done as soon as you moved to new york.
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

This is the protocol you need to follow. Once this is done, then you'd be able to send it the new york one.

JPurba

Jan 22, 2018
Bangalore
Hi Guys,

Hi @mohitprcanada , I hope you have got your PR by now, may i know how much time it took to change the submission office from India to USA.
What steps you took ? email, webform etc. Kindly help i am in similar situation.

mohitprcanada

Nov 2, 2017
Hi @mohitprcanada , I hope you have got your PR by now, may i know how much time it took to change the submission office from India to USA.
What steps you took ? email, webform etc. Kindly help i am in similar situation.
Hi JPurba,

Unfortunately, I don't know the exact steps since I went via an immigration agency for this (since I was extremely busy at work). However, I looked up my emails and found that the agency asked me for a few specific things

· The scanned copy of entry exit stamps on your and your Spouse’s passport. - I scanned my passport and i-94 for this
· The visa type for you and your Spouse.
· Duration of stay in US. for both - the visa stamps were provided
· Purpose of travel for both - provided a PDF of the email my boss sent me asking for travel to US for work. This, I did just to be on the safe side, is just optional.
What the agent did with these documents, I don't know for sure.

All I know is once I gave them this, 4-5 days after I received a new letter for passport request with the address of the VFS in New York. Once I submitted the passports there, I got them back after 3 days (as against the 21 days for the India VFS). I asked the VFS to not mail the passports and instead opted to go and collect in person, to avoid any issues.
Hope this helps.

JPurba

Jan 22, 2018
Bangalore
Hi JPurba,

Unfortunately, I don't know the exact steps since I went via an immigration agency for this (since I was extremely busy at work). However, I looked up my emails and found that the agency asked me for a few specific things

· The scanned copy of entry exit stamps on your and your Spouse’s passport. - I scanned my passport and i-94 for this
· The visa type for you and your Spouse.
· Duration of stay in US. for both - the visa stamps were provided
· Purpose of travel for both - provided a PDF of the email my boss sent me asking for travel to US for work. This, I did just to be on the safe side, is just optional.
What the agent did with these documents, I don't know for sure.

All I know is once I gave them this, 4-5 days after I received a new letter for passport request with the address of the VFS in New York. Once I submitted the passports there, I got them back after 3 days (as against the 21 days for the India VFS). I asked the VFS to not mail the passports and instead opted to go and collect in person, to avoid any issues.
Hope this helps.
@mohitprcanada Thank you so much for detailed information Mohit... This is not only useful for me but for many who will land on this thread for such information.. Thank you again for replying.. I have sent the information to NDVO and Copied CPC Ottawa on Tuesday , let's c how much time they take ..

ocimsg

Aug 3, 2021
Hi Guys,

Hi Im also in similar situation.
I would be great if you could share the email id's to which you have send mail regarding your issues. I'm not able to find out the email ids

Thanks in advance.