+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent - Biometrics in USA in USCIS center

RMen

Jun 22, 2020
Looks like there isn't much of a movement. I had a three questions, your answers will be so helpful -

1. Is there a maximum time limit before which I need to enter Canada after approval of a work permit, like in the case of a PR? Or can I enter Canada after 18 months of WP approval assuming my visa is valid for 2 years? My employer is flexible so that isn't an issue but not sure how this really works.

2. I get a work permit for 2 years but I intend to start work only after 1 year or 18 months. In such a case, can I enter Canada as a tourist for a couple f weeks with the same visa? If not, how do I go about the process?

3. I get my work permit and I then go to India and then travel to Canada. In such a situation, do I need to submit medicals or is there any other documentation needed since I visited another country that needs medical for approvals.

I have been extensively searching the internet for answers but nothing so far. Any help will be much appreciated

nscanadax

Aug 3, 2020
ICT WP Permit Filed on May 22, Bio Metrics completed o 21st July - Still no updates.
Filed when i was in US, but now i have returned to India and the same has been updated to IRCC as well.
Not sure if that is causing a delay
I am in the same situation except that I will be moving to India in two months and it does not look like I will have my Canada WP approved by that time looking at all the delays. What is the process to update IRCC about moving from the US to India when there is pending WP approval?

vsmkrm298

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
USA
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
I am in the same situation except that I will be moving to India in two months and it does not look like I will have my Canada WP approved by that time looking at all the delays. What is the process to update IRCC about moving from the US to India when there is pending WP approval?
I am also in a similar situation but I am thinking of waiting for 3 months before deciding what to do. Besides isn't getting WP be more delayed if we move to India as most of the approvals for WP are issued to those who applied from US? Also, let me know how to update IRCC about moving to India. Just seems like Canadian Immigration system is total BS. A friend of mine applied to Germany for the WP in August and he got it within a week while I applied to WP to Canada in June and still waiting.

thiru6799

Jun 25, 2020
I am also in a similar situation but I am thinking of waiting for 3 months before deciding what to do. Besides isn't getting WP be more delayed if we move to India as most of the approvals for WP are issued to those who applied from US? Also, let me know how to update IRCC about moving to India. Just seems like Canadian Immigration system is total BS. A friend of mine applied to Germany for the WP in August and he got it within a week while I applied to WP to Canada in June and still waiting.
Folks who applied in March and April are still waiting as well.

PravinDeo

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
ICT WP Permit Filed on May 22, Bio Metrics completed o 21st July - Still no updates.
Filed when i was in US, but now i have returned to India and the same has been updated to IRCC as well.
Not sure if that is causing a delay
did you get Medical correspondence letter as you moved to India you are now required to give Medical right ?

Yqing237

Jun 12, 2019
Just got a shipping number from fedex that my passport should be back here tomorrow morning. Once I get the letter of introduction guess I should be good to go at any moment. Any idea when I should receive the letter?

Reactions: PravinDeo

PravinDeo

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
Just got a shipping number from fedex that my passport should be back here tomorrow morning. Once I get the letter of introduction guess I should be good to go at any moment. Any idea when I should receive the letter?
letter of introduction will come by post or on online account ? Thanks.

sathya.vasudevan11

Jul 9, 2020
I think we have to login to our application and it gives you a form to make changes to your address.
My company did that as they have applied it through an attorney

sathya.vasudevan11

Jul 9, 2020
did you get Medical correspondence letter as you moved to India you are now required to give Medical right ?
I have not received any updates yet on medical, my application was applied in the US and hence it was mentioned i don't have to do medical.
But things might change. Have to wait and see.

sathya.vasudevan11

Jul 9, 2020
Folks who applied in March and April are still waiting as well.
When i checked the trend, i was informed March Filed WP are getting approvals now. If this is the time frame that they are taking to approve cases, then looks like April, May, June cases will be approved in October, November and December.

Also the borders are closed i Canada and they have extended till Sep 30, this is also causing these delays.

Reactions: yogesh23