+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent - Biometrics in USA in USCIS center

matahari

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
Okay. Thank you. Would you be able to provide the list of docs we need to carry if we are going to drive? Not urgent, when ever you get time. Thanks again.
Passports, Letter of Introduction or any document posted on your CIC account by IRCC.
Marriage Certificate
Employment Letter indicating salary, when does the job start and where etc.
Kids' details if traveling with you - passports, immunization, any school/grade information.
Bank account details
Car Title is a must - do not try to take leased or financed car.
Fill the RIV forms online at least a few days before traveling that show that you are exempt from paying any duties at the border if you are on WP. For this you need to upload title, car photos and import/export exemption form issued by your manufacturer.
Status in US - what were you doing before moving to Canada.
Take your inventory of items with you and following you (if you used a movers) - this isn't important for those with WP. But just tell the officer that you have stuff coming with you and after you. They will explain what to do and how to get your stuff across border.
Driving license or IDs.
I will post if I remember anything.

thiru6799

Jun 25, 2020
Passports, Letter of Introduction or any document posted on your CIC account by IRCC.
Marriage Certificate
Kids' details if traveling with you - passports, immunization, any school/grade information.
Bank account details
Fill the RIV forms online at least a few days before traveling that show that you are exempt from paying any duties at the border if you are on WP. For this you need to upload title, car photos and import/export exemption form issued by your manufacturer.
Take your inventory of items with you and following you (if you used a movers) - this isn't important for those with WP. But just tell the officer that you have stuff coming with you and after you. They will explain what to do and how to get your stuff across border.
Driving license or IDs.
Thanks a lot for providing the details. Appreciate it.

matahari

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
Of course, good question. We booked a hotel room for 20 days and provided the officer with our reservation. They will ask you about how food and medicines etc will be obtained. We carried enough food and medicines with us. So, we told them about that. However, they might press harder to see if you are going to take help from family or friends. Just say you will order thru an app and get delivered. They had a lot more questions. Just indicate that you are self sufficient for 14 days. Not going to have visitors, friends and not going to live with any older vulnerable people.

NeedHelp2020

Jul 23, 2020
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
I heard lot of student visa applicants are getting AIP. I assume since new school sessions are starting soon, CIC is focussed on student visa. This means hopefully work permit should get their attention very soon. Lets hope this is the case. (Ghalib dil ko behlane ko khayal acha hai meaning anything that keeps your mind at ease)

Reactions: PravinDeo

PravinDeo

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
Marriage Certificate
Bank account details
Driving license or IDs.
Hi,
Thank you so much for all info.
How to get " import/export exemption form issued by your manufacturer. ". is there a website.. also did they check your driving license, insurance etc.

Last edited:

haritosh82

May 31, 2020
USA
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-04-2020
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Marriage Certificate
Bank account details
Driving license or IDs.
good info. What documents they checked in your case?

yogesh23

Jul 15, 2020
Of course, good question. We booked a hotel room for 20 days and provided the officer with our reservation. They will ask you about how food and medicines etc will be obtained. We carried enough food and medicines with us. So, we told them about that. However, they might press harder to see if you are going to take help from family or friends. Just say you will order thru an app and get delivered. They had a lot more questions. Just indicate that you are self sufficient for 14 days. Not going to have visitors, friends and not going to live with any older vulnerable people.
thanks, this is very helpful

nscanadax

Aug 3, 2020
I have applied for WP on June 26 (GSS).
Gave biometry on July 23rd.

No update after that so I wrote to IRCC. They get back with the following.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:

• The criminal background verification is in process.
While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the/your application as soon as possible.

Any idea on how long it takes for background verification?

vsmkrm298

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
USA
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
I don't know mate. I have similar timelines and applied for WP (GSS) on June 22, gave biometrics on July 21. No update yet. Applied from US

matahari

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
Hi,
Thank you so much for all info.
How to get " import/export exemption form issued by your manufacturer. ". is there a website.. also did they check your driving license, insurance etc.
Every manufacturer selling cars in US Canada and Mexico maintains a website to issue this exemption or recall clearance letters. Check your mfr. You need the VIN.

Reactions: PravinDeo
Jul 9, 2020
I have applied for WP on June 26 (GSS).
Gave biometry on July 23rd.

No update after that so I wrote to IRCC. They get back with the following.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:

• The criminal background verification is in process.
While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the/your application as soon as possible.

Any idea on how long it takes for background verification?
how did u contact to IRCC? I also need to contact them

studentcandidate

Jun 13, 2020
My friend just received an update that his application has advanced to the next stage of processing, and he can start his studies online while waiting for the final decision. I thought that the two stages of approval are only for those who are unable to provide biometrics at this moment due to COVID-19. However, he is in the US and already provided his biometrics before he got this message.