+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent - Biometrics in USA in USCIS center

gm95788

Jun 4, 2020
the June 22nd date that they mentioned - was it for Canadian visas or US immigration services that need bio metrics?
I asked them like I was looking for Biometrics appointment for my canada visa and June 22nd was their answer. But I feel this date is common for both Canada and US visas.
As someone else mentioned, she was reading a script to goto a site like cic...

-MK-

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
Canada
Just called Canada VAC and they said that at present the tentative date is 22nd June, but keep checking twice a week as they might open up the calendar for scheduling appointments

manjunathsr14

Jun 4, 2020
I asked them like I was looking for Biometrics appointment for my canada visa and June 22nd was their answer. But I feel this date is common for both Canada and US visas.
As someone else mentioned, she was reading a script to goto a site like cic...
makes sense... thanks..

manjunathsr14

Jun 4, 2020
I went to Dallas North ASC and it was closed, so looks like the ASCs are still closed and only the Field offices are open.

rpatel53

Feb 19, 2020
Is anyone from the USA waiting on biometrics to be completed for EE?

Currently, all VAC and ASC are closed and according to some sources, they will reopen on 22nd June.

And according to the CIC website, we don’t have to give our biometrics until the biometrics collection site closest to us reopens but should we have to generate a web-form to extend our deadline if it is going to expire before this date or we are fine without it as it is mentioned on the website?

Does anyone complete this process recently?

Singh2016

Mar 1, 2016
Hi All,
My parents applied for Canadian visitor visa on May 5th. They are currently in Minnesota USA and currently waiting on biometrics steps.
On USCIS website all application support centers are showing closed. Their current US visitor visa is going to expire soon. I am Canadian PR holder and planning of moving to Canada. I was thinking my parents can go along with me but due to Covid19 all biometrics locations are closed.

I am wondering if anyone has any idea on this situation.

haritosh82

May 31, 2020
USA
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-04-2020
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
I am in kind of similar situation and tried and exhausted all options possible. At the end, all I am being told is to wait until ASCs open and IRCC enables appointment scheduling on their website. Many people are saying that it will open June 22 but not confirmed yet. Take an appt as soon as link gets enabled. If it doesn’t leave enough time for your parents, they either need to go back to India using Vande bharat program and come to Canada from there or file a special extension with USCIS for COVID.

manjunathsr14

Jun 4, 2020
The Application Support Centers and VACs are still closed in US. CIC website says biometrics is closed until further notice, should wait and see for updates.

RMen

Jun 22, 2020
The ASC's aren't yet open and there is no info anywhere on when they plan to open. I just don't understand why they can't even give out tentative opening dates. Does anyone have any clue regarding the possible reopening dates?