04-12-2015
IELTS Request
Uploaded to SINP Online
Med's Request
Not Applicable - Upfront for EE
Med's Done....
Upfront medicals
varun22 said:
My passport was re-issued one year back and my wife's passport is reissued few days back, Do we need to mention old passport number on PCC?

My first passport was issued around 8 years back which is less than 10 years. Do you guys think its fine or something I should worry about?

Thanks,
Varun
You do not need to mention any old Passport numbers on the PCC, if the way you applied is from Police Commissioner's office. No issues with your first passport, don't worry.

ashutoshmanohar

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
05-11-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
03-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2016
LANDED..........
28-07-2016
PCC from PSK is definitely valid. There is a case where a person who had applied in November received PPR a few days back.
The concern here is will that be acceptable as a proof for a particular time period, which is the main point of rejection?

varun22

May 26, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
AOR Received.
28-01-2016<br>Medicals Passed - 29-01-2016 <br>Ghost Mail - 31-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-06-2016
I think when PSK gives you a NOC by stamping your passport, it means you don't have anything adverse against you in police records for any time period.

Because as mentioned by other members there's no mention of dates in PSK PCC.

darklord

Oct 12, 2014
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
N/A-EE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015 (SINP); 04-12-2015 (CIC)
Nomination.....
05-10-2015
AOR Received.
04-12-2015
IELTS Request
Uploaded to SINP Online
Med's Request
Not Applicable - Upfront for EE
Med's Done....
Upfront medicals
ashutoshmanohar said:
PCC from PSK is definitely valid. There is a case where a person who had applied in November received PPR a few days back.
The concern here is will that be acceptable as a proof for a particular time period, which is the main point of rejection?
Can you kindly tell me PCC from PSK is valid/accepted based on which authentic resource? I understand you are trying to say that previous members have got PPR using PCC PSK, I am not denying that. Applicant who applied in November and getting PPR can be taken as an official endorsement and rest of the people can follow that when CIC website says otherwise?

I am telling the rules have changed, now only Delhi residents can get PCC from PSK and I am providing official CIC link - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/india.asp. The same link previously used to list PSK as well but now that has changed. We need to provide official links to support the answer.

cooldek1986

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys

I recd ITA on Nov 27 and yet to submit my application..I live in Chennai and have been staying in the same address which is given in the passport since past 10 years...

I already go the PCC from PSK.As per the recent rejection , shld i re-apply from the local district police station??

Pls help me as i need to reach out the police station as it might again take some more time..

ashutoshmanohar

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
05-11-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
03-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2016
LANDED..........
28-07-2016
darklord said:
Can you kindly tell me PCC from PSK is valid/accepted based on which authentic resource? I understand you are trying to say that previous members have got PPR using PCC PSK, I am not denying that. Applicant who applied in November and getting PPR can be taken as an official endorsement and rest of the people can follow that when CIC website says otherwise?

I am telling the rules have changed, now only Delhi residents can get PCC from PSK and I am providing official CIC link - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/india.asp. The same link previously used to list PSK as well but now that has changed. We need to provide official links to support the answer.
No, there's no "authentic" source that validates my claim. I'm merely stating examples of people who have received PPR even after submitting their application with PCC from PSK, that too after the above mentioned modified rules came in effect.

I definitely don't encourage people to choose PSK over Commissioner's Office. But, considering the original poster is having issues with the PCC issued by Commissioner's Office, PSK might be one option.

Also, on the previous page, I've clearly mentioned PSK's PCC might not work in this case, as it does not mention any particular time period.

BhanuGhai

Star Member
Jul 29, 2014
Anyone recently got PCC prepared from PSK office? Can u plzz share the format? I mean whether they mention date of stay and address??

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The information on that link has been the sane since earlier this year. As I've argued on some other thread as well, any clearance issued by the passport authorities of a country is held in at least the same (and invariably higher) regard than clearance issued by police authorities of a province. An Indian PCC issued by the Indian passport authorities is most certainly valid and there is no logic in assuming or interpreting that CIC accords more value to the police authorities in Delhi than to Indian federal passport authorities.

Final word on this and advice to OP : Recommend that you proceed with PCC from passport authorities. It is certainly accepted and will suffice in your case as it isn't date-bound because it clarifies your criminal record across the country for the entirety of your stay there.

canadasunil

Mar 31, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with appl.
File Transfer...
17-07-2015
Med's Request
Submitted with appl.
Med's Done....
13-07-2015
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
07-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-01-2016
Apply PCC from PSK as they dont mention the dates in the clearance certificates.

The content of Indian PCC issued at PSK is something like given below.

It is certified that there is no adverse information against YOUR NAME S/o FATHER NAME, holder of Indian passport No PPT #, issued at PLACE, on DATE which would render him or her ineligible for grant of travel facilities including visa for CANADA.

okbangaram

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
@all: Just to clear the confusion.

I have personally looked at the rejection response given to the OP and also his original PCC submitted. Obviously, I am not going to put it here without his permission.

The real reason for his rejection is because his PCC from local police states some thing like:

"OP has lived in the address blah/blah/blah/ from XX/XX/2014 to XX/XX/2015 ... and there has been no adverse information found which restricts the OP from going to Canada in the above mentioned period."

In other words, PCC is telling CIC that only during this period of 1 year no adverse information has been found. This begs the question. What about the previous number of years up until 2014??? Which is exactly why CIC rejected his application.

I applied for FBI PCC as well and in that case also no time periods were mentioned. Just that as of 2015 no criminal history has been found.
I think any PCC from anywhere in the world gives just this info. (If at the time of application there has been any adverse information. That's it.)

So, I believe the PSK is sufficient. Also in the official link, the wording says OP "can" get it from the local police and not "must".

omsaiom

Aug 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
darklord said:

It says that you "can" apply to commissioner office and not "must". Same thing happened to me. I applied for PCC from police in Pune and they only give PCC for stay in Pune. I have live in other states as well but that state will not give me PCC now as I dont live there anymore. So I am planning to take PCC from Passport office. As normally there should not be any period mentioned on the police clearnace that is how every other country issues PCC. I have PCC from Australia and US and they are same stating that no adverse activities noted till the date PCC was issued.

faith007

Star Member
Nov 23, 2015
What is the best course of action if someone is in similar situation and the application has not yet been cancelled. Should one send a CSE?

faith007

Star Member
Nov 23, 2015
My pcc does not mention dates but says their is no adverse bla bla at above mentioned address.

Is this ok? Should i be worried about rejection? :'(

manpreetdhindsa15

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015 for OOPNP
Nomination.....
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
26-12-2015
Med's Done....
29-12-2015
Passport Req..
02-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2016
Dear All,

I find myself in similar situation, As for my wife's PCC, its mentioned that she stayed at current address from 14/12/2013 (our marriage date) to till date and nothing adverse against.............."

What should I do ? Another PCC from her native covering the time period from her 18th Birthday to our Marriage date?

Its mentioned on CIC website "People living in punjab, get PCC from SSP office", so not sure if PSK is an option for me..

Kindly advise.
Manpreet Singh

faith007

Star Member
Nov 23, 2015
manpreetdhindsa15 said:
Dear All,

I find myself in similar situation, As for my wife's PCC, its mentioned that she stayed at current address from 14/12/2013 (our marriage date) to till date and nothing adverse against.............."

What should I do ? Another PCC from her native covering the time period from her 18th Birthday to our Marriage date?

Its mentioned on CIC website "People living in punjab, get PCC from SSP office", so not sure if PSK is an option for me..

Kindly advise.
Manpreet Singh
Same case with me. I have already submitted by docs. Not sure what to do.