+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT: Application Cancelled - No Upfront Medical Report?

kmagnusc

Star Member
Mar 9, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-10-2015
Nomination.....
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
5-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-11-2015
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2016
LANDED..........
02-04-2016
Hi all,

Very upset. My application has been cancelled. Only submitted last week. They say that:

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has reviewed your application for permanent residence. We
have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of a complete application as
described in sections 10 and 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. Your
application is rejected for being incomplete.
Specifically, your application does not include the following elements:
- Upfront medical report
Upfront medical report - Invalid medicals as medicals have been assessed for Temporary residence only
for both candidates.

But we submitted our upfront medicals, to my knowledge, and told the clinic where we were processed MANY MANY times that it was for Permanent Residency. Any help?

Thank you...

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
So sorry to hear :(
Did your clinic provide you with proof of medical test completion? You were supposed to upload those documents with the original submission. If so, what does it say?
Which country did you do the medical exam and what's the name of the clinic?

kmagnusc

Star Member
Mar 9, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-10-2015
Nomination.....
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
5-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-11-2015
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2016
LANDED..........
02-04-2016
Hi Tom

Thanks for the reply.

I conducted the exam with my partner at the same time at Dr. Cheryl Anderson's office in Vancouver, BC, Canada. So far as we know we did everything correct, we told them Permanent Residency and Non-EDE IME with Worker class. They gave us the eMedical forms. The staff didn't seem to think it was an issue? But CIC provided so little detail of why it was wrong or how to correct. I sent a case specific enquiry and am calling the help line tomorrow. Not sure what will come of it :(

Jan 11, 2015
kmagnusc said:
Hi all,

Very upset. My application has been cancelled. Only submitted last week. They say that:

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has reviewed your application for permanent residence. We
have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of a complete application as
described in sections 10 and 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. Your
- Upfront medical report
Upfront medical report - Invalid medicals as medicals have been assessed for Temporary residence only
for both candidates.

But we submitted our upfront medicals, to my knowledge, and told the clinic where we were processed MANY MANY times that it was for Permanent Residency. Any help?

Thank you...
Here are a few things you might want to check:
1) did you have any additional tests done other than 501 502 707 712 and were the results normal.
2)do either of you have any per-existing condition which might make you eligible for temporary residence only (medicals have been assessed for Temporary residence only) but ineligible for permanent residence.
You might want to confirm these with your doctor first and if everything is in order open a case specific inquiry to get more information on what grounds your medical was rejected.
This could definitely be a problem on CIC end.

shqkrkwk

Aug 1, 2015
anonymousataraxia said:
Here are a few things you might want to check:
1) did you have any additional tests done other than 501 502 707 712 and were the results normal.
2)do either of you have any per-existing condition which might make you eligible for temporary residence only (medicals have been assessed for Temporary residence only) but ineligible for permanent residence.
You might want to confirm these with your doctor first and if everything is in order open a case specific inquiry to get more information on what grounds your medical was rejected.
This could definitely be a problem on CIC end.
Hello.. anoumousstaraxia...

What is 501 502 707 712 ??

Mutair

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kmagnusc said:
Hi all,

- Upfront medical report
for both candidates.

Thank you...
Hi,
Your exam should be UMI and not IME. IME is for temporary work permits, I believe.

martinsdaddy

Jul 24, 2015
Maldives
501, 502, 707, 712 are the various categories of medical tests you are required to do. It should be on the information sheet given to you by the clinic where you did your medicals. If it had more or less, then you should be worried, otherwise you will have a strong case.

Jan 11, 2015
Mutair said:
Hi,
Your exam should be UMI and not IME. IME is for temporary work permits, I believe.
IME:Immigration medical examination
UMI:unique identifier for each applicant
These are just identifiers and and have nothing to do with Visa or PR category

check here for various categories for upfront medicals : www . cic . gc . ca/english/ department/partner/pp/pdf/handbook-extract. pdf
page 7

charger01

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2015
Nomination.....
06-08-2015
AOR Received.
24-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-21-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-02-2016
LANDED..........
02-05-2016
kmagnusc said:
Hi all,

- Upfront medical report
for both candidates.

Thank you...
Could you tell what tests were mentioned on ur emedical report?

kmagnusc

Star Member
Mar 9, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-10-2015
Nomination.....
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
5-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-11-2015
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2016
LANDED..........
02-04-2016
Hi folks,

Thank you for replies!

Medical was not rejected based on content, but rather the only thing the letter of rejection says is:

"Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has reviewed your application for permanent residence. We
- Upfront medical report
for both [applicant names]".

The tests on my eMedical are listed:

501 Med Exam
502 Chest Xray
707 HIV test
712 Syphilis Test

So far as I know all of these came back normal, the doctor said she would call if they didn't. I've had full spectrum STI testing (at a checkup along with my partner) the year before and I am married, so I see no reason for the results to be poor.

That being said, it seems as though the content of the test wasn't even reviewed--CIC just determined that it was insufficient? But they didn't tell me anywhere in the letter what to do differently...

kmagnusc

Star Member
Mar 9, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-10-2015
Nomination.....
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
5-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-11-2015
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2016
LANDED..........
02-04-2016
I called them and they said they don't take calls about Express Entry. :( They sent me a useless link to the CIC website (like I hadn't already pored over it for information). I asked the guy if he could just tell me the right forms for eMedical and he said he couldn't!

I submitted a CSE last night but it will take a minimum of 30 business days to process. I feel like I am being punished for someone else's mistake.

Jan 11, 2015
kmagnusc said:
I called them and they said they don't take calls about Express Entry. :( They sent me a useless link to the CIC website (like I hadn't already pored over it for information). I asked the guy if he could just tell me the right forms for eMedical and he said he couldn't!

I submitted a CSE last night but it will take a minimum of 30 business days to process. I feel like I am being punished for someone else's mistake.
I don't think there is a problem with the forms or the category, Physician seems to have submitted correctly( make sure you confirm it with the doctor)
It seems to be an issue with the medical examiner in CIC who assessed you application for temporary residence as apposed to Permanent Residence.
I guess you will have to wait for them to answer your CSE query or maybe contact a lawyer.
In the meantime i would suggest you make a new express entry profile

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
this has happened to a lot of people lately, it sounds like there may be (another) systemic problem -

Eksler

Star Member
Jun 11, 2015
kmagnusc said:
Hi folks,

Thank you for replies!

Medical was not rejected based on content, but rather the only thing the letter of rejection says is:

"Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has reviewed your application for permanent residence. We
- Upfront medical report
for both [applicant names]".

The tests on my eMedical are listed:

501 Med Exam
502 Chest Xray
707 HIV test
712 Syphilis Test

So far as I know all of these came back normal, the doctor said she would call if they didn't. I've had full spectrum STI testing (at a checkup along with my partner) the year before and I am married, so I see no reason for the results to be poor.

That being said, it seems as though the content of the test wasn't even reviewed--CIC just determined that it was insufficient? But they didn't tell me anywhere in the letter what to do differently...
What was your health level grade, if I may ask?