+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Uploading Photo in IRCC Portal

AshRK

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
Hi guys,

I got email from IRCC for PR portal. I have logged in to my portal and looking to upload the photo. My question is do I need to upload both front and back of the photo (mentioning my name/DOB and place where I took the photo) or just the front. The issue is only JPG format is acceptable and JPG format cannot be merged, so how are people uploading it?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Ang14

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
Hey guys, when you uploaded the photos for the portal to get the pr card, did you get a message saying your pic does not meet certain pixels criteria ?

Arron_shaw

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019
Hey guys, when you uploaded the photos for the portal to get the pr card, did you get a message saying your pic does not meet certain pixels criteria ?
I got this:

Warning: Your photo does not meet the following requirements:
  • Brightness: Your photo may be too bright or too dark.
To ensure your photo does not get rejected, please upload a new photo that meets all requirements. Please note that an IRCC agent will review your photo and will decide if it can be used to produce a PR card.

Ang14

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
I got this:

Warning: Your photo does not meet the following requirements:
  • Brightness: Your photo may be too bright or too dark.
To ensure your photo does not get rejected, please upload a new photo that meets all requirements. Please note that an IRCC agent will review your photo and will decide if it can be used to produce a PR card.
Hey I got this too. I had to take a new photo. And that error went away. Where did you get your phots taken from. I think the pixel issue could be just from london drugs.

Robo_lock

Feb 24, 2021
I had the same issue and adjusted my existing photo in Preview app on my Macbook to make it a small amount brighter, uploaded again and got the error message to go away

Leigh7

Jan 30, 2022
Hi guys,

I got email from IRCC for PR portal. I have logged in to my portal and looking to upload the photo. My question is do I need to upload both front and back of the photo (mentioning my name/DOB and place where I took the photo) or just the front. The issue is only JPG format is acceptable and JPG format cannot be merged, so how are people uploading it?

Leigh7

Jan 30, 2022
Hi guys,

Hi AshRk.
How did your pr card application go? Have you sent two identical photo and 1 of the back of the photo that stated your name, dob, photo taken and where? Thanks

Feb 6, 2019
I'm trying to upload my photo but It shows the message 'Your photo is being validated" and stays that way. I waited for hours, tried different browsers, internet provider, but I still could not upload the picture. I tried different pictures too.

Aedu

Mar 15, 2023
I'm trying to upload my photo but It shows the message 'Your photo is being validated" and stays that way. I waited for hours, tried different browsers, internet provider, but I still could not upload the picture. I tried different pictures too.
I'm facing the same trouble..how did u get through it ?

surbhi_m

Mar 6, 2021
A lot of people submitted the photos ignoring the warning that the photo is too dark or too bright because it is going to be checked by IRCC agent. Anyone who did this? if yes, did your photo still got accepted?