+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UPFRONT MEDICAL REPORT!!!!

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
PP323 said:
Hi Guys,

Any one has any suggestion for this?
I am reposting my question and situation.

Hi Toby,
Your link is really nice and helpful, but unfortunately I couldn't find any information about UFM for dependent on the file.

I have situation where I would like to ask for your advice if I should go for UFM or not.
I am currently in Canada but my wife went back recently to home country (because of her job) and she wouldn't be able to come here until we get our passport stamped.
When we applied for PR (Second week of Oct 2013), she didn't have any UCI number as she was new to Canada and they didn't provide any Visitor record that time. But she got one later, which we already informed to CIC through email.
I have following question:

1. Is it advisable to do UFM if both the applicants can't do it in same place (country)?

It doesn't matter where you do upfront medicals. You can do the medical exam all over the world and you don't have to do it at the same time or place.

2. Also, I am not sure if CIC has already updated her UCI number in the record, then I feel chances are more that they would miss-place UFM record for her, though I am not sure when she goes for UFM then she has to provide her UCI or mine UCI and application (AOR) number.

You don't a UCI or application number to complete the UFM. After completing the medicals you will be issued a UMI#, which you will haave
to email to CIC. They then connect said UMI# with your application.

3. Is there any way to find if UCI is really updated in CIC's record? I tried to check e-case status using her UCI and other details but I couldn't find any record.

All you can do is email CIC and ask, then hope that they respons. Or order GCMS notes. I'm not sure if dependants are listed in GCMS notes tho.

See comments above. Hope this helps.

PP323

Star Member
Oct 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-2013
Doc's Request.
11-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
22-Nov-2013
LANDED..........
13-09-2014
Thanks Toby, it helps for sure

victoryincanada

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
AOR Received.
14 feb 2014
IELTS Request
celpip submitted
Med's Request
pre medical
Med's Done....
June 2014
Passport Req..
28-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2014
LANDED..........
Yet to land
For people doing Upfront medicals in Bangalore, I did this today at Fortis, though i had appointment with Elbit their front desk response was very bad in setting up appointment, so i went ahead with Fortis & need to cancel my appointment with Elbit yet.

Fortis was very expensive, but if you have to do medical for your kids then Fortis will workout as they charge Rs1500 for kids and Rs.4200 for adults & eventually it will balance out. Parking fee at Fortis was Rs10/hr. Elbit will charge same amount for all Rs.3500.

With regards to the process, i went to hospital at 1.30PM and came out around 3.30PM, had to take a quick bite on their 5th floor cafeteria while waiting to be called for x-rays. Receptionist was very helpful and they know the immigration process; will tell what they need and not. We gave the blood and urine sample at first and then followed by payment for Medicals , then allowed to do x-rays and physical exam by Dr Giri.

Finally i got Emedical papers with UMI# and i was told to provide the same to CIC as they could not locate my record with UCI. Just finished mailing the same to CIC. though it will take a week for Fortis to process the results. Hope thats ok!

Things required for medicals : 1. 2 passport size photo for each (though better to have 4 copies each)
2. first 2 and last 2 pages of passport
3. Original Passport for verification
Let me know if any questions.

canrushi

Star Member
Jun 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2014
Nomination.....
24-12-2014
IELTS Request
Already sent with appln
Med's Request
30-03-2015 (Still MR for child is pending)
Med's Done....
Me and Spouse - 15th March, Kid - 5th May... 3rd line - 12th May
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-07-2015
can we do upfront medical check up for new born? Me and my wife have already received MR but waiting for child's.

omolola

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
please I needwhere can download upfront medical form for my husband for open work permit can someone help please .
thanks you

rank

Jul 12, 2015
omolola said:
please I needwhere can download upfront medical form for my husband for open work permit can someone help please .
thanks you
No any form to download it. Find physician from cic website.
Go to the physician. Give passport, two passport size photos, your file no and uci no and fees.
Get e medical information sheet from the physician to send the scan copy to cic

3dgrinder

Feb 3, 2015
Hey guys,

I just got medial request today but I completed medical upfront like 4 months ago and also emailed it to CIC. What should be my steps now:

1. I should call the doctor, fill the IMM1017 and doctor will re-upload it to CIC?
2. I should email the eMedical file that doctor provided to CIC?

Please advise. My AOR is July 21, 2014.

Thanks

sweetbd

Apr 1, 2016
Hi,

I got my AOR. I wanna do my medical upfront. anyone have any idea about the upfront medical examination. thanks in advanced.

msingh199

Nov 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sweetbd said:
Hi,

I got my AOR. I wanna do my medical upfront. anyone have any idea about the upfront medical examination. thanks in advanced.
I guess go for it...most of the people did in this thread..

sweetbd

Apr 1, 2016
msingh199 said:
I guess go for it...most of the people did in this thread..

but after upfront medical i need to email CIC or I need to upload my result? If yes than where and what is the cic address?

snorden88

Oct 15, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
AOR Received.
27-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
22-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2016
LANDED..........
--/03/2017
Hey all. I'm sure this question may have been asked already but I couldn't locate it.
What all documents do we need for upfront medical's

Thanks in advance

workharder

Star Member
Sep 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-16
Dear seniors-I have recently got ITA and need to do the medicals tomorrow.however my wife had a open hear surgery 25 years back so should we tell this to the physician or what should we do.will there be rejection if i do not disclose this.

what should i do in such a case

Thanks in advance :( :(

cec_21

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
workharder said:
Dear seniors-I have recently got ITA and need to do the medicals tomorrow.however my wife had a open hear surgery 25 years back so should we tell this to the physician or what should we do.will there be rejection if i do not disclose this.

what should i do in such a case

Thanks in advance :( :(
Hi I am not that senior but I have done my medicals and have read this forum a lot. It is highly advisable to disclose about the surgery to the doctor and also take the certificate/documents because chest medicals are done and if it is shown in the results from that xray then they will ask many questions or will ask you to do further medicals and will delay the process.

So rather then giving them any chance to deny or delay your process its better to disclose everything honestly, so it will be done properly and on time. Good luck!

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
Helllo everybody!

I have applied for permanent residence under the spousal sponsorship sponsorship category and had done the medicals upfront in July 2016. The doctor is a panel physician and does emedicals.

However, I received an email today from CIC asking me to do my medicals. The doctor's office told me that since it was an upfront medical, they hadn't sent the medical report to CIC. Also, they have asked me to come tomorrow and pick up the test report from them, which I can send to CIC.

I'm confused what to do now. Does anybody know what can be done next or simply do fresh medicals again?

Johnnextdoor

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Hi all!!
I am a Jan 2020 AOR, FSW outland applicant. I was issued a remedical exam request lately but couldn't appear for it as I was overseas. I informed IRCC regarding this and requested them for an extensiion through a webform. However, they haven't responded to the webform and the time to submit my medicals has lapsed. Now I'm back home and intimated them about it through another webform, but still no response to either of my webforms.
What would be my best option now?
Would it be advisable to do an upfront medcial exam myself, or should I kepp waiing for their response?
@legalfalcon. @jsm005,