+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Upfront medical,PCC and experience before ITA

R24102017

Aug 8, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I am having total experience of 8 years including 1.10 years of Canadian experience , still waiting for low score, I have certain doubts regarding my application, please share your views.

1) My spouse and I, would like to go for upfront medical and PCC. Can we do that? if yes, then which documents I should carry and applicable fees?

2) I worked 6 months in a company back home on a different NOC and same mentioned in my work permit documents, It is kind of impossible to get the reference letter from that company as I was fired, in addition, my roles and responsibilities was totally different. Can I exclude from my profile which is in pool currently?

3) I am on close work permit which is valid until March 2018 and my spouse is on open work permit but not working anywhere, If I want to file an open work permit then how many months before I can start the process?

4) PNP and HCP is closed at this moment, if I get invite for PNP then do I need to pay 1500 PNP and 1000 EE fees?

I would be highly grateful for any pointers.

Thanks in advance!!

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I am having total experience of 8 years including 1.10 years of Canadian experience , still waiting for low score, I have certain doubts regarding my application, please share your views.

1) My spouse and I, would like to go for upfront medical and PCC. Can we do that? if yes, then which documents I should carry and applicable fees?

Yes, you can. Just make an appointment at a CIC registered clinic, bring passport and I believe they will take your picture on ghe day of the appointment.

2) I worked 6 months in a company back home on a different NOC and same mentioned in my work permit documents, It is kind of impossible to get the reference letter from that company as I was fired, in addition, my roles and responsibilities was totally different. Can I exclude from my profile which is in pool currently?

If you're already in the pool yes, I believe you can make changes....

3) I am on close work permit which is valid until March 2018 and my spouse is on open work permit but not working anywhere, If I want to file an open work permit then how many months before I can start the process?

4) PNP and HCP is closed at this moment, if I get invite for PNP then do I need to pay 1500 PNP and 1000 EE fees?

I would be highly grateful for any pointers.

Thanks in advance!!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi Everyone,
1) My spouse and I, would like to go for upfront medical and PCC. Can we do that? if yes, then which documents I
should carry and applicable fees?

Just my opinion, but I think it is a waste of time and money to do the medical before you get the ITA.

As for PCCs... they will be valid indefinitely (or at least until you return to that country), so it is a good idea to get them ASAP.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

Yes, you can exclude it from your profile.

??? You have to be eligible for an open work permit before you apply for it. If you are asking about the Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP), you will not be eligible until after you get an ITA and submit a complete application. You can apply as soon as you receive the email Acknowledgement of receipt, but if your application is returned as incomplete, your BOWP application will be refused. You must be within 4 months of the expiry of your current permit, as well as be in Canada.

If you get a notification of interest (NOI) from a PNP program for an EE stream, then yes, if you apply to that, you will have to pay their application fee. If you are approved and get the bonus points, and then earn an ITA, you will have to pay the PR application fees too.