+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Upfront medical exams are cancelled

candlelight

Dec 12, 2019
Hi, i got my baby delivered recently and I also got my ITA in march. I cannot get my baby details( birth, passport, medicals) due to COVID. Can i proceed submitting mine alone without adding my baby information by attaching the LOE? Please advise

brokenira

Feb 27, 2020
Same here. I also lived in Vancouver and tried to book three clinics, two are cancelled and one is postponed to May. I am actually deciding to submit my application with LOE for medical exam section, since my other documents (police certificate) will expire in next two months. How about you?
I submitted my application with a LOE indicating medical exam is suspended due to novel coronavirus. As you said, some documents will be expired pretty soon and its still uncertain when the service will be resumed. I am not recommending or suggesting, just telling you I think submitting the application with a LOE is the only way now.

seraphzhou

Apr 8, 2020
I submitted my application with a LOE indicating medical exam is suspended due to novel coronavirus. As you said, some documents will be expired pretty soon and its still uncertain when the service will be resumed. I am not recommending or suggesting, just telling you I think submitting the application with a LOE is the only way now.
Thanks for sharing. I will do the same thing tomorrow. Let's keep updated when IRCC send IME form. Good luck!

AhmedElemam2020

Mar 19, 2020
UPDATE: Just to inform you guys. I Submitted my application with LOE for the upfront medical & Received AOR few seconds after submitting the app. Will keep you updated on the coming days if I receive anything from IRCC regarding the medical exam. Best of Luck 4 u

Reactions: Yazer and bull34

sonu thind

Star Member
Jul 18, 2015
UPDATE: I got one reply ::
Hi There. Thank you so much for contacting our office. Right now we are closed due to the COVID-19 situation. Please contact us back only if you have an IME and we will let you know if we have started to book the appointments.
If you are looking for an upfront medical exam we will not be able to do that right now as per advised from IRCC until further notice.
If you have an IMM 1017 form please send us the form and we will confirm the appointment.
I hope this helps.

And I emailed one other at visadoctor.ca and got following reply::

Your appointment is confirmed for April 23 for both Please confirm asap.

Please note IRCC has notified us that we should now continue booking all medicals including upfront medicals.

As we are observing social distancing when booking appointments, we request that only the applicant come on the time allocated for the medical. Thank you for your understanding.

Do not know which one is correct I have confirmed the appointment let see how it goes. good luck to everyone

bosco2814

Jan 5, 2020
UPDATE: I got one reply ::
Hi There. Thank you so much for contacting our office. Right now we are closed due to the COVID-19 situation. Please contact us back only if you have an IME and we will let you know if we have started to book the appointments.
If you are looking for an upfront medical exam we will not be able to do that right now as per advised from IRCC until further notice.
If you have an IMM 1017 form please send us the form and we will confirm the appointment.
I hope this helps.

And I emailed one other at visadoctor.ca and got following reply::

Your appointment is confirmed for April 23 for both Please confirm asap.

Please note IRCC has notified us that we should now continue booking all medicals including upfront medicals.

As we are observing social distancing when booking appointments, we request that only the applicant come on the time allocated for the medical. Thank you for your understanding.

Do not know which one is correct I have confirmed the appointment let see how it goes. good luck to everyone
I got an appointment for upfront medical exam on 16th April. The restriction seems has been cancelled.

Cookie13

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
Has anyone successfully booked a medical in Toronto area recently? Am I of the correct understanding that the medical restriction has been lifted and we can do them like normal again?

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
Has anyone successfully booked a medical in Toronto area recently? Am I of the correct understanding that the medical restriction has been lifted and we can do them like normal again?
I booked through Visadoctor.ca for April 15th in Toronto. I hope they don't cancel it.

moody16

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
I live in Vancouver Island and they are still closed for upfront medical exams. I can't really go to Vancouver just to do it. I have submitted my PR application with a LOE.

IG2020

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
I booked through Visadoctor.ca for April 15th in Toronto. I hope they don't cancel it.
Fingers crossed.. Let us know if they cancel.. Planning to book thru visa doctor. Its a bit of a drive but willing to if they are open for testing

IG2020

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
Did you all submit your LOE under optional documents or the Supporting documents tab. thanks. Just asking cause I've submitted my LOE in the supporting docs for Medicals cause you are forced to upload a document in it right so had to put LOE cause no medicals currently.
In both two LOE. was confused so uploaded in both and submitted

Reactions: tenzinbhutia