+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Upfront medical exams are cancelled

Mar 28, 2020
Plz, can anyone provide me with a template for a LOE to attach with my PR application to say that as the upfront medical examination is cancelled, the examination will be completed after i receive a IMME letter with IME number?
Thanks in advance.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Plz, can anyone provide me with a template for a LOE to attach with my PR application to say that as the upfront medical examination is cancelled, the examination will be completed after i receive a IMME letter with IME number?
Thanks in advance.
Just say that. It doesn't need to be complicated. IRCC knows what is happening.

Reactions: noor.saleh1991
Mar 28, 2020
Indeed I am just afraid because these updates are not published officially on the CIC website.
Another thing, how much will take to receive the IME report after submitting my eAPR application with fees??

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

brokenira

Feb 27, 2020
I am now required to complete an upfront medical exam before submitting my PR application. Due to the coronavirus, medical exams are suspended in Canada until further notice according to some clinics I called. I am wondering can I submit my application without uploading the medical exam document with a letter of explanation?

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
It seems like we need to add letter to IRCC stating that at present medical tests are stopped and hence we are submitting application without medical being done- in Canada itself the physicians are asking us to contact after two weeks so makes no sense for any one to wait for that time considering this is Delay due to circusmtances.

Rest we can call IRCC and confirm what they think is correct

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Dear thanks but I didn't find where it is mentioned that upfront medical exam is officially stopped
Why do you need an official announcement of that? It's pretty self-explanatory that medicals have been stopped, as they are not essential.

The link explains what to do if you are unable to obtain something, such as a medical, due to COVID-19 closures.

Reactions: noor.saleh1991

aseman1010

Mar 28, 2020
All Upfront Medical Exams have been ceased with immediate effect due to COVID-19 issue. It seems those applying for permanent residence through the Express Entry system who have not yet undergone a medical exam will need to submit a letter of explanation with their application describing why they have not completed the medical exam due to COVID-19 closures.

Mar 28, 2020
Dears
If anyone has written such a LOE plz to share it with me.
Anyhow, do you think that after 2 weeks we will be able to do the upfront medical exam?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Dears
If anyone has written such a LOE plz to share it with me.
Anyhow, do you think that after 2 weeks we will be able to do the upfront medical exam?
It literally needs to be one sentence: "No medical because Panel Physicians all closed due to COVID-19". Don't complicate it.