+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Upfront medical exams are cancelled

yORha_anDrOId

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
UPDATE: I also got email from a panel physician in Ottawa confirming my appointment tomorrow. They told me IRCC has resumed upfront IME starting from this week, so now medical exams are back in normal business.

AhmedElemam2020

Mar 19, 2020
UPDATE: I also got email from a panel physician in Ottawa confirming my appointment tomorrow. They told me IRCC has resumed upfront IME starting from this week, so now medical exams are back in normal business.
IRCC Resumed medical exam ? This means that is has already been stopped in ottawa (Just like in my country) but then resumed again. So maybe it will be resumed again in other countries gradually

Reactions: Singhhardy

yORha_anDrOId

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
IRCC Resumed medical exam ? This means that is has already been stopped in ottawa (Just like in my country) but then resumed again. So maybe it will be resumed again in other countries gradually
This order should apply globally, since when they stopped the medical exam 2 weeks ago it was for all panel physicians in the world. Just give a call to your local panel physician and they should be allowed to resume IME from this week.

AhmedElemam2020

Mar 19, 2020
This order should apply globally, since when they stopped the medical exam 2 weeks ago it was for all panel physicians in the world. Just give a call to your local panel physician and they should be allowed to resume IME from this week.
Yes I will call them tomorrow and see if there are any updates. Thank you dear for your prompt response

ALEALB

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Do you mind sharing which medical office?

Last edited:

Chennyttran

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
My husband (main applicant) and I (spouse) received a provincial nomination for Alberta express entry stream on March 22, 2020. Currently, we are trying to gather all the required documents for the permanent residence application, including the upfront medical exam.

My situation is:

When I applied for my Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) last year, I was asked to submit a full medical exam (physical exam, laboratory test and x-ray) using form IMM1017E by an IRCC officer. I passed the exam on October 2019 and received my PGWP. As my medical exam result is still valid (within 1 year limit), can I use it for my permanent residence application?

Thank you

AhmedElemam2020

Mar 19, 2020
Update: I called the hospital today and they told me that upfront medicals still suspended and I can only have the medical exam done if I have IME number

anidon

Apr 7, 2020
+1.
Will the upfront/later medical examinations be exempted? (i.e. can the work permit be given without the medical examination?)
The cease of medical exam information is not present in the website but our laywer said so

AhmedElemam2020

Mar 19, 2020
+1.
Will the upfront/later medical examinations be exempted?
The cease of medical exam information is not present in the website but our laywer said so
It seems that the only option we have is to submit our app and request the IME number to have the medical done. Otherwise, if we wait for it to be resumed, some documents might become outdated such as bank letters & statements and PCCs and in this case, we will not be able to have new updated ones due to the restrictions imposed nowadays to restrict spread of corona such as the curfew and closure of governmental offices

anidon

Apr 7, 2020
It seems that the only option we have is to submit our app and request the IME number to have the medical done. Otherwise, if we wait for it to be resumed, some documents might become outdated such as bank letters & statements and PCCs and in this case, we will not be able to have new updated ones due to the restrictions imposed nowadays to restrict spread of corona such as the curfew and closure of governmental offices
How do you really request :)

AhmedElemam2020

Mar 19, 2020
How do you really request :)
I will just upload a LOE in the upfront medical cell explaining the situation and request the IMM1017E form to have the medical exam done. The hospital told me to request it btw but I don’t know how will IRCC respond to that

brokenira

Feb 27, 2020
I currently live in Vancouver. A week ago I contacted a clinic regarding booking an appointment for an upfront medical exam and booked on Apr 18.
I got a call from the clinic today and was told that due to IRCC has not announced resuming the service as of today and postponed my appointment to the end of May. At this point, I believe without an IMM form there is no way we can complete a medical exam, at least not in foreseeable future

Reactions: jetzhou

seraphzhou

Apr 8, 2020
I currently live in Vancouver. A week ago I contacted a clinic regarding booking an appointment for an upfront medical exam and booked on Apr 18.
I got a call from the clinic today and was told that due to IRCC has not announced resuming the service as of today and postponed my appointment to the end of May. At this point, I believe without an IMM form there is no way we can complete a medical exam, at least not in foreseeable future
Same here. I also lived in Vancouver and tried to book three clinics, two are cancelled and one is postponed to May. I am actually deciding to submit my application with LOE for medical exam section, since my other documents (police certificate) will expire in next two months. How about you?

Hiphoplady

Feb 12, 2020
I am in NS. I got a phone call from panel clinic to make a new appointment now but the hospital for x-ray and blood test is still not opening. The doctor said that it is still incomplete document. He suggested that I can do later when the hospital re-open.
Is anyone who got an appointment also available x-ray and blood test??

AhmedElemam2020

Mar 19, 2020
Same here. I also lived in Vancouver and tried to book three clinics, two are cancelled and one is postponed to May. I am actually deciding to submit my application with LOE for medical exam section, since my other documents (police certificate) will expire in next two months. How bout you?
Same here. I will also add LOE for the upfront medical. If we wait, PCC will expire and bank statements and letters will be outdated. And we will not be able to get new ones as government offices are now closed coz of Corona virus. I also reviewed IRCC website and they clearly stated that no application will be refused it it is incomplete due to circumstances caused by corona