+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Upfront medical exams are cancelled

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
I am thinking of submitting my documents without medical. I will upload a letter stating that I tried reaching out to the doctors but to no avail. Also, I will attach the response that I got back from the doctor to my medical appointment request.

Arod

May 15, 2017
Are you guys sure that the medicals have been cancelled? Someone I know got his ITA a few days ago and was able to schedule an appointment for this week.

He lives in the GTA.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
The only problem I have with LOE is that they could say why didn't you wait it out, there's a reason IRCC has given 90 days instead of 60 days. It clearly states on their website that

Official quote - "Some steps you may not be able to complete right now include
  • submitting your passport or supporting documents, such as a police certificate
  • completing an immigration medical exam
No application in progress will be closed or refused because of documents missing due to COVID-19. We’ll automatically give you 90 days to complete these steps. Once you’re able to, complete the steps as soon as possible to avoid delays"

You guys still submitting LOE? or waiting before Medicals happen again.
They are saying people can still submit apps and are giving 90 days after submission to get missing documents, so why would you think that they would then say in complete contradiction that people should have waited?

pathan19

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
Are you guys done with the PCC as I also got my ITA in the last draw and I have no idea what to do with my application. I have still not done anything with the medical as well.

Mar 28, 2020
They are saying people can still submit apps and are giving 90 days after submission to get missing documents, so why would you think that they would then say in complete contradiction that people should have waited?
So basically I can either wait or can apply now with LOE?
Do you think that it will take too long to receive the IMM 1017E form from CIC to do the exam? Plz note that i read that upfront medical exams are ceased and doctors will not perform the exam unless you have the IMM 1017E form with IME number? So basically the exams are not totally stopped but timing of submission of the exam results has been changed.
Plz correct me If I am wrong.

Reactions: Ramandhaliwal357

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
So basically I can either wait or can apply now with LOE?
Do you think that it will take too long to receive the IMM 1017E form from CIC to do the exam? Plz note that i read that upfront medical exams are ceased and doctors will not perform the exam unless you have the IMM 1017E form with IME number? So basically the exams are not totally stopped but timing of submission of the exam results has been changed.
Plz correct me If I am wrong.
I think you are absolutely right. The upfront medical exams are suspended until further notice. Here's what I think, IRCC wants to limit the number of people who take upfront medical. You don't need ITA to do the medical, hence, a lot of people were going for it before getting ITA to gather all the required documents to submit to IRCC after they get the invite. But giving us IME number will make sure that people who have been invited will be the only people who can do the upfront medical.

ChocoHagela

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
I think you are absolutely right. The upfront medical exams are suspended until further notice. Here's what I think, IRCC wants to limit the number of people who take upfront medical. You don't need ITA to do the medical, hence, a lot of people were going for it before getting ITA to gather all the required documents to submit to IRCC after they get the invite. But giving us IME number will make sure that people who have been invited will be the only people who can do the upfront medical.
Not true, where i went for medicals in January they asked for my ITA which had my EE number on it, how else do you think the medical staff will link your medicals to your profile

Mar 28, 2020
Not true, where i went for medicals in January they asked for my ITA which had my EE number on it, how else do you think the medical staff will link your medicals to your profile
Currently the ita letter does not have an IME number and CIC has requested to get an IME number to do the exam. And this number will be received only after submitting the profile with all fees
Rules have been changed due to corona virus

askele

Star Member
Feb 10, 2020
@noor.saleh1991 @tenzinbhutia @gaurav1282 @Robin1812 so what did you guys end up doing? Proceed with LOE to ask for IME number and submit the application? Or wait for the 90 days that were given to us?

Also do you have the official link from CIC that states that we need IME number to do the medical exam and all upfront medicals are cancelled?

Mar 28, 2020
I guess that I will submit the application with LOE in order to accelerate the process.
I called the physician and he said that upfront medical exam is stopped and I have to obtain an IME number first

yORha_anDrOId

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
I guess that I will submit the application with LOE in order to accelerate the process.
I called the physician and he said that upfront medical exam is stopped and I have to obtain an IME number first
Can you update your application status here? It really helps for people to know if you will receive IME number or not. Much thanks

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
I submitted my application with letter of xplanation saying no medical submit as panel physicians have been stopped by IRCC to do upfront medicals the tests will be done in due course once situation gets back to normal and panel physicians start giving appointment

Reactions: moody16