+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Updating proof of fund

manzar66

Nov 1, 2006
Is it advisable to keep on updating proof of fund if financial situation of applicant is changing since processing time is taking longer then expected.

Actually the bank position and certificates I submitted with the application 32 months back has been changed, so should I wait for query from canadian embassy Islamabad or just update them about the current situation.

I fear if they went for the verification for the proofs, may not find the same picture as shown in application plus there were some certificates which I cashed during this time.

Also, sending a voluntary update could cause delays this is what a common understanding

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
Hi manzar66

Of course, the funds tend to change within the time; so don't you worry my friend you will be asked from CIC in order to provide your most updated bank statements if they need them. Don’t spend time and money. (you have to send an update when your marital status, address or work changes)

Just keep in mind that you have to be most likely increasing the funds.

Cheers
Eduardo

DancingFeather

Star Member
Jan 31, 2006
[flash=200,200][/flash] I have learned through experience that is is best to always signal a change in anything after you have applied.

You get a bank letter of your updated funds, if it is quite more significant than your first one. Make a copy, have it notarized by a notary public, write your file number on it, with a cover letter stating that you wish this to be added to your file.

Also, always pay all the immigrations fees at once, because it saves lots of time, both for you and immigration as, they don't have to write to you and you sending it back. It does save months of waiting as there is no back and forth writing and sending. If you are not accepted they will send all your money back except the filing fee.

It is written in the forms now, if you wish to send the entire payment you can. Trust me it does save time and money.

Always send in any change in your status..you can never send too many documents to immigration about your status.