Updated forms oct 2018

Sarahannclarke5

Sep 19, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
Ok, sooo... I mailed my application today! Yayyy......except I just found out, they updated forms yesterday. I'm freaking out. Will this affect me? Will they accept the forms (Feb 2018) or will they be sent back and need to be redone? I think I'm going to have a heart attack.

Reactions: marnot

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Ok, sooo... I mailed my application today! Yayyy......except I just found out, they updated forms yesterday. I'm freaking out. Will this affect me? Will they accept the forms (Feb 2018) or will they be sent back and need to be redone? I think I'm going to have a heart attack.
They usually allow a little leeway, unless it's a fundamental update due to legislation changes coming into force.

Reactions: Sarahannclarke5

marnot

Star Member
May 19, 2014
I hope it will work for me too, my final application package will be sent on Monday. But the package with “old” forms was sent to my boyfriend while they were making the changes. Do you think I should include a copy of shipping letter to prove the package from outland was in transit while all this was happening? Yes, I am kinda freaking out… after so much work (and time):(

paint.thinner

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2014
Nomination.....
November 2014
AOR Received.
January 2015
Med's Request
November 2015
Med's Done....
November 2015
Passport Req..
December 2015
VISA ISSUED...
December 2015
I hope it will work for me too, my final application package will be sent on Monday. But the package with “old” forms was sent to my boyfriend while they were making the changes. Do you think I should include a copy of shipping letter to prove the package from outland was in transit while all this was happening? Yes, I am kinda freaking out… after so much work (and time):(
If it's possible, fill up the new forms, email them to your boyfriend and ask him to print them out, sign and send it back to you. Or vice versa - you sign the new forms and send them over to your boyfriend. Since you haven't submitted yet, it's better if you just use the new forms. I know it's tiring and annoying but it's better if you hold onto your patience and put some more time in now instead of taking the risk. Trust me now that you have been through those forms so many times, it won't take you much time to fill up the new forms. The main hassle is printing, signing and sending them back and forth. Let's do this @marnot and let's get this over with! :)

Sarahannclarke5

Sep 19, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
Wishing everyone the best. Our file was received today at the case processing centre with the "old" forms. Praying that because they were signed before the new form date they will be accepted. If and when we get an AOR in the next few months, I'll DEFINITELY update to let you know if the old forms were accepted for us. Good luck all.

marnot

Star Member
May 19, 2014
If it's possible, fill up the new forms, email them to your boyfriend and ask him to print them out, sign and send it back to you. Or vice versa - you sign the new forms and send them over to your boyfriend. Since you haven't submitted yet, it's better if you just use the new forms. I know it's tiring and annoying but it's better if you hold onto your patience and put some more time in now instead of taking the risk. Trust me now that you have been through those forms so many times, it won't take you much time to fill up the new forms. The main hassle is printing, signing and sending them back and forth. Let's do this @marnot and let's get this over with! :)
Thank you so much for your positive message and trust in human patience. This process is exhausting me but I will try again if I have to. I was finally about to relax when the same day I sent the package to my boyfriend in Canada (I am applying outland and we are apart) I made this unfortunate discovery. The thing I hate the most is that I found out accidentally thanks to other people and not through an official announcement in the cic website. The night before closing the package I checked all the dates one by one through the “find application forms and guides” page and they all matched. How could I even imagine that I would have found out differently about the changes? It feels like it’s not my (our) fault but I (we) am paying the price for it…

Reactions: paint.thinner