+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Updated Canadian PR Processing Times (March 31, 2022)

b_t_

Aug 26, 2021
Hi everyone,
I would like to ask if the updated processing times apply only to new applications, or also apply to past applicants?
I received my AOR on March 09, 2022, when processing times for inland PNP applicants were 6 months. Today, processing times ramped up to 22 months, and I would like to understand if this new processing time (of 22 months) is only applicable to applications with AOR received on March 31, 2022 only.

If this also applies to past applicants, can you please let me know how I can accelerate the process, as it doesn't make sense to wait for 22 months on an application that I was supposed to wait 6 months for.

Thank you!

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
Hi everyone,
I would like to ask if the updated processing times apply only to new applications, or also apply to past applicants?
I received my AOR on March 09, 2022, when processing times for inland PNP applicants were 6 months. Today, processing times ramped up to 22 months, and I would like to understand if this new processing time (of 22 months) is only applicable to applications with AOR received on March 31, 2022 only.

If this also applies to past applicants, can you please let me know how I can accelerate the process, as it doesn't make sense to wait for 22 months on an application that I was supposed to wait 6 months for.

Thank you!
I have a feeling that you'll make a fine candidate for our thread FSW WORLDWIDE | Canada Immigration Forum (canadavisa.com) .
Welcome aboard!

Reactions: b_t_

b_t_

Aug 26, 2021
I have a feeling that you'll make a fine candidate for our thread FSW WORLDWIDE | Canada Immigration Forum (canadavisa.com) .
Welcome aboard!
@ImpatientAlligator
I have been seeing on this thread that people are saying that news will appear tomorrow. Can you please provide more details about what will happen tomorrow?

Also, many were saying that in April we will have new quarterly targets, I also don't quite understand that. I would appreciate your explanation of that point as well.

It is very frustrating, especially since I know now that if anything goes wrong in the processing of my application and I need to re-submit, this would mean that I will have to do everything from scratch (TEF, IELTS, OINP application, and FSWP application). I'm not sure how to feel about any of these, but definitely very upset and angry about what IRCC is doing to us.