+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Update on the new IRCC portal

Tayandibu

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Good day all,

I have an existing visiting visa (VV) which will expire on Oct 30 2022 and now applying for a new VV on the new portal. The only document made compulsory for me to upload is my international passport data page. No link was provided to upload proof of funds or an invitation letter from my wife who I mentioned that I will be visiting. she is currently studying in Toronto. Just wondering why this is the case and if anyone else experienced the same thing.

Thank you.

nileshrayani

Star Member
Aug 1, 2021
Good day all,

I have an existing visiting visa (VV) which will expire on Oct 30 2022 and now applying for a new VV on the new portal. The only document made compulsory for me to upload is my international passport data page. No link was provided to upload proof of funds or an invitation letter from my wife who I mentioned that I will be visiting. she is currently studying in Toronto. Just wondering why this is the case and if anyone else experienced the same thing.

Thank you.
If you have a valid US visa or any existing Canada TRV issued to you in the last 10 years, you wont get an option to submit any financial documents, though you can submit your financial statements on additional documents section.

pratham1102

Apr 6, 2022
Hello everyone. My sister and brother-in-law are submitting their visitor visa application and for my sister, proof of funds is not required but for my brother-in-law, it is a mandatory document. They both selected an option that they won't need financial assistance.
I am not sure if this is the case but the description of proof of funds mentions the proof of funds from the person inviting you, and their bank statements, etc. Is this true? I am wondering if my brother-in-law selected an option that is triggering this mandatory document.
Can someone share any insights on this?

Tayandibu

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
If you have a valid US visa or any existing Canada TRV issued to you in the last 10 years, you wont get an option to submit any financial documents, though you can submit your financial statements on additional documents section.
oh thank you so much. What about invitation letter from my wife and also proof of relationship?

Tayandibu

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Hello everyone. My sister and brother-in-law are submitting their visitor visa application and for my sister, proof of funds is not required but for my brother-in-law, it is a mandatory document. They both selected an option that they won't need financial assistance.
I am not sure if this is the case but the description of proof of funds mentions the proof of funds from the person inviting you, and their bank statements, etc. Is this true? I am wondering if my brother-in-law selected an option that is triggering this mandatory document.
Can someone share any insights on this?
I guess the response I got above would be useful to you. I have copied and pasted below:

pratham1102

Apr 6, 2022
I guess the response I got above would be useful to you. I have copied and pasted below:
I see, this helps make sense for the fact that my brother-in-law got asked for the proof of funds. Any idea why the proof of funds is requesting the information of the person that invited them, which would be me?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I see, this helps make sense for the fact that my brother-in-law got asked for the proof of funds. Any idea why the proof of funds is requesting the information of the person that invited them, which would be me?
Proof of funds are required for the person applying for the visitor visa.

I think your brother in law may have incorrectly chosen the option for super visa. For super visa proof of funds is needed for the person who is inviting the applicants. In any case your brother in law does not qualify for super visa so you may want him to check his selections in the applications.

You do not need to provide any proof of funds. You may write a letter of invitation but the efficacy of invite letters in visit visa is not a lot. Applications are judged based on applicant proof of funds and their home ties.

pratham1102

Apr 6, 2022
Proof of funds are required for the person applying for the visitor visa.

I think your brother in law may have incorrectly chosen the option for super visa. For super visa proof of funds is needed for the person who is inviting the applicants. In any case your brother in law does not qualify for super visa so you may want him to check his selections in the applications.

You do not need to provide any proof of funds. You may write a letter of invitation but the efficacy of invite letters in visit visa is not a lot. Applications are judged based on applicant proof of funds and their home ties.
I double-checked, and the option selected is a visitor visa. Maybe the proof of funds defined when you click is incorrect but I am still not sure.