+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Update: New passport

natali

Jan 15, 2010
I just received my AOR and I wish to update CIC with my new passport number. I was wondering whether I need to fill out any forms or just a photocopy of new passport is enough. Also, I need to know that should I update them through an email or mail.

Thanks for your response in advance.

Regards,
Natali.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Better you send a copy of your new passport with a covering letter quoting your file nmber.Indicate that the copy enclosed is your new passport. Thy will do the needful. If you e mail you have to scan and attach or upload through ECAS, case specific enquiry.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
wilson said:
Better you send a copy of your new passport with a covering letter quoting your file nmber.Indicate that the copy enclosed is your new passport. Thy will do the needful. If you e mail you have to scan and attach or upload through ECAS, case specific enquiry.
Does this solution still apply? I couldn't find an option to upload documents in ECAS.

Also, I emailed a scan of my new passport to CPP-O, stated all the information requested in the body of the email and subject line.
Just wondering if CPP-O usually responds to updated passport information? Anyone updated CIC with a new
passport recently? It's been well over 20 days since I sent them the email, but haven't gotten any response apart from the
automated message :)

Thanks

spookyb

Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Feb-2013
AOR Received.
22-Mar-2013
Med's Request
06-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
16-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
24-Mar-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
10-Apr-2014
iam_toby said:
Does this solution still apply? I couldn't find an option to upload documents in ECAS.

Also, I emailed a scan of my new passport to CPP-O, stated all the information requested in the body of the email and subject line.
Just wondering if CPP-O usually responds to updated passport information? Anyone updated CIC with a new
passport recently? It's been well over 20 days since I sent them the email, but haven't gotten any response apart from the

Thanks
Toby,

CIC responds at their own discretion. I can tell you this...in April I sent my NOA and received no response. I emailed them again after a couple of weeks, and they got back to me and said that my file did not indicate an NOA had been received. So I sent it again.....same thing. The third time, they responded and said that it was being added to my file.

The best way to find out whether an item has been added is to order GCMS notes a couple of weeks after you send the item. The notes always show correspondence and documents that have been received.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
spookyb said:
Toby,

CIC responds at their own discretion. I can tell you this...in April I sent my NOA and received no response. I emailed them again after a couple of weeks, and they got back to me and said that my file did not indicate an NOA had been received. So I sent it again.....same thing. The third time, they responded and said that it was being added to my file.

The best way to find out whether an item has been added is to order GCMS notes a couple of weeks after you send the item. The notes always show correspondence and documents that have been received.
Alright, will do. I'll wait until beginning of next year and email CPP-O and check with them.

Thanks a lot for your help!

upwardspiral

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-01-2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
Med's Request
03-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-12-2013
iam_toby said:

Thanks
I sent in a scan of my new passport 2 weeks ago but no personalized reply like you said.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
upwardspiral said:
I sent in a scan of my new passport 2 weeks ago but no personalized reply like you said.
Looks like we share the same timeline here. I submitted my new passport scan & information on Nov 5th.
2 days over the 20 days CIC usually takes to respond. I'll be waiting until mid next week
and then shoot them an email and check whether they've received the information or not.

mrFoce

Star Member
Oct 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2012
AOR Received.
18-01-2013
Med's Request
03-11-2013
Med's Done....
07-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2013
LANDED..........
04-01-2014
This is what I did:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to notify you of an updated document in my permanent resident application that was submitted using the under the Canadian Experience Class program.

I've requested and received a new passport from the Dutch Government that has a greater expiry date than the one I used in my original application. A scan of my new passport has been attached to this e-mail.

My details are:
... here you put it all details like name, application #, uci, email, birthdate, nationality, address

--

Their reply (about a week later)

Good Day,

Thank you for your email.
The enclosed updated passport is attached to your file.

Regards,
Ordered my GCMS notes and they had updated my application accordingly (showed the updated passport expiry date etc)

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
mrFoce said:
This is what I did:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to notify you of an updated document in my permanent resident application that was submitted using the under the Canadian Experience Class program.

I've requested and received a new passport from the Dutch Government that has a greater expiry date than the one I used in my original application. A scan of my new passport has been attached to this e-mail.

My details are:
... here you put it all details like name, application #, uci, email, birthdate, nationality, address

--

Their reply (about a week later)

Ordered my GCMS notes and they had updated my application accordingly (showed the updated passport expiry date etc)
So you've received a response about a week after submitting the new passport.
I'll give it a few more days, if I don't hear back by then, I'll copy and paste your email
and send it to CPP-O, along with another scan of my passport and all necessary information.

Thanks a lot!

mrFoce

Star Member
Oct 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2012
AOR Received.
18-01-2013
Med's Request
03-11-2013
Med's Done....
07-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2013
LANDED..........
04-01-2014
iam_toby said:
So you've received a response about a week after submitting the new passport.
I'll give it a few more days, if I don't hear back by then, I'll copy and paste your email
and send it to CPP-O, along with another scan of my passport and all necessary information.

Thanks a lot!
correct my grammar mix up though lol.

Looks like I did: that was submitted using the under the Canadian Experience Class program.

I should proof read my emails ;D Remove the 'using the' part :-\

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
mrFoce said:
correct my grammar mix up though lol.

Looks like I did: that was submitted using the under the Canadian Experience Class program.

I should proof read my emails ;D Remove the 'using the' part :-\
Already did that :D lol
Thanks for the template. I put together a draft and email it out if I don't hear back from
CIC in the next couple of days.

rgk

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ccp o
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2013
Doc's Request.
15 april 2014, RCMP spouse
AOR Received.
18 November 2013
Med's Request
15 april 2014
LANDED..........
May 22 2014
I would like to ask, how about PCC are they gonna give us notice,after received. Or we have to contact them? I sent additional PCC from home nd Spain.and already with signature.
Thank so much

Feiniao

Star Member
Nov 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-23-2013
AOR Received.
11-02-2014
Med's Request
15-07-2014
Med's Done....
28-07-2014
Hello everyone on this stream, did you guys just attach a copy of passport? do we need also to upated the related form with the passport information, like GENERIC APPLICATION FORM FOR CANADA?

I know wilson on the second floor already answered this question, but just want to double chech with you for sure. Please share your experiences. Thank you.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
rgk said:
I would like to ask, how about PCC are they gonna give us notice,after received. Or we have to contact them? I sent additional PCC from home nd Spain.and already with signature.
Thank so much
Don't think they acknowledge the receipt of the documents. But you can see the attached files on GCMS notes, once you order
the first set, or email CPP-O. In some cases they reply and tell you they've attached the document to your application.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Feiniao said:
Hello everyone on this stream, did you guys just attach a copy of passport? do we need also to upated the related form with the passport information, like GENERIC APPLICATION FORM FOR CANADA?

I know wilson on the second floor already answered this question, but just want to double chech with you for sure. Please share your experiences. Thank you.

No, I only send the new passport details + scan, no new forms.