+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Update citizenship in NEXUS

doiena

Dec 10, 2021
Adding my data point of updating Canadian citizenship at Vancouver YVR airport.

I first went to the Canadian office. Walk-in, no appointment. The reception desk person copied Citizenship Certificate and Passport (weirdly not my Nexus card). No need to see an officer. They told me the US side controls the website. So although Canadian system would have my information updated, I still had to update my information at the US side to get the website to update.

I had a flight to US later. I went through the security and met CBP officier who got my stamp. I told him I needed to update citizenship for Nexus. He pointed me to another officer who seem to be dedicated to Nexus-related issues. The second officer took my passsport and Nexus card and started typing on the computer. After about 3 minute, he said everything was done. He told me he marked my Canadian citizenship as primary and the other citizenship is still in the file. He said I could order a replacement card online and let me go.

After about half hour, I checked the website while waiting to board. The citizenship information had been updated.

I ordered a replacement card the second day by the reason "changing citizenship", and got approved after 1 minute.

Got on to US domestic flight after two days, and there was no TSA Pre on my boarding pass. Got on to US domestic flight after another three days, my boarding pass had TSA Pre.

daveonline

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
Hi Guys,
I updated my citizenship information in YYZ Nexus office in September 2023 and today I see some details updated in ttp portal
There are still some issues I noticed
1. Citizenship still shows India
2. Current passport shows both India, Canada - For those who became Canadian citizen, do you still see Indian passport also ( as it is invalid now )
3. My PR Card details also shows up - CBSA officer knew PR card is destroyed when we become Canadian citizen, Is that an issue?
4. I was told US officer will update it in few days , CBP officer do not sit in Pearson enrollment center.
Is there a phone number I can call CBP and request them to make these updates in their system.
I live in Brampton and travelling to Fort Erie may be little too far for me at this time.

Please advice.

doiena

Dec 10, 2021
Hi Guys,
I updated my citizenship information in YYZ Nexus office in September 2023 and today I see some details updated in ttp portal
2. Current passport shows both India, Canada - For those who became Canadian citizen, do you still see Indian passport also ( as it is invalid now )
3. My PR Card details also shows up - CBSA officer knew PR card is destroyed when we become Canadian citizen, Is that an issue?
4. I was told US officer will update it in few days , CBP officer do not sit in Pearson enrollment center.
Is there a phone number I can call CBP and request them to make these updates in their system.
I live in Brampton and travelling to Fort Erie may be little too far for me at this time.

Please advice.
Canada side cannot do anything to TTP portal. Only the US side can update it.

The US side officer can (1) change citizenship (2) delete Indian citizenship (3) delete PR card and so on.

canada619

Star Member
May 31, 2019
Do you know if we can use Nexus card to go to USA in pre clearance before making the citizenship change with CBP? Would it be okay to use nexus to pass US customs and go to enrolment center after the customs?

canada619

Star Member
May 31, 2019
Hi Guys,

Please advice.
Did they take and keep your Nexus card at the YYZ Nexus office? It looks like we need to ask US side officer to update on their end as well, Canadian office cant update US side.

chikoo1985

May 20, 2017
Hey guys,
I am awaiting 'conditional approval', applied in June 2023. I just became Canadian citizen. Is there a way to updated the application?
I checked my account only to find that I can't edit it anymore.