+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unusual situation...seniors please help!

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
Hello ,

I immigrated with my family in 2011 from Middle East . At that time my husband was working in Middle East .When we came to Canada , my husband had not resigned from his previous job but took one and a half month leave for visit to Canada .However , within one week of landing he got an excellent job offer in his own field .He joined the job , however disclosed to his Canadian employer that he has not resigned from his ME job and will need a short leave to go back to do so. His Canadian employer agreed . So my husband worked for around one month for his Canadian employer , then went back to ME , resigned from his previous job, got his ME work visa cancelled and came back after 25 days or so to continue with his Canadian job .Till that day, he is working with the same employer .

Now my question is that there is almost a period of around 1 month and 25 days or so when he was employed by his ME and Canadian employer both . So , how should mention this time period in the form especially for Work/education history question so that it does not create any complications towards his case . Should he mention both the employers' names for that one and a half month period and for location mention his Canadian location (for period in Canada ) and ME location (for period in ME )?

BTW , we have his all pay slips for the last 3 years alongwith the contract , letters from Canadian and ME employers , T4s , NOAs etc.

Kindly advise !

srinivas.vadapalli

May 20, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ND-INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2010
AOR Received.
None
Med's Done....
10-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
I wouldnt mention anything about the ME employer especially if I am employed by a Canadian firm anyways during this time. Its just a way i keep things simple than complicate the entire picture which otherwise is perfect.

Again, you are the best judge of your situation to decide on the course of action.

All the best

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
srinivas.vadapalli said:
I wouldnt mention anything about the ME employer especially if I am employed by a Canadian firm anyways during this time. Its just a way i keep things simple than complicate the entire picture which otherwise is perfect.

Again, you are the best judge of your situation to decide on the course of action.

All the best
Thank you so much for the response . I had thought of the same initially , however I do not want to hide anything as its a totally genuine situation . Besides, the letter from his ME employer mentions his resigning date as the date when he was already employed by the Canadian company and I need to submit that letter as well to cover his work records for the last 4 years. I was thinking of mentioning both the employers separately in the form , however explaining the details in a cover letter .

What do you guys suggest ?

Thanks once again for your time.

Canad87

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
informatics said:
Nope ! KSA .
Hi Dear ,

I am not a super expert by I am following this forum since long time even before I register on it. Also I am from ME, I been focusing on RQ trigger criteria as well .
First of all your husband MUST mention the two employers (Canadian and Saudi) along with accurate dates and locations-provide the full truth. Naturally he must submit all supporting document for both employers.
Now as a precaution to avoid RQ (I am telling this because CIC people going to be suspicious -hopefully not- about your husbund case ,especially that before almost 3 years CIC found many applicants from middle east who are still has their Iqama valid from both KSA and UAE many of them hide this facts as aresult they been striped their citizenship ,in other word they do not like such scenario as the one of your husband) , your husband should provide 1) a translated copy of his and yours cancelled Iqama 2) an employment letter notarized from KSA's foreign affairs ministry shows the date of his termination 3)If he can get a transcript for his and yours entry/exit from KSA since your landing date in Canada (I know it hard to get from KSA , but much easier from UAE) 4) for both of you provide a full certified translation of all passport pages including all airport stamps.

Finally I am informing you that I am not a consultant or an expert but if I am in your situation I will do the plan mentioned above.
Best wishes.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
Canad87 said:
Hi Dear ,

I am not a super expert by I am following this forum since long time even before I register on it. Also I am from ME, I been focusing on RQ trigger criteria as well .
First of all your husband MUST mention the two employers (Canadian and Saudi) along with accurate dates and locations-provide the full truth. Naturally he must submit all supporting document for both employers.
Now as a precaution to avoid RQ (I am telling this because CIC people going to be suspicious -hopefully not- about your husbund case ,especially that before almost 3 years CIC found many applicants from middle east who are still has their Iqama valid from both KSA and UAE many of them hide this facts as aresult they been striped their citizenship ,in other word they do not like such scenario as the one of your husband) , your husband should provide 1) a translated copy of his and yours cancelled Iqama 2) an employment letter notarized from KSA's foreign affairs ministry shows the date of his termination 3)If he can get a transcript for his and yours entry/exit from KSA since your landing date in Canada (I know it hard to get from KSA , but much easier from UAE) 4) for both of you provide a full certified translation of all passport pages including all airport stamps.

Finally I am informing you that I am not a consultant or an expert but if I am in your situation I will do the plan mentioned above.
Best wishes.
Thank you so much brother for your valuable suggestions ! Highly appreciated !

Yeah , you are right , CIC does extra scrutiny for people with the ME connection .This is really unfortunate that in past people from the ME exploited the system . Anyway , fortunately I have almost all the docs. mentioned by you (except the exit/entry stamps from KSA ).However , I am going to get all arabic stamps on our passports translated alongwith the translation of our IQAMAs cancellation letters . Besides, I am going to apply for his CBSA record history (as none of us left Canada since 2011, except him) . However , I would keep safe all these documents for his test as with the application I am going to send ONLY what is asked by CIC and would take all other documents to the test . As , I do not want to over-do it and make CIC suspicious . I have got enough proof for his previous 3 years employment in Canada so for now I am concentrating on it . So I will send atleast 3 pay slips per year (beginning, middle and end of every year) , specifically for that 1.5 month period , letters from both employers ,T4s , NOAs and a cover letter explaining the situation.

I really hope that everything goes well for us!

Thanks

Canad87

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
informatics said:
Thank you so much brother for your valuable suggestions ! Highly appreciated !

Yeah , you are right , CIC does extra scrutiny for people with the ME connection .This is really unfortunate that in past people from the ME exploited the system . Anyway , fortunately I have almost all the docs. mentioned by you (except the exit/entry stamps from KSA ).However , I am going to get all arabic stamps on our passports translated alongwith the translation of our IQAMAs cancellation letters . Besides, I am going to apply for his CBSA record history (as none of us left Canada since 2011, except him) . However , I would keep safe all these documents for his test as with the application I am going to send ONLY what is asked by CIC and would take all other documents to the test . As , I do not want to over-do it and make CIC suspicious . I have got enough proof for his previous 3 years employment in Canada so for now I am concentrating on it . So I will send atleast 3 pay slips per year (beginning, middle and end of every year) , specifically for that 1.5 month period , letters from both employers ,T4s , NOAs and a cover letter explaining the situation.

I really hope that everything goes well for us!

Thanks
Hi,

you are welcome :)

Try to get additional documents for yourself as well ,like one package of supporting documents for you related to KSA period , and for sure a full package for the husband.

By the-way what your local office /region , mine is Atlantic Canada..

Thanks

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
Canad87 said:
Hi,

you are welcome :)

Try to get additional documents for yourself as well ,like one package of supporting documents for you related to KSA period , and for sure a full package for the husband.

By the-way what your local office /region , mine is Atlantic Canada..

Thanks
My local office is Calgary (unfortunately one of the slowest in Canada). Well I am already done with my application , however will take additional docs. to the test for sure . I do believe CIC pays more attention to one's last 3 years period in Canada . However , one should have all the required docs. for the fourth year as well, in case if needed in future.

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
I personally don't think that this is a difficult situation -- but for myself, instead of emphasizing the cancellation of the UAE work visa (which is important) I would concentrate on providing information that proves your husband has been here in Canada. T4s, contract, and letters of assessment are important, but so is evidence that shows that his job cannot be done remotely and that he is present and employed. Get a letter from his employer that describes the beginning of his employment period, and emphasizes his presence after the initial period; get performance evluations. It's a lot easier to prove a positive than a negative.

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
informatics said:
Hello ,

I immigrated with my family in 2011 from Middle East . At that time my husband was working in Middle East .When we came to Canada , my husband had not resigned from his previous job but took one and a half month leave for visit to Canada .However , within one week of landing he got an excellent job offer in his own field .He joined the job , however disclosed to his Canadian employer that he has not resigned from his ME job and will need a short leave to go back to do so. His Canadian employer agreed . So my husband worked for around one month for his Canadian employer , then went back to ME , resigned from his previous job, got his ME work visa cancelled and came back after 25 days or so to continue with his Canadian job .Till that day, he is working with the same employer .

Now my question is that there is almost a period of around 1 month and 25 days or so when he was employed by his ME and Canadian employer both . So , how should mention this time period in the form especially for Work/education history question so that it does not create any complications towards his case . Should he mention both the employers' names for that one and a half month period and for location mention his Canadian location (for period in Canada ) and ME location (for period in ME )?

BTW , we have his all pay slips for the last 3 years alongwith the contract , letters from Canadian and ME employers , T4s , NOAs etc.

Kindly advise !

I think you are overthinking the situation. If I was him, I would not mention the Saudi job since there is no need to mention it. You can easily be employed and doing other job at the same time. You are not reporting to CRA here. There is no lie in his application!

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
Oct13 said:
I think you are overthinking the situation. If I was him, I would not mention the Saudi job since there is no need to mention it. You can easily be employed and doing other job at the same time. You are not reporting to CRA here. There is no lie in his application!
This is the worst possible advice -- CIC counts lies of omissions as lies, even if Oct13 doesn't. Tell the complete truth, and then collect evidence that supports it.

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
on-hold said:
This is the worst possible advice -- CIC counts lies of omissions as lies, even if Oct13 doesn't. Tell the complete truth, and then collect evidence that supports it.
Ok.

moti

Oct 24, 2012
My advise would be Try to keep things as simple as possible, do not make your application too complicated to comprehend by a citizenship officer. If something is not necessary , do not mention it.