+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unusual situation...seniors please help!

RQ2012

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
Non-disclosure of required information might be interpreted as 'willful concealment'. Therefore, if I was in your place, I would make full disclosure.

BOXSIR

Nov 30, 2013
@informatics:

are you planning as family application?
if his application got RQ (worst case scenario)
you can not separate other attached applications afterwards.
because same situation happened with my cousin brother and now all family members are waiting for his RQ to be resolved.
He got RQ because he worked 5 months in Qatar before cancellation his contract etc.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
Thank you everyone for your suggestions .I really appreciate that !

As I said earlier , I have no intention to hide this fact as its very normal to get a job right away even if you are not ready for it . The only thing that was baffling me was how to mention it at the forms so that it doesn't sound confusing to the CO . What I will do is to concentrate on his previous 3 years employment history in Canada , which in my view is the period CIC would be looking at , largely . However , I will get all his ME work related docs , our exit visas , arabic stamps on PPs translated , to take them at the test alongwith other supporting docs.

@BOXSIR ...thanks for sharing your cousin's experience .

Yes you are right and as a precautionary measure all of us are already applying separately except my younger son who is a minor .

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
List both jobs. If CIC want to ask for clarification they will do so. Having most of the qualifying period covered by employment in Canada likely means this won't be an issue especially as you are including records of movement and translations for cancelled residence permits.

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
informatics said:
Hello ,

I immigrated with my family in 2011 from Middle East . At that time my husband was working in Middle East .When we came to Canada , my husband had not resigned from his previous job but took one and a half month leave for visit to Canada .However , within one week of landing he got an excellent job offer in his own field .He joined the job , however disclosed to his Canadian employer that he has not resigned from his ME job and will need a short leave to go back to do so. His Canadian employer agreed . So my husband worked for around one month for his Canadian employer , then went back to ME , resigned from his previous job, got his ME work visa cancelled and came back after 25 days or so to continue with his Canadian job .Till that day, he is working with the same employer .

Now my question is that there is almost a period of around 1 month and 25 days or so when he was employed by his ME and Canadian employer both . So , how should mention this time period in the form especially for Work/education history question so that it does not create any complications towards his case . Should he mention both the employers' names for that one and a half month period and for location mention his Canadian location (for period in Canada ) and ME location (for period in ME )?

BTW , we have his all pay slips for the last 3 years alongwith the contract , letters from Canadian and ME employers , T4s , NOAs etc.

Kindly advise !
I agree with this :
I think you are overthinking the situation. If I was him, I would not mention the Saudi job since there is no need to mention it. You can easily be employed and doing other job at the same time. You are not reporting to CRA here. There is no lie in his application!
and this :
I personally don't think that this is a difficult situation -- but for myself, instead of emphasizing the cancellation of the UAE work visa (which is important) I would concentrate on providing information that proves your husband has been here in Canada. T4s, contract, and letters of assessment are important, but so is evidence that shows that his job cannot be done remotely and that he is present and employed. Get a letter from his employer that describes the beginning of his employment period, and emphasizes his presence after the initial period; get performance evluations. It's a lot easier to prove a positive than a negative.

Let me ask a question first. How in the world would CIC find out that your husband went back for 1 month 25 days to WORK ? They can't if you don't tell them. SO my advise, as few others mentioned, do not say anything about his work during that gap, instead he can easily and logically states that he went back to cancel his Iqama, say good bye to friends and co-workers and resign from the Job. This, I think make lot of sense. Also, 1 month and 25 days is not a big deal. I personally went back for 5 months and a half after I landed then same year I left Canada for 2 months. He doesn't even need to mention it in Addresses section as , supposedly he wasn t working there. I'll give more details later on on how to mention that period in the form. Sorry I'm just busy now but felt I had to answer.