+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unusual required document in my online application

t84345234

Mar 1, 2015
I finished a 4 year full time degree in Canada. Now I'm applying for post graduation work permit. The online application is asking me for this document:

"Document: Itinerary, Travel (required):
You must provide a copy of your flight ticket or booking, if available, and/or the itinerary of your visit (proposed route of your journey.)"

This is in the mycic page right on top of the list of documents to upload like passport, photo...
I'm applying from inside Canada, never left here for the past 2 years, and not planing to leave till I get my PGWP. Can someone please tell me why do I need a flight ticket for?
(also my study permit is valid till almost end of summer)

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
t84345234 said:
I finished a 4 year full time degree in Canada. Now I'm applying for post graduation work permit. The online application is asking me for this document:

You must provide a copy of your flight ticket or booking, if available, and/or the itinerary of your visit (proposed route of your journey.)"

This is in the mycic page right on top of the list of documents to upload like passport, photo...
I'm applying from inside Canada, never left here for the past 2 years, and not planing to leave till I get my PGWP. Can someone please tell me why do I need a flight ticket for?
go through ur checklist again did u select current country of residence as canada?

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
t84345234 said:
yes I selected Canada as country of residence / current country.
after going through the checklist it gives u list of applications u want to proceed with did u select TRV or PGWP?

eliem

Mar 1, 2015
Interestingly I have same problem when I tried to fill the application today but I did not see when I tried last week.
I deleted the previous application and wanted to make new one that the new document has been added.
What should I provide for the flight ticket or itinerary visit while I am planing to stay in Canada?

t84345234 said:

bahare

Mar 16, 2015
I had the same issue and just called CIC. The agent told me you have to write an explanation letter describing you currently reside in Canada and the tarvel schedule or itinerary doesn't apply to you.

mbthakar

Mar 19, 2015
MIssissauga
t84345234 said:

Just yesterday I checked with the call centre agent. According to them, it's a glitch on the website, and they hope to clear it within few weeks. In the meantime, you can upload a word document, stating that travel document is not necessary as you're already living inside Canada. That will do it.
Thanks!