+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unofficial Transcripts of Canada education are acceptable for PR application?

Abollimu

Oct 1, 2019
Hi,

I got the invitation to apply for PR. One of the document checklists is 'Education transcripts'. But I don't have an official transcript of a Canadian degree. Because of Covid-19 colleges are closed. But I have an electronic unofficial transcript. So, I am wondering if anyone had submitted an unofficial transcript in the past and faced a problem? or Is it okay if I upload an unofficial transcript?

Thanks,

brokenira

Feb 27, 2020
most colleges and universities have online platform where you can order an official transcript. Have you checked?

Abollimu

Oct 1, 2019
Yes, I contacted college and submitted application for an official transcript by email but college said that they are not processing applications for an official transcripts during this time because of COVID-19.

brokenira

Feb 27, 2020
Are you in rush submitting your PR application? If not, you should wait. Otherwise, upload your unofficial one with a LOE stating that why are you submitting an unofficial transcript and you will submit the official one as soon as you receive it. You have to explain it because you are given 90 days to provide all the necessary documents, they will question you why do you not wait until the deadline comes due.

Abollimu

Oct 1, 2019
There is no rush, I have time until July 16. I will wait until my deadline. By that time if I dont have it then I will upload unofficial one with LOE

Github

Oct 24, 2019
I am in the same situation. But i don't have much time. Did you upload an unofficial one? and what was the outcome of it?

Abollimu

Oct 1, 2019
I uploaded an unofficial transcript since my college was not reopened. I haven't heard anything from CIC yet.

Harry22chahal

Aug 20, 2020
I have one more question. To submit offical transcript , university send us sealed envelope and when we open it , it shows a stamp of invalid if open by studen. So how we can upload it without opening to express entry. So whats should i upload

Abollimu

Oct 1, 2019
HI,
yes, you can unseal it and upload official transcript. As far as I am aware they don't care about sealed/unsealed. They just want official transcript with college seal. How can you even upload by keeping it sealed!!! Anyway
If they want sealed one, the only way they can see your official transcript is if you send it by post. And that's not requirement of submitting/uploading documents.

Veejaysingh

Star Member
May 19, 2020
Hey guys any update in your case? was it accepted? kindly help I am stuck as I don't have an official transcript. thanks

Abollimu

Oct 1, 2019
I am in the same situation. But i don't have much time. Did you upload an unofficial one? and what was the outcome of it?
Hello,
I have submitted unofficial one, but I also gave LOE mentioning the reason behind submitting unofficial transcripts. There was no issue in my application. They have accepted and received my PR. Thanks..

Abollimu

Oct 1, 2019
Hey guys any update in your case? was it accepted? kindly help I am stuck as I don't have an official transcript. thanks
Hello,
I have submitted unofficial one, but I also gave LOE mentioning the reason behind submitting unofficial transcripts. There was no issue in my application. They have accepted and received my PR. Thanks..

anvakharia

Aug 17, 2021
Hello,
Hi . was there no issues at all ?did you get your PR ?