+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unofficial break courses not offered

May 17, 2019
Hello there guys..
I have a question I had my coop work term in summer for some reasons I wasnt able to secure coop ... But i switch the course to non coop but the problem is college doesnt offer courses in summer so I cant take courses until fall...I am confused is it official or unofficial break.?

RomanSky

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Hi Guys,

Can you please update. Any answers...
Can a student work on this Term break full time change program to non-coop?

Will Fishier

Oct 3, 2019
In this case, the summer break is still an academic break. You can work full-time under your valid study permit. However, I would recommend you to get a letter from your school stating the situation just for a record.

Reactions: RomanSky

RomanSky

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
In this case, the summer break is still an academic break. You can work full-time under your valid study permit. However, I would recommend you to get a letter from your school stating the situation just for a record.
Thanks Will. I got only a form with approval signed from concern college dept including the registrar.

Hello12_3

Aug 22, 2019
Hello there,
So my course was a two year diploma course with no co-op which started on September 2019 and was supposed to complete by April 2021, and due to some brainwashing I chose it’s corresponding 3 year course with co-op and had a deferral during the first co-op work term from may to august of 2020 and again had the co-op work term 1 during January to April 2021. But I might be removed from the co-op since I already had a deferral due to covid effecting the job opportunities and it sadly remains the same and I was planning to maybe return to my 2 year course ( like I have completed my 3rd semester on fall 2020) and since there isn’t any time left to enroll for a part-time semester, and continue the full time class in may 2021 and graduate with my last 4th semester by August 2021. Would the break in between hence from February 2021 to may 2021 be considered unofficial? Would that effect my PGWP?

Hello12_3

Aug 22, 2019
Hello there,
So my course was a two year diploma course with no co-op which started on September 2019 and was supposed to complete by April 2021, and due to some brainwashing I chose it’s corresponding 3 year course with co-op and had a deferral during the first co-op work term from may to august of 2020 and again had the co-op work term 1 during January to April 2021. But I might be removed from the co-op since I already had a deferral due to covid effecting the job opportunities and it sadly remains the same and I was planning to maybe return to my 2 year course ( like I have completed my 3rd semester on fall 2020) and since there isn’t any time left to enroll for a part-time semester, and continue the full time class in may 2021 and graduate with my last 4th semester by August 2021. Would the break in between hence from February 2021 to may 2021 be considered unofficial? Would that effect my PGWP?
Like the break occurred since college would remove most of us from co-op who can’t get a placement by mid February and the part time classes enrollment date has been last month.