+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unmet RO - Can I submit the renunciation application along with the app for new PR to save time?

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I didn't meet my RO and I can apply again. I don't want to wait to renounce first, I believe it may be possible to submit the renunciation application at the same time I'm submitting my PR application?

I read on their guidance:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5781ETOC.asp?countrySelect=GB#5781E4

Where to submit the form
Immigration and citizenship applicants
If you have not yet submitted your immigration or citizenship application:

Send this form along with your application to the office listed in the guide of your application.

that seems to imply that I can submit the two applications together, renounce the old PR and apply for new PR.

Can someone please confirm?

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I realise now I made a mistake.. that part I quoted is listed under "Use of a Representative (IMM 5476)"

My question still remains tho, what is the quickest way to renounce and apply immediately? or do I have to wait for renunciation first? I'm just afraid it will take a very long time and I have to be quick.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

I realise now I made a mistake.. that part I quoted is listed under "Use of a Representative (IMM 5476)"

My question still remains tho, what is the quickest way to renounce and apply immediately? or do I have to wait for renunciation first? I'm just afraid it will take a very long time and I have to be quick.
1. You have to wait until your renunciation of PR has been accepted, before you can re-apply.

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

1. You have to wait until your renunciation of PR has been accepted, before you can re-apply.
Do you have any official references to back this up? I just want to be sure.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Do you have any official references to back this up? I just want to be sure.
Not sure there is anything in writing if you send in together other than speculate both the IRCC department that processes renounce applications is different from the new PR application section and the address each application is sent to is possibly different to keep them separate

The renounce address options are in step 4 of the guide. There is no published processing time to renounce although expect maybe in weeks not months

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5781ETOC.asp?countrySelect=IN#document

Upto you ultimately if you decide to send together or send renounce followed immediately by the PR application or spaced out

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Not sure there is anything in writing if you send in together other than speculate both the IRCC department that processes renounce applications is different from the new PR application section and the address each application is sent to is possibly different to keep them separate

The renounce address options are in step 4 of the guide. There is no published processing time to renounce although expect maybe in weeks not months

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5781ETOC.asp?countrySelect=IN#document

Upto you ultimately if you decide to send together or send renounce followed immediately by the PR application or spaced out
1. There is nothing in writing, but it is logical, that until your renunciation is accepted, you are still a PR. So it is unlikely that CIC would accept a PR application from a person who is still a PR.

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

1. There is nothing in writing, but it is logical, that until your renunciation is accepted, you are still a PR. So it is unlikely that CIC would accept a PR application from a person who is still a PR.
That makes sense but I was thinking they'll give me the option to renounce existing on submission of the new one.

That might be the case because they so that when you apply for eTA. They will ask you to renounce PR and ask you to include it in the same application.

What do you think?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
That makes sense but I was thinking they'll give me the option to renounce existing on submission of the new one.

That might be the case because they so that when you apply for eTA. They will ask you to renounce PR and ask you to include it in the same application.

What do you think?
For PR you have to qualify on the day you apply. If you receive ITA when you are still a PR, you don't meet the requirements for ITA. But of course your choice what you do.

bbb1253

Dec 26, 2016
Saudi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
18-05-2017
Med's Done....
29-06-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2017
Hi,

I didn't meet my RO and I can apply again. I don't want to wait to renounce first, I believe it may be possible to submit the renunciation application at the same time I'm submitting my PR application?

I read on their guidance:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5781ETOC.asp?countrySelect=GB#5781E4

Where to submit the form
Immigration and citizenship applicants
If you have not yet submitted your immigration or citizenship application:

Send this form along with your application to the office listed in the guide of your application.

that seems to imply that I can submit the two applications together, renounce the old PR and apply for new PR.

Can someone please confirm?
I am in the same case as you, want to renounce due to RO and reapply at the same time, how did it go for you? Timelines?