Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

I'm at loss, I don't know what this means, here is what happened:

Last week I uploaded my a Schedule A form that they requested. Today, I received a new message on my account saying that I need to go for an interview and to reply to them via email by the 17th of November confirming that I can attend the interview next month.

I've sent a confirmation to the email address they gave me. I received the following automatic response:

"""The London visa office has received your email. Do not resend the same message. This email address is used only for interview scheduling. For any other purpose, go to www.UnitedKingdom.gc.ca to contact us using our webform. By supplying your email address, you have authorized us to communicate by email including the transmission of personal information on your file."""

----

Now, my problem is that, my account online says "action required". When I go to the page where I can upload documents, I see the following under "Optional Documents" i.e. letters of explanation:

Notice that it says "17th of November". That's the time I have to submit that document by... I don't even know what document they want??

Maybe I should wait for the visa office to send me a proper reply instead of that automated reply for the interview confirmation? Maybe they will tell me what to upload there?

Any help is appreciated

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Did you answer any affirmative response in the Schedule A form that may have required further explanation or supporting documents?

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One of the questions, yes. I gave a sufficient answer for it. It was an earlier visa rejection in another country which I was granted later anyway when I reapplied. Nothing serious and already explained in schedule A.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I'm sure it's really nothing serious since you got the visa eventually, but they may be looking for the official letter from the visa office, more than just a first hand explanation from you.

But, yeah, best to find out from them what exactly they're looking for this time.

Faithful K

Sep 22, 2015
amamh said:
Hi guys,

I'm at loss, I don't know what this means, here is what happened:

Last week I uploaded my a Schedule A form that they requested. Today, I received a new message on my account saying that I need to go for an interview and to reply to them via email by the 17th of November confirming that I can attend the interview next month.

I've sent a confirmation to the email address they gave me. I received the following automatic response:

Maybe I should wait for the visa office to send me a proper reply instead of that automated reply for the interview confirmation? Maybe they will tell me what to upload there?

Any help is appreciated
Hello amamh

I can imagine how unsettled you feel. This was exactly what happened to me. I have questions...did you receive a second AOR? What date is your interview?

Anyways, regarding your question, I can only tell you what I did. I took a screenshot of that automatic confirmation you received after sending your response and uploaded it in that letter of explanation part. So I wrote a letter of explanation saying I confirmed my interview and this is the automatic confirmation I got. combined in a pdf and upload. You would also need to bring this confirmation on the day of the interview.

My interview is from the London visa office and until you, I have been alone in this boat; although 2 people got invited in Manila VO that I heard about on this forum. Like them, I have been asked to bring all my original documents to the interview.

My interview letter came Sept 28th and my interview is today 4th November. My application still says your action is required. The interview is that action. And nothing has moved since then as is expected.

As for the schedule A, I filled a new one and I am also taking the one I submitted after the schedule A request. But the word updated is pretty clear. 'up to date' so a new one most certainly.

My application time is similar to yours.

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey man, thanks a lot for that, I'm also in London and also required to bring all original documents.

So, even after you uploaded that document, it still says "action required"?

Also, can you please tell me what happened after your interview today and if they have given you any clarification?

Let's keep in touch, man :)

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To answer your questions:

- What is "AOR"?
- My interview is on the 15th of December

dupsy21

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
Hi Amamh,

I am just reading through your posts now. "AOR" I think means Acknowledgement of receipt".

Was your file transferred to UK? If it was, you would have got a 2nd AOR apart from the one you got on the day you submitted your application.

amamh said:
To answer your questions:

- What is "AOR"?
- My interview is on the 15th of December

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm not sure about that second AOR, but like I said, I got a request for an interview in London, so clearly they received my application.

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dupsy21 said:
Hi Amamh,

I am just reading through your posts now. "AOR" I think means Acknowledgement of receipt".

Was your file transferred to UK? If it was, you would have got a 2nd AOR apart from the one you got on the day you submitted your application.
How does that "AOR"/Acknowledgement of Receipt look like? is it a message on my account? or a direct email? or what is it exactly?

dupsy21

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
It is a message in your CIC account. It is usually sent immediately after submission.
amamh said:
How does that "AOR"/Acknowledgement of Receipt look like? is it a message on my account? or a direct email? or what is it exactly?

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got that, but there is no second one. Why the second one?

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received two messages once I submitted my application:

- Confirmation of Online Application Transmission
- Acknowledgement of receipt

Later I received:

- Request letter (schedule A)

and now I received:

- Event Scheduled (interview request PDF)

That's all the messages I've received so far.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The 2nd AOR isn't sent out to most applicants. No one knows why. Most members who have received their PPR (myself included) never got the 2nd AOR. Doesn't really matter unless one needs to apply for a bridging permit (BOWP) but even there some members have reported receiving a positive decision without having the 2nd AOR.

Additionally, it is actually a misnomer to term it 2nd AOR. It is actually the only AOR one receives under EE. The document sent immediately after application submission is actually called e-APR.

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
The 2nd AOR isn't sent out to most applicants. No one knows why. Most members who have received their PPR (myself included) never got the 2nd AOR. Doesn't really matter unless one needs to apply for a bridging permit (BOWP) but even there some members have reported receiving a positive decision without having the 2nd AOR.

Additionally, it is actually a misnomer to term it 2nd AOR. It is actually the only AOR one receives under EE. The document sent immediately after application submission is actually called e-APR.
Thanks, that makes sense. I knew it must be just people confusing things. I don't see why there would be a "second" one..