+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University of New Brunswick

babachill

Nov 4, 2018
I have applied for UNB Fredericton campus on 30 Arp 2020- will keep u posted with update received from Uni

Course - MBA - 20 Months
Intake - Sept 2020
Grad - B Com Honours 3 years - 67%
PG - Part time PGM - 3 years - 68%
Work Exp 10 Years in Banking & Financial services at Middle level
IELTS - have to appear
Gmat - Asked for waiver.
Last schooling was in 2012.

Wanted to apply for Laurentian but uni has gone under debt.

I am seeking another university or a mba program to apply without Gmat? any suggestions where fees should be less than 35k & a public uni in Canada.

babachill

Nov 4, 2018
I have applied for UNB Fredericton campus on 30 Arp 2020- will keep u posted with update received from Uni

Course - MBA - 20 Months
Intake - Sept 2020
IELTS - have to appear
Gmat - Asked for waiver.

I am seeking another university or a mba program to apply without Gmat? any suggestions where fees should be less than 35k & a public uni in Canada.

Hi All,

Today, received offer from UNB for MBA with condition to submit IELTS with overall 7 bands,. GMAT waived

Thanks

Rita2929

Feb 1, 2020
Hey ..can you pls confirm the process of applying in UNB .. what all documents you sent and is there link or email I’d to follow ..

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Course - MBA - 20 Months
Intake - Sept 2020
IELTS - have to appear
Gmat - Asked for waiver.

Would consider UNB better than Laurentian,

Reactions: babachill

babachill

Nov 4, 2018
Hey ..can you pls confirm the process of applying in UNB .. what all documents you sent and is there link or email I’d to follow ..
Hey! I would suggest to apply for universities first and then appear for IELTS. All the uni have an option of releasing conditional offer.

I applied on 5th may for sept intake and got acceptance on 25th and now you can apply for Jan intake as most of them have stopped accepting application.

Document as follows. https://applygrad.unb.ca/index.cgi

Bachelor
Pg/mba
Any other certificate
3 ref details of previous employer
Strong SOP.
Strong GMAT application for waiver- u will find an option there. You can find samples online for both sop and GMAT waiver.
Resume.
Passport detail.
Apply as per passport.

Don't listen to consultants, all consultants told me there is not way I can get a GMAT waiver. They jus wanna up sell. Show all merits for MBA, experience matters more than your studies. Make sure you apply to course relevant to ur studies and exp.

I got GMAT waiver cuz I submitted my pg diploma where as consultant told me I'll be over qualified.

Present yourself as you will be asset to this uni as they are more interested in senior profiles.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Rita2929

Feb 1, 2020
Ok .. Thanks .. How’s PR opportunity in New Brunswick .. also I was under the impression we have to fill ielts score while filling application form and can’t leave that page blank ??

babachill

Nov 4, 2018
Ok .. Thanks .. How’s PR opportunity in New Brunswick .. also I was under the impression we have to fill ielts score while filling application form and can’t leave that page blank ??
there isn't any page buh a question to select whether u have appeared for IELTS - select no and mark a tentative date.

Even if u miss something you will get an email from uni to update same. Document should be less than 1 MB in size and if you miss something u can email the staff & they are efficient and helpful.

The scope is good for next 3 years as people are in there retirement age and there is a labor shortage, however, this question can best be answered after studies as immigration law keeps on changing and you can end up in a completely different scenario post ur studies.

Note. New Brunswick is dead snowy. Taxes are high, jobs are less, isolated or peaceful for some, poorest province, cheapest houses buy or rent, decent MBA course (good review for there SIF and Entrepreneur/Venture analyst) and forestry courses, cars are cheap, insurances are cheap, great people and beautiful scenery.

Last edited:

Rita2929

Feb 1, 2020
Thank you so much dear .. did you explore any other option also before finalising this university and course .. also have you done any research on Spouse open work permit

babachill

Nov 4, 2018
Thank you so much dear .. did you explore any other option also before finalising this university and course .. also have you done any research on Spouse open work permit
Yes, the its a never ending list,. asked consultants they just revolve around these universities TRU, VIU, UCW, RRU, NYIT, Laurentian, Lakehead, Windsor, Uni of Regina, Uni of Manitoba, Crandall, UNB, Cape Breton.

Fee structures for all the above is between 15-25 lacs for the total course duration, most of them are between 1.5-2 years courses which makes you eligible for 3 years PSW in Canada.

As I didn't want to appear for GMAT so options were minuscule. Out of above you can opt for Windsor, Lakehead, UNB, Trent Uni, University of Regina

I applied for UNB & Uni of Regina (Masters in Admin-Leadership) as per my work exp.

You have to research each uni & program on your own ask them questions on fees, duration, & bla bla as no consultant can help you with correct information and they are least bothered.

Spouse Open Work Permit - Its another Siyappa (trouble). Start building your profile from today for at least 6 months - financials, marriage details, chat history, photos, SOP and many more. We will cross that bridge when we come to it.

Rita2929

Feb 1, 2020
I am in banking .. almost 12 years .. almost like your profile.. bachelors in IT , work experience in management .. gap of 12 years .. so i think you would connect why I am seeking your advice .. How did you apply to university of Regina .. as I think they need IELTS before applying..

Reactions: Amy Paul

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
I am in banking .. almost 12 years .. almost like your profile.. bachelors in IT , work experience in management .. gap of 12 years .. so i think you would connect why I am seeking your advice .. How did you apply to university of Regina .. as I think they need IELTS before applying..
Fall term applications have already crossed the deadline in most universities. However if you are still interested in Fall term, then try for Dalhousie University Master of Digital Innovation program, this is a new program that they are launching this year and of 16 months can give you 3 years of PGWP. Their applications are still open. Before applying you can drop them an email and check if the ielts score can be produced later or it can be exempted. One of my friend with your kind of experience received an admit here.
Besides this, You can try applying for Jan 2021 term and you will have time to apply for your IELTS. One of the program for Jan term is Carleton University - Master of Engineering in Technology Innovation Management (I received an admit from here)
I would not recommend to apply for University of Manitoba as their acceptance rate is very low for international students. With regards to university of Regina, I applied for a Software Engineering program in the month of Dec'19 and still they haven't declared their results for anyone. By the time they declare their results, it's already too late to apply for Visa as an International student. The 1st two programs that I have recommended have good acceptance rate for International students above 10 years exp.
If you are okay with smaller universities then try for Saint Mary's University, it is very easy to get an admission here and I think they are still open for Fall 20 intake. I received an admit from here but incase you are from India, you will not get any student loan for this university.
Hope the above information helps!

Rita2929

Feb 1, 2020
Thank you so much dear !! I am though looking at management courses as my all experience is in management ..

SemanticLayer

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Fall term applications have already crossed the deadline in most universities. However if you are still interested in Fall term, then try for Dalhousie University Master of Digital Innovation program, this is a new program that they are launching this year and of 16 months can give you 3 years of PGWP. Their applications are still open. Before applying you can drop them an email and check if the ielts score can be produced later or it can be exempted. One of my friend with your kind of experience received an admit here.
Besides this, You can try applying for Jan 2021 term and you will have time to apply for your IELTS. One of the program for Jan term is Carleton University - Master of Engineering in Technology Innovation Management (I received an admit from here)
I would not recommend to apply for University of Manitoba as their acceptance rate is very low for international students. With regards to university of Regina, I applied for a Software Engineering program in the month of Dec'19 and still they haven't declared their results for anyone. By the time they declare their results, it's already too late to apply for Visa as an International student. The 1st two programs that I have recommended have good acceptance rate for International students above 10 years exp.
If you are okay with smaller universities then try for Saint Mary's University, it is very easy to get an admission here and I think they are still open for Fall 20 intake. I received an admit from here but incase you are from India, you will not get any student loan for this university.
Hope the above information helps!
Any specific reason for no student loan for St. Mary?