+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University of New Brunswick

christy94

Oct 28, 2017
Hello everyone,

I am planning to apply for the 2020 Fall MBA at the University of New Brunswick(St John Campus). Is there anyone out there with similar plans? I am an Indian residing in the United Arab Emirates. If everything goes well with the admission, I am planning to do the visa process myself. Is it wise to do these procedures on our own? is there anyone in UAE or India who is going to do the visa process themselves without going to an agent or consultancy? If there is anyone out there who has done it themselves, could you please give some advice and explain the process? I also need help with some good SOP. Thanks for reading.

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Hello everyone,

I am planning to apply for the 2020 Fall MBA at the University of New Brunswick(St John Campus). Is there anyone out there with similar plans? I am an Indian residing in the United Arab Emirates. If everything goes well with the admission, I am planning to do the visa process myself. Is it wise to do these procedures on our own? is there anyone in UAE or India who is going to do the visa process themselves without going to an agent or consultancy? If there is anyone out there who has done it themselves, could you please give some advice and explain the process? I also need help with some good SOP. Thanks for reading.
I am an student at university of new brusnwick and my visa application is currently in process what are you thinking?? Do you want to apply through sds or non sds??

christy94

Oct 28, 2017
By student you mean you have just taken admission at the university but haven't received the visa yet right? which program? what's the difference between SDS and Non-SDS?

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Yes i haven't got my visa but i have been accepted for bachelors in mechanical engineering for jan intake
The difference is that SDS is way faster although you there are a few requirements like IELTS 6.0 or more bans in all skills, 1st year tuition fees paid and GIC of atleast 10200 CAD where are you currently? I mean you are india or you will apply from. India??

christy94

Oct 28, 2017
I actually reside in the UAE since childhood. so planning to apply it from Dubai. My university is waiving my GMAT and IELTS requirement since I have the documents for that, so would I be still able to apply under SDS category?

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
No unfortunately because even though you are an indian since you are applying from country that is not eligible for SDS you will have to apply through the normal Non SDS program which i think takes about 8 weeks (not sure check cic website) now hiring a consultant is a very good idea but not necessary if you have a strong profile and write a good enough SOP you can apply by yourself i have an SOP from. An indian dude whose application was rejected 3 times and it was accepted 4th time solely because of the effort he put in his SOP its probably one of the best written SOP you can find on these forums i can email you if you want

Reactions: Aesopzai

christy94

Oct 28, 2017
Wow. that would be grateful, could you please mail me? christy.383@gmail.com

Also, online and paper-based, is there any advantage to any of it? We have VFS here in Dubai and I was thinking to apply directly, paper-based.
Is it important to have the guidance of an agent? if we have all the set of documents we need, we can just go and submit it right?

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Wow. that would be grateful, could you please mail me? christy.383@gmail.com

Also, online and paper-based, is there any advantage to any of it? We have VFS here in Dubai and I was thinking to apply directly, paper-based.
Is it important to have the guidance of an agent? if we have all the set of documents we need, we can just go and submit it right?
I would suggest go for online cause there are way less chances of mistakes like in the filling of forms or attaching supporting docs and its is faster as they recieve your docs instantly but again paper based applications are also fine whatever suits you

christy94

Oct 28, 2017
Received, thanks a lot bro. That SOP is just great. I hope it isn't that complicated to apply for the visa ourselves.

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Received, thanks a lot bro. That SOP is just great. I hope it isn't that complicated to apply for the visa ourselves.
It is not actually you can get through it there are alot of smart people on these forums just explain in a thread on these forums somebody will help you

Deepanshu99

Apr 3, 2020
Hello everyone, I am from India and planning to join the University of New Brunswick( Fredericton) MBA program Fall 2020 Intake. Is there anyone out there with similar plans?

SJ24

May 2, 2019
Hello everyone, I am from India and planning to join the University of New Brunswick( Fredericton) MBA program Fall 2020 Intake. Is there anyone out there with similar plans?
Hi. What's the difference between the MBA in UNB Fredericton and UNB St John?

Deepanshu99

Apr 3, 2020
1 - Specialization difference is there, SJ offer more specialization options.
2 - Fredericton offer 20 month MBA program which can be done in 12 months at SJ.
3 - Fredericton offer SIF ( Student Investment fund ) in 2nd year which is good if you want to pursue career in research and portfolio management.
4 - You'll get 3 year work visa after MBA from Fred and 12 month work visa after MBA from SJ.

SJ24

May 2, 2019
2 - Fredericton offer 20 month MBA program which can be done in 12 months at SJ.
3 - Fredericton offer SIF ( Student Investment fund ) in 2nd year which is good if you want to pursue career in research and portfolio management.
4 - You'll get 3 year work visa after MBA from Fred and 12 month work visa after MBA from SJ.
Thanks for the info. I have PM'd you.

archmayoori

Apr 22, 2020
Hi Deepanshu,

Point 4: I believe MBA from SJ will also fetch you a 3 year work permit.

Has anyone received offer for MBA FALL program from UNB?