+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University Canada West - MBA program - 2021 all intakes

Danny1981

Star Member
Dec 28, 2020
I am 39 years old, Indian, Civil Engineer with 15 years of project controls experience, living in Kuwait. In my first application, I have applied with my 2 children.

Reason for refusal
Visa officer not convinced that I will leave Canada based on 1) immigration status 2) ties in Canada and country of residence 3) purpose of visit.

Timeline of first Application
Applied on 16th October 2020
Bio on 18th Oct 2020
Eligibility review 11th November 2020
BVL 27th November 2020
Refusal on 28th November 2020
It was from Abu Dhabi visa office.

Second application (applied alone)
Applied on 20th Dec 2020 for April intake
Bio already there
Eligibility review on 16th Jan 2021
Received submission confirmation on 4th Feb 2021 (very late)
Nothing after that.
@Kapoorjii

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
@Shaild hope you are ok and doing good. Tow reason , one is ties to home country and the second is we refuse you based on " statement of purpose".
I'm ok, just waiting for my GCMS notes now and will reapply after that. I didn't know there was a reason like that? I believe it could also mean the purpose of visit. IRCC does not make comments usually on non-mandatory fields.

I believe you must have ordered your GCMS already. That should give you a fair idea. Are you going to apply back from UAE or home country next ? Stay in touch.

Reactions: Danny1981

Cmu

Mar 2, 2021
I'm ok, just waiting for my GCMS notes now and will reapply after that. I didn't know there was a reason like that? I believe it could also mean the purpose of visit. IRCC does not make comments usually on non-mandatory fields.

I believe you must have ordered your GCMS already. That should give you a fair idea. Are you going to apply back from UAE or home country next ? Stay in touch.
I have already ordered gcms
Reapplied also
Waiting for decisions.let us see what happens

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Is there stat about how many UCW applicants have their visa approvals from 2020 till present? Someone from my country messaged me asking about this as they want to apply for MBA at UCW. I tried to look around some but can't find much positives. Perhaps people don't come back to report when they get their visas :( ?

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Yes , because my bank statement is supposed to be from uae so I think applying from home with the same bank statement would not serve the purpose.
If your country is participating in SDS program then you can simply create a GIC of 10K and pay 1 year tuition fees. It is not mandatory to show any additional funds.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
@wonderbly , @Cmu
I know 2 people and myself third who got visa approval for MBA from UCW.
Hi @inognito ! Did you do your medicals from UAE or you did it from India? If from UAE do you mind sharing the process to do upfront medicals? Since we have not applied yet how would they know where to upload the results or do they send you something by e-mail which you upload on the application?

Danny1981

Star Member
Dec 28, 2020
@Shaild hope you are ok and doing good. Tow reason , one is ties to home country and the second is we refuse you based on " statement of purpose".
I am hearing that as a refusal reason for the first time. “SOP”? Did you apply from Middle East? UAE?