+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University Canada West - MBA program - 2021 all intakes

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Below is my gcms notes for refusal from Abudhabi visa office. It doesn’t make any sense to me. It’s just the VO’s gut feelings.

“Client has demonstrated limited assets or properties to tie them to the home country. They give bank balances and other negotiable financial instruments little weigh as ties as they are liquid assets and can be transferred to any other country.

After examining the applicant’s family, financial and professional ties I am not satisfied that those related to country of residence are sufficient to compel their return at the end of the period authorized for stay.

After considering the applicants academic and professional history, their financial situation as well as their planned studies and explanation provided for it. I am not satisfied the applicant is a genuine student who will pursue studies in Canada. The stated benefit of their intended studies do not warrant the cost and difficulty of undertaking foreign education. I am not satisfied that the applicant will enroll a DLI and pursue studies as required by R220(1) or leave Canada at the end of authorized period of stay.

Applicant’s declared professional history and evidence for it do not constitute a significant tie to their home country.”
Can you highlight your profile and your submission? That way it’ll be easy to comment

Danny1981

Star Member
Dec 28, 2020
I am 39 years old, Indian, Civil Engineer with 15 years of project controls experience, living in Kuwait. In my first application, I have applied with my 2 children.

Reason for refusal
Visa officer not convinced that I will leave Canada based on 1) immigration status 2) ties in Canada and country of residence 3) purpose of visit.

Timeline of first Application
Applied on 16th October 2020
Bio on 18th Oct 2020
Eligibility review 11th November 2020
BVL 27th November 2020
Refusal on 28th November 2020
It was from Abu Dhabi visa office.

Second application (applied alone)
Applied on 20th Dec 2020 for April intake
Bio already there
Eligibility review on 16th Jan 2021
Received submission confirmation on 4th Feb 2021 (very late)
Nothing after that.
@Simba112

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Thanks.
1. While you provided them with bank balances from home country to prove ties back India, VO was not convinced because funds are liquid and can be transferred anytime. The issue is the nature of the funds… i.e. cash to prove your ties back home but if you applied from your home country, that wouldnt be a concern. Hope you clarified this by attaching additional prove like property if any

2. Ties in Canada, do you have relatives in Canada? Ties in India is an issue of your family, i mean your wife and childrens are with you in Kuwait

VO’s opinion is there is no cost-benefit given you have 15yrs experience as Civil Engineer and you want to do General MBA from private school. Would make difference if you opted to do Engineering related Masters degree instead of General Business studies. Amount of funding required as tuition fees and cost of living with your family in Vancouver could be another factor, but ties to your home country, Canada is the main one.
Provided you addressed those issues when you reapply, lets see what the outcome will be then.

Reactions: Danny1981

Danny1981

Star Member
Dec 28, 2020
Can you highlight your profile and your submission? That way it’ll be easy to comment
I have submitted documents of 2 houses in India one in my husband’s name and another one of a family property which has a registered will on my name. Around half a million dollars liquid cash in our joint account/insurance/pension plans. About my academics WES evaluated 3.2 for civil engineering without any backlog. My work experience -15 years, of which 5 years with MNC Fluor Corp as Projects Control Engineer and 4 years with Kuwait Oil Company as Strategic Planning Engineer. I have attached my experience certificates, pay slips, referees everything possible. My husband is a Manager in a reputed company here. His salary continuation certificates, bank statements . My children’s latest report cards, fee payment receipts to show that they are still studying in Kuwait and will continue studying here. My travel history visas of all the countries I have visited( 5 EU visas, Valid US visa, Australia visa, South Africa, Brazil, China).
My children and husband are not ties to country of residence according to VO. I believe he doesn’t understand Indian culture.

And also it’s just that VOs in Abu Dhabi visa office think applicants from 3rd world countries are homeless, penniless, gypsies who would illegally stay in any country. Then I could have done it in some other beautiful country I visited where there is warmer weather.

Danny1981

Star Member
Dec 28, 2020
Thanks.
1. While you provided them with bank balances from home country to prove ties back India, VO was not convinced because funds are liquid and can be transferred anytime. The issue is the nature of the funds… i.e. cash to prove your ties back home but if you applied from your home country, that wouldnt be a concern. Hope you clarified this by attaching additional prove like property if any

2. Ties in Canada, do you have relatives in Canada? Ties in India is an issue of your family, i mean your wife and childrens are with you in Kuwait

VO’s opinion is there is no cost-benefit given you have 15yrs experience as Civil Engineer and you want to do General MBA from private school. Would make difference if you opted to do Engineering related Masters degree instead of General Business studies. Amount of funding required as tuition fees and cost of living with your family in Vancouver could be another factor, but ties to your home country, Canada is the main one.
Provided you addressed those issues when you reapply, lets see what the outcome will be then.
I don’t have any relatives in Canada. My husband and children will be in Kuwait and my parents are in India. I don’t think parents are strong home ties according to VO as I am living in Kuwait since 2003 with my husband. Anyway I got my refund from UCW. I am not going apply again to Canada. I got offer for Masters in engineering project Management in university of Auckland. Will go for that if boarders are open before June 2022

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I don’t have any relatives in Canada. My husband and children will be in Kuwait and my parents are in India. I don’t think parents are strong home ties according to VO as I am living in Kuwait since 2003 with my husband. Anyway I got my refund from UCW. I am not going apply again to Canada. I got offer for Masters in engineering project Management in university of Auckland. Will go for that if boarders are open before June 2022
You are right, sometime parent can or cannot be strong ties back home because you are in Kuwait for almost 8yrs while they are back in India. Im suprised with the proof of funds submitted and yet you reapplied without your family, i can i understand you did that to prove your ties but again kids will be back in Kuwait not India. In your situation, i still feel like choice of program/School in relation to your solid technical experience as the main reason. When VO finds one issue, he/she will always find another reasons in your application to justify. I have never seen an officer give only 1 reason when refusing application.

If i have 15yrs experience in computer programming,lets say i will find it difficult to justify in my SOP why i want to do General MBA. It is possible only if i hold senior administrative position or own a business.
Again lets see outcome of your reapplication…

New offer from Auckland sounds perfect match in my opinion, and wish you all the best. You may want to disclose what happened with your SP in Canada, and that your position is VO-Canada did not put into consideration some aspects before rejecting.

Danny1981

Star Member
Dec 28, 2020
You are right, sometime parent can or cannot be strong ties back home because you are in Kuwait for almost 8yrs while they are back in India. Im suprised with the proof of funds submitted and yet you reapplied without your family, i can i understand you did that to prove your ties but again kids will be back in Kuwait not India. In your situation, i still feel like choice of program/School in relation to your solid technical experience as the main reason. When VO finds one issue, he/she will always find another reasons in your application to justify. I have never seen an officer give only 1 reason when refusing application.

If i have 15yrs experience in computer programming,lets say i will find it difficult to justify in my SOP why i want to do General MBA. It is possible only if i hold senior administrative position or own a business.
Again lets see outcome of your reapplication…

New offer from Auckland sounds perfect match in my opinion, and wish you all the best. You may want to disclose what happened with your SP in Canada, and that your position is VO-Canada did not put into consideration some aspects before rejecting.
Actually the gcms notes are for the second refusal. My second application was refused on 16th March 2021 after 3 months of waiting. That’s when I got my refund and decided to try another country.

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
I have enrolled to the Spring 2022 MBA, but i just read this one web. Anyone have idea what's happening?

https://www.complaintlists.com/university-canada-west-ucw-bad-very-bad-in-fact/
If she claims people are paid to write good reviews, pretty sure it works both ways. Lots of industries get into this marketing practice which is a shame.

If you are young and really wish to pursue quality education you should look for a high rated public university. UCW is private and most Canadian employers don't prefer private UNI as it is for profit. It is mostly favoured by mature adults who already have loads of experience. They get into universities like UCW to set foot in Canada, claim points and apply for PR. It has one of the easiest admission process as well due to no requirement of entrance exams like GMAT which takes quite some effort to prepare and score well.

r3f1e

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
Hi,

Can anyone tell me the meaning of the below reply?

This is the reply from my Secondary visa office, which happens to be Vienna, Austria. I ordered my GCMS as I did not hear my final result for the last 6.5 months. So, I ordered GCMS and got to know that my Primary and Secondary visa offices are in New Delhi and Vienna respectively.

I wanted to check if the Vienna office reviewed and sent my file back to new Delhi or not? And below is the reply from them

Dear Sir/Madam,

Since your application is being processed in New Delhi, you are kindly requested to make your inquiry directly with them -

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=052&top=3

Sincerely,

Migration Section | Section de migration

Embassy of Canada | Ambassade du Canada

Laurenzerberg 2, A-1010 Vienna, Austria | Vienne, Autriche

E-mail | Courriel: VIENNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

Question asked from my side:

Hi Sir/Mam,

Thank you so much for your prompt response.
Has it been processed from Vienna and sent to Delhi for a final decision?
Or all the processing is only happening in Delhi itself?
Thank you for your co-operation.

XpressGirl

Jun 9, 2021
Wh
My reasons of refusal are 2
First one is , not satisfied that the applicant would leave the country after completing MBA .
Second is , not convinced foe purpose of visit.
Age above 40
University course mba
2 years
Unconditional offer letter

Will be thank full if you could please share the sop at shahid_1111@yahoo.com
What was the conditions in your offer letter?