+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unintentional Misrepresentation: URGENT!

jvm8

Jul 30, 2018
Hi everyone,

I have a worrying situation I’d love to get some feedback on, if possible.

I travelled to Mexico for a holiday when I was a student in the US. I was told by the airline I was flying with that I did not need a Mexican tourist visa because I had a valid US visa. Upon arrival in Mexico, I was informed that my student visa had to be valid for 6 months or longer and I was not allowed to enter. I flew back to the US and was compensated by the airline to return to Mexico on a free ticket, 3 weeks later. I immediately applied for a Mexican tourist visa, it was granted and I went back for this holiday successfully.

My issue is with misrepresentation. I checked my past work permit application and the answer to being denied entry to a country is “no”. I will be applying for PR and have been advised to answer “yes” and include a letter of explanation for this situation.

Please let me know your thoughts when you can. Thank you!

Krystine

Dec 12, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-04-2018
Passport Req..
27-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2018
LANDED..........
14-10-2018
Hello friend,

The most important thing is that you should be 100% honest on your current application. Many people forgot about their past visa refusal and failed to mention it on their past application. CIC would not really bother to refuse your PR application based on what you did on your past application as long as you are 100% honest on your current application. Simply say 'yes' on that question and also include the letter of explanation for that situation and you will be fine. Wish you luck on your PR application.

In addition to it, my friend was refused her US working visa in the past and she mentioned it on her PR application. She was granted her PR without any problem. All you need is being honest, then nothing to worry about.

jvm8

Jul 30, 2018
Hello friend,

The most important thing is that you should be 100% honest on your current application. Many people forgot about their past visa refusal and failed to mention it on their past application. CIC would not really bother to refuse your PR application based on what you did on your past application as long as you are 100% honest on your current application. Simply say 'yes' on that question and also include the letter of explanation for that situation and you will be fine. Wish you luck on your PR application.

In addition to it, my friend was refused her US working visa in the past and she mentioned it on her PR application. She was granted her PR without any problem. All you need is being honest, then nothing to worry about.
Thank you so much for the kind words and advice, it made me feel a lot better about this situation :) hopefully it all goes well!

Canm

Star Member
Sep 30, 2017
I got denied for US visa and I declared it in my PR application. I have become a PR no problem.

Jaykay101

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Yup, I forgot a past US visa refusal in previous work permit applications but declared it in my PR application with a letter of explanation. I got my PR. Whatever you remember, declare it and explain. Good luck.

Ruby Vo

Mar 1, 2022
can you help me with my case.
My husband got student visa approval but he withdrew right after that because he got job offer from Canada company. He made webform to withdraw his application and then got email from IRCC that they noted my wish on the file. A few days later, he inform canada bank to refund his money but then he got procedural fairness letter saying that he may be inadmissible for misrepresentatio because my fund in my GIC account has been withdrawn. Could you please advise us for this case. Thanks so much in advance.