+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unfortunate end

shazy12000

Aug 26, 2016
Thank God . So if they haven't deteced my mistake do i have any chance of getting trv as well? Or this is a refusal for sure ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Now let's not get ahead of ourselves :)

BTW a basic question because we seem to be putting the cart before the horse right through this thread:
Does the Application Status say 'Approved and Closed' or 'Refused'?

Quite honestly, why do you think you are refused, banned, etc etc??

Naheulbeuck

Aug 14, 2015
Bryanna said:
Now let's not get ahead of ourselves :)
OP did not disclose a visa refusal in his application (and was looking to correct it but did not have time before his case moved forward).

OP will have to consider, no matter the results of his visa application, how to correct his misrepresentation by omission if he does not receive the 5 year ban in order to avoid jeopardizing his future in Canada.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Naheulbeuck said:
OP did not disclose a visa refusal in his application (and was looking to correct it but did not have time before his case moved forward).

OP will have to consider, no matter the results of his visa application, how to correct his misrepresentation by omission if he does not receive the 5 year ban in order to avoid jeopardizing his future in Canada.
Agreed

shazy12000

Aug 26, 2016
I just oppend it on my laptop and it says This application has been refused under final decision. It wasn't showing the bottom row on my mobile.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
You'll know the refusal reasons when you get your passport back.

If you reapply (which is possible only if it is a TRV refusal without a 5-years ban)..... then you must declare your previous UK visa refusal and overstay

shazy12000

Aug 26, 2016
I will never do this silly mistake ever again in my life. So there are still chances of 5 year ban? What if i am banned for 5 years can I challenge/apeall their ban?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
shazy12000 said:
I will never do this silly mistake ever again in my life. So there are still chances of 5 year ban? What if i am banned for 5 years can I challenge/apeall their ban?
There's still some chance of a 5 year ban. You'll have to wait until you receive the decision.

You have no grounds to appeal/challenge this decision since it's very clear you committed misrepresentation.

You just have to hope you don't get the ban.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
shazy12000 said:
Now your guess is just as good as ours.

Relax... try not to think about this.... wait until you get your passport back.... let us know what the refusal letter says.... and you can then take it from there

Coffee1981

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
Misrep bans are usually reserved for really serious matters. Like, you're a war criminal and you lied on your application about previously being deported from Canada. They're a ton of work for the officer to do, especially since they can be fought in Federal Court in Canada. Something like a missed declaration, although not an innocent matter, isn't often grounds for a ban.

Next time you apply you should draft an honest, sincere letter about the situation, including the steps you took to resolve the problem, and include it for the officer.

Human786

Oct 19, 2016
Hey what happend to your visa? My online status say same. This application has been refused. Is that correct status? I mean so many pepole saying you can't know the result before collecting the pasport. Confused

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Coffee1981 said:
Misrep bans are usually reserved for really serious matters. Like, you're a war criminal and you lied on your application about previously being deported from Canada. They're a ton of work for the officer to do, especially since they can be fought in Federal Court in Canada. Something like a missed declaration, although not an innocent matter, isn't often grounds for a ban.

Next time you apply you should draft an honest, sincere letter about the situation, including the steps you took to resolve the problem, and include it for the officer.
We have seen a number of cases where 5-years bans were given for misrepresentation..... i.e. for not declaring previous visa refusals