+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

unfortunate but true

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aashay12 said:
i will surely post it when its up and running....
Don't have to, I am not asking you to share anything here :)

Just ask yourself and answer those questions while thinking about it.

aashay12

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo transferred to ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2011
Med's Request
25th october 2013
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
first week of january
VISA ISSUED...
24/1/14
LANDED..........
13 nov, a day before the visa expires
David, what else am I supposed to do....if there is no job in canada, and can't work in US...
So I have to do something to change that....I will be getting a work permit in US in July
But man, I can't sit around and do nothing....gotta do something.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aashay12 said:
But man, I can't sit around and do nothing....gotta do something.
How about watching TV, playing online games, enjoy the sun, walking your dog, reading a book? .... learn how to relax and enjoy life... :D

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are absolutely right, you should try your best under any circumstances.

I don't know why, but I think people tend to perceive things and react to things in black and white, extreme ways.

It's either rosy world to jump and dance or you must fall on your knees, get paralyzed and weep.

I personally don't operate that way. When I realize things are in deep *censored word* I don't get paralyzed. To the contrary, I mobilize all my resources (inner and outer) and try to find a solution, at very least I never stop trying, never stop thinking, never give up. Knowing what the REAL picture is is extremely important to me, it helps me to search for adequate steps to overcome the impasse. Even knowing that there is no way is necessary to me, to accept it fully and to still continue willfully.

If my doctor said I am terminally ill and will pass out by 8 pm tomorrow, I would keep living and trying my best to the very last second. Who knows, may be by 7:59pm there will be a cure. May be it's certain that there won't , but regardless, life is a Path, you just must walk it, no matter what. That's what the Life is about . And, I am just a kind of person who would prefer to know the truth than be lied by a doctor and be totally clueless of my condition.

I guess most people can't handle it, they are like little little babies, if you tell them something is wrong they will start crying, stop midway and throw tantrums. So, you have to constantly feed them some BS, some fairy tales, about Santa Claus and what not, everything except the truth, so the kids can stay happy, active and engaged.

I say let's be adults :)

jazibkg

Apr 4, 2014
steaky said:
How about watching TV, playing online games, enjoy the sun, walking your dog, reading a book? .... learn how to relax and enjoy life... :D
Hahahah, perfect life. Would also love to perfect my golf shots at drive ranges...love the one in Lower Manhattan at Chelsea Piers. If you're in the New York City vicinity aashay12, do check it out ;D

trytry

Jan 16, 2015
david1697 said:
You are absolutely right, you should try your best under any circumstances.

I don't know why, but I think people tend to perceive things and react to things in black and white, extreme ways.

It's either rosy world to jump and dance or you must fall on your knees, get paralyzed and weep.

I personally don't operate that way. When I realize things are in deep *censored word* I don't get paralyzed. To the contrary, I mobilize all my resources (inner and outer) and try to find a solution, at very least I never stop trying, never stop thinking, never give up. Knowing what the REAL picture is is extremely important to me, it helps me to search for adequate steps to overcome the impasse. Even knowing that there is no way is necessary to me, to accept it fully and to still continue willfully.

If my doctor said I am terminally ill and will pass out by 8 pm tomorrow, I would keep living and trying my best to the very last second. Who knows, may be by 7:59pm there will be a cure. May be it's certain that there won't , but regardless, life is a Path, you just must walk it, no matter what. That's what the Life is about . And, I am just a kind of person who would prefer to know the truth than be lied by a doctor and be totally clueless of my condition.

I guess most people can't handle it, they are like little little babies, if you tell them something is wrong they will start crying, stop midway and throw tantrums. So, you have to constantly feed them some BS, some fairy tales, about Santa Claus and what not, everything except the truth, so the kids can stay happy, active and engaged.

I say let's be adults :)
Wow awesome post Dave, thanks a lot for these words...I guess i will do 50% of these, i will go long way in my life. Without hard work, cant reach anywhere. At least there will be a satisfaction that i did my best, rest is in God's hand. Thanks Dave. God bless ya.

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
trytry said:
Wow awesome post Dave, thanks a lot for these words...I guess i will do 50% of these, i will go long way in my life. Without hard work, cant reach anywhere. At least there will be a satisfaction that i did my best, rest is in God's hand. Thanks Dave. God bless ya.
Thanks trytry. I am an Atheist, but your good wishes are appreciated :)

I will add that the reality of current economic circumstances is such that even with hard work you may not get anywhere. That's a new economic reality which people seem to be slow to grasp.

But, regardless, satisfaction will always be there if you try your best. It's the Path that matters, not the end destination (in the end we are all going to be out of here for good).

Wish you the best trytry, take good care of yourself and family.

fakenoob

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Changed to Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 Nov 2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charge 14 Jan 2015
Nomination.....
PER 5 Feb 2015
AOR Received.
19 March 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the app
File Transfer...
19 March 2015
Med's Request
11 May 2015
Med's Done....
15 May 2015
Interview........
Waived Expected
Passport Req..
June-2015 Expected
VISA ISSUED...
July-2015 Expected
LANDED..........
Visiting in Oct-15 ,immigrating in April 2016 Planned
torontosm said:
So had you just said "some" or "majority" in your earlier post, then I wouldn't have objected. Instead, you said:

"Canada is not for people who are ambitious, looking to have a white collar job" and

"I have yet to see one success story in this forum who have arrived and said they have risen to the top of Canada's largest and most successful companies"

Going back, you have made a variety of other absurd remarks previously, including:

"Unfortunately I do not have a PhD nor a medical degree therefore I don't qualify as a Canadian taxi driver right off the bat."

"So that non-Canadian engineers can work at McDonalds, Security guard, and taxi driver"

"4 months is too short to hire someone in IT, if a company does decide to hire you it will most likely be opening boxes taking computer out, folding the boxes and putting it in recycle cans. That would be the scope of your IT job"

"The people in charge of processing your PR card also works at the local butcher shop, drives a taxi at night and works as a security guard on the weekend."

so what exactly is your point?
just gone through the 3 pages of the discussion here and i couldn't resist comment. i have had debates with newtone before over this kind of topic.

and i agree with torontosm on most of the points he has made. true that US has more opportunities at the same time there are people who dont like to settle there and choose canada.

and there are hoards of people coming to canada from developing countries hoping for a greener field . they just want to jump in the wagon and hope for the best. may be its better for them once they land in canada compared to their home country situation even though their situation in canada is worse compared to the general average canadian population. i would say thats still a win situation for them and their second generation canadians will have real opportunity and exposure to contribute to canada's economy in overall.

this forum is not the true reflection of how the immigrated have lived. as its obvious that people generally use this forum when they are in the process. after they land they and if they feel happy and better relatively they wouldnt bother to come here and rant about how good they feel.

its least expected that i will come back to the forum and talk about how i feel good in canada once in land next year. however i would come back over and disucss and debate if my move was really wise..

so essentially US may have higher prospects in terms of labour absorption. but yeah how are the legal ways to immigrate to the US. we are better off being in canada.

and personally i would not like to be in USA for many reasons. my personalities and preferences match more with Canada.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In case nobody has read the globe and mail today.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-debate/why-u-of-t-york-strikes-are-more-than-labour-disputes/article23279298/

More importantly if people mostly came here to rant about Canada then this forum would be called rantcanada.com or evilcanada.com. The fact this forum exists for people so they can help each other out should give you an idea otherwise. Either way we can come to a sound logical conclusion there is something horribly wrong with the system here

Reactions: Svet81

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
People can say all they want. But here is what I think.

I haven't been here in 1950's or 1960's , when life was "good" in US.

That's when one person in a household was working (I guess women were not well assimilated into workforce yet), and that person could be a laborer in factory (for ex. working in car assembly in Michigan), or could be doing some white collar job, and his earnings were enough not only to put food on table and roof over head of entire family, but a lot of things (like cars, and even houses in earlier times) were paid by cash. Can you imagine?
Laborer or any worker in US could afford to buy all those things without financing.
It was not a perfect world , we know that, there was codified in laws racism, blacks couldn't drink from the faucet whites did, they couldn't go to school with white kids and women were not allowed to do many things they can do now.
But, if you were someone of working age (a man, until late 60's) , all you had to do was WILLING TO WORK. You would get a work and you would be able to afford anything you need. Four year degree was opening doors not only to clean desk job, but almost immediate welcome mat to a whole better lifestyle.
Now, this was thEn, I haven't seen it, I wasn't even born yet, I just heard about it.

But I have seen 1990's

1990's was a struggle, it wasn't all that idyllic and "easy" life of 50's or 60's. Work weeks were longer, you needed to have two earners in family to afford everything you want for your family, people were getting exhausted by very demanding schedules, but jobs still were plenty, initiative and entrepreneurial spirit could still get you far, college degree still was more than a piece of paper you can wipe after going to bathroom,
houses were still affordable and life, while wasn't perfect, still . it was a fair stage, the more you tried and exerted the effort, the more you were being rewarded. Only the lazy and those still institutionally discriminated against were unable to move up the ladder.

Let no one ever come and tell me that what we have today is anything remotely resembling a normally functioning, healthy economy of even 1990's

Don't tell me what we have in 2014-2015 is normal,don't tell me it's just us not trying hard enough, I remember too well how it was when it was normal.

This is a whole different ballgame. I used to say that over 200 people apply for each vacancy today, I thought I was a bit exaggerating.
Guess what? I went to careerbuilder.com and selectively checked the competition for a lot of the jobs posted there.
They have the metrics you can log in and see.
And you know what I saw?
No, not 200 applicants, but 400, 500 applicants for some of the vacancies posted have applied !
That;s insane!
About 60% of people who submit those desperate applications are currently employed, I am not talking about higher end jobs that require extensive experience in a specialized field (those, actually don't have so many applications), I am talking about average white collar jobs that require B degree and/or specialized certificate (such as Paralegal jobs, Managerial and Supervisory jobs, Administrative jobs, Financial Sector/Banking jobs and etc).
So, 60% of applicants are applying for these jobs while being employed, that means they are either overworked and underpaid or they earn less than they want, this is the reality, so many people (employed already) are not satisfied with their jobs! Applying in hundreds, for each job!
And the rest , of course , are unemployed.

Then you look at the map, and you see how many people apply from ALL AROUND USA! There are people from California, Washington, Texas, New Mexico, New York, Pennsylvania, Florida and other States , and they ALL compete for these jobs in one city! (one advantage of the map is, when you look at it, you know what states suck beyond believable, job-market wise).

And then there are other metrics, such (for example) as 17% and 36% of total job applicants for a given vacancy have PhD and Masters Degree respectively, they are applying for jobs that at most should require Bachelors' degree! Can you imagine? All these poor suckers have spent thousands, some even over 200 thousand US dollars, they owe in loans which they must repay now, they have obtained Masters degrees and PhD and things are so bad that they are applying for jobs that shouldn't require half their qualifications, and you compete with them (among hundreds of others) for each single vacancy out there!
Is this what you call normal?

And it is USA I am talking about. Here if you send tens of resumes per week, you will get phone calls (usually you get called within days as you send about 30-40 resumes online) , and you get the interview and have at least some shot at those positions. Now, if you get a phone call when 400 others submitted resume you are already doing good, and if you get an interview you certainly stand out from the rest, but you still may not get a job because every time you compete with over 250 other highly qualified (and often overqualified) candidates, so chances are someone will constantly beat you unless you are an Einstein, but eventually you will get something in US if you are relentless and keep applying and going to interviews no matter how discouraged you become.
In Canada they don't even call you back after you send a resume (me and my spouse have sent hundreds of resumes for jobs in canada, and we didn't get a SINGLE INVITATION TO INTERVIEW OR EVEN A PHONE CALL).

When something is seriously broken, I can tell. Luckily, I haven't been born yesterday. May be 20 some year olds can be fooled, told "This is the way it is and how it should be", but I remember how things were when economy was working.
This is not it. This is fundamentally broken economy.

So, please don't tell me it is business as usual.

Reactions: Svet81

trytry

Jan 16, 2015
At least talk true. Those who have applied want to hear what their ears want to hear. No matter you work in McDonald's or Wal-mart or snow shoveling after 6 months...we ourselves get used to it but we never tell our friends or relatives or parents that that is what we are doing. Start loving Canada. Be friends with Canadians. Never ask their salary. Keep distance (thoda sa) while talking and please carry Black trouser and Jeans, Black t-shirt/shirt and black shoes with you cuz you will be needing at least in McDonalds and Walmart. All the best. Enjoy Canada. Always proud to be what you are and what country you belong. Please Do not leave your jobs or sell your properties initially.

Happy Holi Guys

fakenoob

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Changed to Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 Nov 2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charge 14 Jan 2015
Nomination.....
PER 5 Feb 2015
AOR Received.
19 March 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the app
File Transfer...
19 March 2015
Med's Request
11 May 2015
Med's Done....
15 May 2015
Interview........
Waived Expected
Passport Req..
June-2015 Expected
VISA ISSUED...
July-2015 Expected
LANDED..........
Visiting in Oct-15 ,immigrating in April 2016 Planned
think about this.. for normal people without connectoins here ( majority of them . like me ) its still difficult to get a job . and think about this >> when u dont have a job u cant really work at KFC or other flipping burger jobs because first> its not as valued as it is in canada/us. second> the pay is so minimum that u will barely live u will go to the poverty line which is too harsher than the poverty line in US/Canada. nobody here with masters does those kind of jobs. so untill u get a good job u will be unemployed eating from your parents. u cant really be independent..

unlike if the same person is in Canda he can still surivie doing those survival jobs.. there are no survival jobs in india or nobody with masters degre ( the crowd here who qualified to apply for FSW) does those..

i for once, am ready to do those jobs for survival there in canada. untill i get soem good job. at least i know i wont have to beg to my parents or freinds to meet hands

RocketCity

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Montreal
NOC Code......
U062
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2012
Nomination.....
26-02-2014
AOR Received.
09-05-2014
Med's Request
09-05-2014
Med's Done....
19-05-2014
Interview........
26-02-2014
Passport Req..
RPRF Request 02-03-2015, PPR Request 10-03-2015
I'm not doubting anyone's experiences here, but I know of only one friend in Canada. He's a successful IT professional in Calgary. He's from the subcontinent, and he did not have to go to university in Canada (although he did complete his Masters in North America).

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Edgar Poe said:
You talk big as if you could back your words.

I for one will agree to your cacameme 10 years residency before a person obtains citizenship, so long YOU could provide us FSW immigrants jobs that wretched points system you've given us?
Whats the point of giving a professional scores on his education, experiences and skills if when he arrives in this banana he'll end up cleaning floors?

Your 10 years reside clause would be great if that FSW works in his field and not in some burger flipping survival job. Easy for you to say. Ha!
Edgar, your sense of entitlement is pathetic. No one needs to "provide you" with jobs. No one promised you jobs when you moved here, and no one forced you to come. If you don't like it, leave. If you can't get a job, maybe you should look in the mirror instead of blaming the whole world. Plenty of immigrants in Canada have been successful so the system has obviously worked for some...just not for you.