no
Passport Req..
first week of january
VISA ISSUED...
24/1/14
LANDED..........
13 nov, a day before the visa expires
Hate to say this but today the federal judge blocked executive action by obama
and now my worst fear is coming true to come and settle in Canada...
This green card process has taken years and will take years....
So unfortunate this day has been....a big blow to GC aspirants...

emiiuki

Dec 14, 2012
Novi Sad
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/07/2014
Nomination.....
PER: 03.11.2014.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Why torture yourself and go to place that sickens you?
If they won't alow you to stay in place that you like, you can always go back where you came from. It is, probably, much better scenario than leting your worst fear come true, right? ;D

aashay12 said:

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think what the OP is trying to say is since he already spent so much time in US it will be painful to start from scratch in Canada. I can see how this would be a problem considering the scarecity of jobs. Even a measly labour job requires you to go through a wall of interviews as if they are sending you to the moon. The problem is employers and employees in Canada live in an environment of fear because nobody has money. Taking risk to Canadians is such a taboo. Employers wont spend money to hire or train and employees will hang on to jobs with dear life.

Canada is a great place if you are a refugee fleeing persecution. Its also a wonderful place for minorities fleeing their own country. It provides a fairly descent social safety net to help people who are lost in life and do not have any options or ambitions. Canada is not for people who are ambitious, looking to have a white collar job or start a company and grow it like Dell, McDonalds, Walmart etc. The reason for that is the government needs to first fill its pocket first before you can, add the beaucracy on top of that, this demotivates people and kills their morale to pursue anything in life.

People in US dont fear the idea of loosing a job as much as they have in Canada because US has money to spend. Over the last 50 years US has created hundreds of multimillion dollar companies. These companies are the backbone of the economy which is why there isnt an unemployment fear in people and the question of where is my next job greatly reduced

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
newtone said:
I think what the OP is trying to say is since he already spent so much time in US it will be painful to start from scratch in Canada. I can see how this would be a problem considering the scarecity of jobs. Even a measly labour job requires you to go through a wall of interviews as if they are sending you to the moon. The problem is employers and employees in Canada live in an environment of fear because nobody has money. Taking risk to Canadians is such a taboo. Employers wont spend money to hire or train and employees will hang on to jobs with dear life.

Canada is a great place if you are a refugee fleeing persecution. Its also a wonderful place for minorities fleeing their own country. It provides a fairly descent social safety net to help people who are lost in life and do not have any options or ambitions. Canada is not for people who are ambitious, looking to have a white collar job or start a company and grow it like Dell, McDonalds, Walmart etc. The reason for that is the government needs to first fill its pocket first before you can, add the beaucracy on top of that, this demotivates people and kills their morale to pursue anything in life.

People in US dont fear the idea of loosing a job as much as they have in Canada because US has money to spend. Over the last 50 years US has created hundreds of multimillion dollar companies. These companies are the backbone of the economy which is why there isnt an unemployment fear in people and the question of where is my next job greatly reduced
Newtone,
Beautiful post.

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
aashay12 said:
Various more qualified individuals and organizations have made statements indicating this particular judge's ruling is not going to last long and that its impact on the order is not as great as some would you to think. I am not qualified to give an opinion on his ruling like they do, but if the statements of those qualified enough are anything to go by then there is still hope for you.
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/feb/17/obama-immigration-plan-texas-judge-experts

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
newtone said:

Newtone, you keep posting the same nonsense. All immigrants are not blue collar workers in Canada. Just because you can't find a real job doesn't mean that no one else will either.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I suggest you stop your nonsense about edifying and gloryfying Canada and giving people false hopes about a bright future when in fact Canada is a glorified third world country. Either you are blind, deaf or dumb or all of the above. We all know jobs in Canada is a big issue, we also know majority of highly educated and foreign trained professionals who get maximum points for work and education for immigrating here are doing labour jobs. This needs to change, if government (regardless of conservatives, liberals, green party or NDP) cant make provisions to create jobs they should stop the immigration system and clean up this mess first. Facts speak for themselves just cause you dont have common sense dosent mean you prevent others from using it and thinking freely.

For your information I do have a real job with a real company in USA and I thank God for that cause if it were Canada I'd be unemployed because of some stupid reason like not enough budget or price of oil if low or we had tons of snow this year or we can hire one person with 1/2 the wage who can do balance sheets, solve our HR problems, solve our IT problems, solve our operations issues and also change the carpets

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
newtone said:
I suggest you stop your nonsense about edifying and gloryfying Canada and giving people false hopes about a bright future when in fact Canada is a glorified third world country. We all know jobs in Canada is a big issue, we also know majority of highly educated and foreign trained professionals who get maximum points for work and education for immigrating here are doing labour jobs. This needs to change, if government cant make provisions to create jobs they should stop the immigration system and clean up this mess first. Facts speak for themselves just cause you dont have common sense dosent mean you stop others from using it and thinking freely.

For your information I do have a real job with a real company in USA and I thank God for that cause if it were Canada I'd be unemployed because of some stupid reason like not enough budget or price of oil if low or we had tons of snow this year or we can hire one person with 1/2 the wage who can do balance sheets, solve our HR problems, solve our IT problems, solve our operations issues and also change the carpets
I'm not sure why you are so bitter, but once again, there are plenty of immigrants who have done well in Canada, and have successful professional careers here. Some have even risen to the top of Canada's largest and most successful companies. There is not a single industry where you don't see immigrants from all regions of the world in the capacity of managers, C-level executives or Directors. And that is the truth. However, from reading your bitter, misleading posts, you would think that every immigrant is driving a cab or washing toilets, which is blatantly false.

It is not the government's role to create jobs for immigrants, and no immigrant has ever been promised a job by the government. I'm not sure where you got that attitude of entitlement, but perhaps that's why you couldn't succeed here.

New immigrants coming to Canada have to be realistic. They must realize that: (i) jobs are super-competitive due to the liberal immigration policies; (ii) their experience in their home countries may not be directly applicable in Canada; and (iii) the global economy is weak, at best, right now, and so is Canada's. That said, there are always opportunities, regardless of what disgruntled people like Newtone spout.

realtexdex

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Awesome post newtone! I have a great job in the US as well, with a much coveted US education, a decade of US experience in healthcare, and the morons still wont give me a job in Canada, when I can have the pick of whatever job I want here. It is almost like they're insecure of US trained/educated people. Beautiful country, but not much in the name of a economy, and no I wont serve fries with that!

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not sure where you are getting all these information about immigrants doing well. This forum alone should be more than evidence for you to present a strong argument in favour of immigrants not doing well. I have yet to see one success story in this forum who have arrived and said they have risen to the top of Canada's largest and most successful companies (I am ignoring people who are 2nd gen Canadian, I am talking about immigrants only). And I have been in this forum long enough. I seriously think your posts are very misleading and gives new immigrants the idea that there is something wrong with them, their education, their work experience and absolutely nothing wrong with Canada. This kind of behavior literally kills the aspirations and morals of new immigrants and they feel guilty they came here. You are telling me I am doing something wrong, If I tell immigrants there is nothing wrong with them, instead there is something wrong with Canada.....wow!

Its very wrong to say immigrants come here with a sense of entitlement. Talk about generalization. Do you really think people leave their family, careers, lifestyle, school, and come here to build a new life have a sense of entitlement. If anything they would be extremely humble and naive because they left their country to come to Canada, Canada did not pick them up from their country.

If its not the governments role to create jobs for immigrants then why does the government import soo many immigrants on the basis of education and work experience? Do you have an answer????? Obviously not otherwise you'd either be the labour or immigration minister. Why not bring uneducated truck drivers, carpenters and plumbers from India and let them immigrate here?

Now here are the answers to your confusion
i) Jobs maybe super competitive but that mostly applies to people who are born and brought up here with Canadian work experience and education. Do you really think someone from Manila Polytechnic Institute with Philippines work experience even stands a chance? But he will get maximum points to immigrate here, this is just absurd, what a waste of talent.

ii) If their experience in their home countries may not be directly applicable in Canada then why give them points when they apply for immigration?

iii) This reason is completely hogwash, global economy has nothing to do with immigration and even if it did then stop immigration but Canada wont do that cause they need more people to come here spend money, pay taxes and they'll prolong their citizenship while the poor highly skilled educated immigrant works mopping the floors at McDonalds. The only good thing that happened from global recession is low interest rates that led to house prices sky rocketing. This is great for people who owned houses 10 years ago, they are millionaires today. Now you have immigrants who come here are doing 5 part time jobs (cause employers don't have money to hire someone full time permanant) so that they buy over priced houses, inflated cost of living, increased taxes. And the cycle continues.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
newtone said:
I am not sure where you are getting all these information about immigrants doing well. This forum alone should be more than evidence for you to present a strong argument in favour of immigrants not doing well. I have yet to see one success story in this forum who have arrived and said they have risen to the top of Canada's largest and most successful companies (I am ignoring people who are 2nd gen Canadian, I am talking about immigrants only). And I have been in this forum long enough. I seriously think your posts are very misleading and gives new immigrants the idea that there is something wrong with them, their education, their work experience and absolutely nothing wrong with Canada. This kind of behavior literally kills the aspirations and morals of new immigrants and they feel guilty they came here. You are telling me I am doing something wrong, If I tell immigrants there is nothing wrong with them, instead there is something wrong with Canada.....wow!
Perhaps if you spent a bit more time in Canada, you would be aware of the numerous success stories. Look at people like Nadir Mohamed (CEO of Rogers), Robert Herjavec (CEO of Herjavec Group), Frank Stronach (founder and CEO of Magna), Adrienne Clarkson (former Governor General) and Michelle Jean (current Governor General) and the numerous MP's. These are all FIRST generation immigrants, and these are some of the more public figures. Walk into any Bay Street banks and you will see numerous immigrants there. Go to any startup in KW and it is full of immigrants. Look at consulting firms in town and there are plenty of immigrants there. So how can you possibly repeatedly state that immigrants only work as taxi drivers?

newtone said:
Its very wrong to say immigrants come here with a sense of entitlement. Talk about generalization. Do you really think people leave their family, careers, lifestyle, school, and come here to build a new life have a sense of entitlement. If anything they would be extremely humble and naive because they left their country to come to Canada, Canada did not pick them up from their country.
I didn't say immigrants come here with a sense of entitlement...I said YOU have a sense of entitlement as you seem to blame the government for your lack of success in finding a job. Canada did not force anyone to apply. People voluntarily choose to apply and immigrate to Canada, and at no point through the process are they ever guaranteed employment.

newtone said:
If its not the governments role to create jobs for immigrants then why does the government import soo many immigrants on the basis of education and work experience? Do you have an answer????? Obviously not otherwise you'd either be the labour or immigration minister. Why not bring uneducated truck drivers, carpenters and plumbers from India and let them immigrate here?
I agree with you here that the immigration streams need to be dramatically reduced, if not stopped altogether. The influx is far too great for the economy and infrastructure to support.

newtone said:
Now here are the answers to your confusion
i) Jobs maybe super competitive but that mostly applies to people who are born and brought up here with Canadian work experience and education. Do you really think someone from Manila Polytechnic Institute with Philippines work experience even stands a chance? But he will get maximum points to immigrate here, this is just absurd, what a waste of talent.
ii) If their experience in their home countries may not be directly applicable in Canada then why give them points when they apply for immigration?
iii) This reason is completely hogwash, global economy has nothing to do with immigration and even if it did then stop immigration but Canada wont do that cause they need more people to come here spend money, pay taxes and they'll prolong their citizenship while the poor highly skilled educated immigrant works mopping the floors at McDonalds. The only good thing that happened from global recession is low interest rates that led to house prices sky rocketing. This is great for people who owned houses 10 years ago, they are millionaires today. Now you have immigrants who come here are doing 5 part time jobs (cause employers don't have money to hire someone full time permanant) so that they buy over priced houses, inflated cost of living, increased taxes. And the cycle continues.
i) I'm not sure what your point is. Like I said, jobs are competitive, but as I showed earlier, immigrants are having success. Whether someone with a degree from Manila Polytechnic Institute can compete effectively or not is not up to me to determine. I attended a US university, and found a job here fairly easily.

ii) Again, immigration and careers are two separate things. The government awards points to prospective immigrants, but that has NOTHING to do with private companies hiring them. Thankfully, the programs have been slightly reformed so top priority is given to those immigrants who already have jobs, but again, as you can tell by the bitching and moaning on these forums, people aren't happy with EE either.

iii) I never said the global economy has anything to do with immigration. I said that economic factors will obviously impact the number of jobs available in Canada. For the last 7 years, the global economy has been in the dumps and yet people like you blame Canada for not offering jobs. When people were getting laid off across the US, were you bashing Obama? Are you against the governments of Greece and various other European countries for the recession that they are in today? Economies are cyclical...during boom times, there will be more jobs than there are today.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All the people you've mentioned above were wearing diapers when they immigrated here, so bottom line is they had Mommy and Daddy taking care of them so that they could take risks. My question would be were their parents financially successful after they entered Canada and did they get jobs in their fields or its the fast food castle they had to enter.

I don't know what makes you think I have a sense of entitlement, I have lived in Canada for many years, did all I can to get a job in my profession but couldn't, less than 1 month in USA and job in my field was ready.

i) That was in response to what you said about competitive job market

ii) Good so they are finally improving things, with the kind of beaucracy Canada has, hopefully this will change by the time my kid retires

iii) Even when Canada's economic outlook was all nice and dandy people still found it hard to get a job. That's cause people like you would then blame in competitive job environment. So lemme get this right, tough economic times poor job prospects, good economic times poor job prospects due to higher competition. The point is you can use any excuse you like to discourage new immigrants but that will not stop me from telling the truth.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
newtone said:
All the people you've mentioned above were wearing diapers when they immigrated here, so bottom line is they had Mommy and Daddy taking care of them so that they could take risks. My question would be were their parents financially successful after they entered Canada and did they get jobs in their fields or its the fast food castle they had to enter.
I have no idea where you get your information, but it seems like you just make it up as you go. Most of the people I mentioned immigrated when they were adults, and several were even refugees. So, there was no silver spoon or trust fund to fall back on, as you so baselessly assert.

newtone said:
I don't know what makes you think I have a sense of entitlement, I have lived in Canada for many years, did all I can to get a job in my profession but couldn't, less than 1 month in USA and job in my field was ready.
The job market in the US is 10x the size, so I'm not surprised. I don't know you at all, so I'm not sure whether you actually to have that sense of entitlement or not, but my comment was solely based on your blaming the government for not providing jobs to immigrants.

You can tell your version of the truth all you want. However, all I am saying is that it's not as bleak as you make it out to be. For every immigrant (or for every three immigrants) that struggles, there is one that does really well. So the odds may be against newcomers, but there are opportunities there. I am living proof of that.