File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Forgive me for writing here.Probably remember me. :)
Soon it will be 3 years as my daughter in Canada. and did not leave at all. Status -"in process" from August 2019 .
Application for renewal of Prcard from August 2019.(The 720 day rule was violated) The application has been forwarded to the local office.
In September, the daughter can already apply for Citizenship. -and the application for renewal of the Prcard has not yet been considered.
In my opinion, this is simply ABSURD!

The daughter wants to visit us and return to Canada for the start of the school year. She is a teacher.
Her application contains
1.letter of support from the school.
2..letter of support from a Member of Parliament..

3. Response to MP from IRCC ( in February)
Background of Inquiry:
• Applicant is a PR holder and is currently teaching at ..........
• Has applied for a renewal of her PR Card, and has been waiting for 2.5 years for response.
Resolution of Inquiry:
• Application has been received as is being processed in Vancouver.
• Officer is currently reviewing last submissions made by the applicant on February 24th, 2022.
• No further updates at this time, applicant can continue to operate as a PR holder within Canada until new decision is made.

Question.
What are the chances that my daughter will be able to get PRTD without any problems with these documents.??
Let me remind you that it will soon be 3 years since she did not leave Canada at all.
Of course, there is all other evidence of permanent residence (car.. work contract for the next year.. payments and insurance.. bank account and so on...
I don't think it's possible for anyone here to give you the chances.

How short was she on the 2 year residency requirement? Just a bit or a lot?

You could try to go the mandamus route with a lawyer's help if you want to try to force a decision.

Good luck.

Aleks30

Star Member
Oct 1, 2021
I don't think it's possible for anyone here to give you the chances.

How short was she on the 2 year residency requirement? Just a bit or a lot?

You could try to go the mandamus route with a lawyer's help if you want to try to force a decision.

Good luck.
A lot. And what does it matter?
In September, she will apply for Citizenship.
Today, she is a permanent resident of Canada (as stated in the IRCC response).
Lawyer? Why? Just throw away money?
She is a permanent resident in all public services. And this is a fact.

I consulted with lawyers who simply do not take money.
The answer was - we can't blame IRCC for ANYTHING, because the time of consideration is not regulated. So what can a lawyer do? Get the same answer as MP?

Aleks30

Star Member
Oct 1, 2021
The job of a lawyer is to make some kind of request, or to defend or challenge some kind of decision.
There is no solution. So why do I need a lawyer?
The lawyers told me - in this situation, NOBODY can force IRCC to do something.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
A lot. And what does it matter?
In September, she will apply for Citizenship.
Today, she is a permanent resident of Canada (as stated in the IRCC response).
Lawyer? Why? Just throw away money?
She is a permanent resident in all public services. And this is a fact.

I consulted with lawyers who simply do not take money.
The answer was - we can't blame IRCC for ANYTHING, because the time of consideration is not regulated. So what can a lawyer do? Get the same answer as MP?
The lawyer can do much more than the MP. The MP cannot legally force a decision. A lawyer can. A lawyer is able to file something called a "writ of mandamus" which basically forces IRCC to make a decision on a long oustanding case. This is your best bet if you want to force IRCC into a decision on the PR card application.

Anyway, just trying to help. You are free to ignore my comments. Note that IRCC won't process the citizenship application until there is a decision in the PR card application.

Akash20071986

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Dear All,

At last, after expiry of 3 years and 2 months, I have received a letter from IRCC asking me to come for an interview and card pick-up at its Etobicoke Office on August 3, 2022.

However, I am out of the country and just a day before receipt of this letter, I have applied for the PRTD. Given the extremely short time, I am not sure whether I will get the PRTD to be able to travel for the scheduled interview. If not possible, I have asked them to reschedule in such a way to be in tandem with the receipt of PRTD. I have informed this development and attached all necessary dcouments to IRCC throuhg webform as well as to the visa processing office at Abu Dhabi at the United Arab Emirates.

Would appreciate views on the following:

1. Will Abu Dhabi Center process my PRTD on a priority basis, due to the scheduled interview ?
2. Failing whihc, will IRCC give me another date ?
3. What sort of ques will be posed at the interview at Etobicoke Office ?
4. What challenges may I face ?

Would be very thankful for quick detailed response.
Thanks and regards,
Chellamani
Hope you are on track getting your card on 3rd aug..

I am sinking in same boat as you..

Pls share how you managed to enter in to Canada?

Regards,
Akash

Akash20071986

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Dear All,

At last, after expiry of 3 years and 2 months, I have received a letter from IRCC asking me to come for an interview and card pick-up at its Etobicoke Office on August 3, 2022.

However, I am out of the country and just a day before receipt of this letter, I have applied for the PRTD. Given the extremely short time, I am not sure whether I will get the PRTD to be able to travel for the scheduled interview. If not possible, I have asked them to reschedule in such a way to be in tandem with the receipt of PRTD. I have informed this development and attached all necessary dcouments to IRCC throuhg webform as well as to the visa processing office at Abu Dhabi at the United Arab Emirates.

1. Will Abu Dhabi Center process my PRTD on a priority basis, due to the scheduled interview ?

Thanks and regards,
Chellamani
Bro pls update??

Akash20071986

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Dear All,

Thanks and regards,
Chellamani
Any update bro?

chella99

Star Member
Mar 22, 2007
Dear All,

However, I am out of the country and just a day before receipt of this letter, I have applied for the PRTD. Given the extremely short time, I am not sure whether I will get the PRTD to be able to travel for the scheduled interview. If not possible, I have asked them to reschedule in such a way to be in tandem with the receipt of PRTD. I have informed this development and attached all necessary documents to IRCC through webform as well as to the visa processing office at Abu Dhabi at the United Arab Emirates.

Thanks and regards,
Chellamani
I really feel bad that none of the veteran learned members like Armoured, Scylla, Dpenabil have helped me with their valuable feedback.

Let me update:
I could not make it to the Aug 3 2022 meeting since I did not receive my PRTD. In fact, as I write now, even after a 2.5 month expiry, I have not recd my PRTD from Abu Dhabi. I also have not recd any response to my request thru email and webform to IRCC to reschedule my meeting, in tandem with the PRTD approval.

Can I have some valuable ideas please as to what shall I do now ??

Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I really feel bad that none of the veteran learned members like Armoured, Scylla, Dpenabil have helped me with their valuable feedback.

Let me update:
I could not make it to the Aug 3 2022 meeting since I did not receive my PRTD. In fact, as I write now, even after a 2.5 month expiry, I have not recd my PRTD from Abu Dhabi. I also have not recd any response to my request thru email and webform to IRCC to reschedule my meeting, in tandem with the PRTD approval.

Thanks.
I don't understand your comments about feeling bad. You've received lots of feedback from many people here. You seem to have unrealistic expectations about what you can expect from a free internet forum.

Your PR status is in jeopardy. Your situation is complex and you should be working with an immigration lawyer. None of us here are immigration lawyers.

The best course of action at this point is to hire an immigration lawyer. This recommendation was provided to you previously.

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016

Let me update:

Thanks.
You can’t be serious. This entire thread is filled with very detailed responses to your queries. Please note that the individuals that responded are volunteers who have taken their personal time to offer their opinion. Your case seems complex, to feel less “sad” I would recommend hiring an immigration lawyer that you can reasonably expect timely responses from.

Reactions: scylla

chella99

Star Member
Mar 22, 2007
Dear All,
A close friend of mine has got a letter in response to his application for PRTD. The response is a negative one denying the PRTD, due to non-fulfillment of residency obligation. The letter also referred to the provision for an appeal within 60 days of the date of the letter.

Since this a a complicated matter, can you suggest a lawyer who can assist with the appeal in Toronto ?

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear All,
A close friend of mine has got a letter in response to his application for PRTD. The response is a negative one denying the PRTD, due to non-fulfillment of residency obligation. The letter also referred to the provision for an appeal within 60 days of the date of the letter.

Since this a a complicated matter, can you suggest a lawyer who can assist with the appeal in Toronto ?

Thanks
How many days have they spent in Canada? In the past 5 years and in general? What was their reasons for not meeting their RO?