+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UNDUE DELAY IN IRCC RESPONSE FOR PR CARD RENEWAL

Aleks30

Star Member
Oct 1, 2021
And what steps can a person take to be heard?
Receive a letter of support from the Prime Minister of Canada?

Aleks30

Star Member
Oct 1, 2021
A response was received from the IRCC to a request from a Member of Parliament.
""YES. We confirm that the documents were transferred to the local office 2.5 years ago.
We have no more new information for you."
They just spat in the face.

jakklondon

Oct 17, 2021
You better be sure your daughter is entitled to benefit she seeks. I know some bureaucrats are total jerks, but not all are. And sometimes, if they are insisting on refusing to process the application, it is a sign that there are some legal issues with her file or eligibility to receive the benefit sought.
Again, I already mentioned Writ of Mandamus in my earlier post, it is the only way to really force the bureaucracy to discharge the duty owed (letter to MP won't do that), but anyone resorting to WOM should be absolutely sure of themselves and know with absolute certainty that there is no reason for them to be denied the benefit they seek. Otherwise, the only thing Writ will accomplish is a denial (it is also a discharge of duty).

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
A response was received from the IRCC to a request from a Member of Parliament.
""YES. We confirm that the documents were transferred to the local office 2.5 years ago.
We have no more new information for you."
They just spat in the face.
I've noted before: if this was first inquiry to an MP, you have to go back after some period of time and ask again. Be persistent - squeaky wheel and all that.

The reality is that your daughter has only been back in compliance with the RO for a few months, and Vancouver office backlogged.

Did you consult a lawyer?

Anywya I have other suggestion in your origional thread.

Aleks30

Star Member
Oct 1, 2021
You must understand that I do everything from another country. My daughter lives alone. She is a very shy child. She does not want to go anywhere.
The MP was very surprised by such an impudent answer from IRCC.
2.5 years without any new information - and IRCC are so calmly reporting about it.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
You must understand that I do everything from another country. My daughter lives alone. She is a very shy child. She does not want to go anywhere.
The MP was very surprised by such an impudent answer from IRCC.
2.5 years without any new information - and IRCC are so calmly reporting about it.
Ah, I misunderstood your point, I thought you were angry at the MP office's response.

If MP was surprised, that's good, they may assist you in pushing harder with next request.

chella99

Star Member
Mar 22, 2007
Dear all,

The details of my case are well elaborated earlier in this thread.

On my latest call with IRCC, it informed me that it has decided to change the status of my case from 'Pickup' to 'Delivery to my address'. Of course this is oral and there is no update on my online status. But the call attendant did not give any indicative timeframe and with enormous new covid cases in Toronto, I am once again not sure how much more time IRCC may take.

My ques:

1. Do you think IRCC will act fairly early, considering that my case is pending from May 1, 2019 ?
2. Can I take the oral statement of the decision to change to delivery instead of pickup as the real decision (authentic) and wait for the same ?

I would be thankful for valuable feedback.

Chellamani

chella99

Star Member
Mar 22, 2007
Dear valued members,
I refer to my last post and would be thankful to hear from you.
Thanks.
Chellamani

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The details of my case are well elaborated earlier in this thread.
You still have not clarified whether you are actually in Canada or not.

On my latest call with IRCC, it informed me that it has decided to change the status of my case from 'Pickup' to 'Delivery to my address'. Of course this is oral and there is no update on my online status. But the call attendant did not give any indicative timeframe and with enormous new covid cases in Toronto, I am once again not sure how much more time IRCC may take.

My ques:

1. Do you think IRCC will act fairly early, considering that my case is pending from May 1, 2019 ?
2. Can I take the oral statement of the decision to change to delivery instead of pickup as the real decision (authentic) and wait for the same ?
Put simply: no-one here has any more information than you do. You effectively have the same options as before: wait; contact MP/order gcms notes; or hire a lawyer.

No reason to think that call centre is purposefully misleading you - but it's just oral and no way to traceback/check except for ... the options I put above.

Again: are you in Canada?

chella99

Star Member
Mar 22, 2007
You still have not clarified whether you are actually in Canada or not.

Put simply: no-one here has any more information than you do. You effectively have the same options as before: wait; contact MP/order gcms notes; or hire a lawyer.

No reason to think that call centre is purposefully misleading you - but it's just oral and no way to traceback/check except for ... the options I put above.

Again: are you in Canada?
No. I am outside Canada at present.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
No. I am outside Canada at present.
Apart from the option of arriving at US border and presenting there (and I'm presuming that is not an option for you for some reason), the options really are above. Wait, gcms notes, contact MP, hire a lawyer.

Oh - or simply apply for a PRTD which is really what you should have done oh those ages ago. (I presume you haven't because you believe it will be denied...)

No way to really know what's happening - not that I think the call centre was deceiving you, but it would be an odd decision in some respects.

I wouldn't blame you for just waiting. You posted late december, it's only been a few weeks. I wouldn't expect anything IRCC does to happen that quickly over holidays.

chella99

Star Member
Mar 22, 2007
Dear All,

There is a form IMM5475 that can be filled while the application is in process. The Form authorises the applicant to give the right to someone to the information that IRCC can share. My questions:

1. If I fill in that form and send thru webform authorising someone in Canada, can he/she call and get the necessary info from ICC?
2. Can he/she visit IRCC on my behalf?
3. Can he/she pick up the card from ICC on my behalf ?
4. If I fill in this Form, does it mean I lose my own right to call IRCC and get relevant info ?

I would be very thankful for the feedback of informed memebrs.

Chellamani

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Dear All,

There is a form IMM5475 that can be filled while the application is in process. The Form authorises the applicant to give the right to someone to the information that IRCC can share. My questions:

1. If I fill in that form and send thru webform authorising someone in Canada, can he/she call and get the necessary info from ICC?
2. Can he/she visit IRCC on my behalf?
3. Can he/she pick up the card from ICC on my behalf ?
4. If I fill in this Form, does it mean I lose my own right to call IRCC and get relevant info ?

I would be very thankful for the feedback of informed memebrs.

Chellamani
If you appoint a representative:
1) Yes.
2) Well, there are basically zero 'visits to IRCC' at present.
4) No, but you may not be able to access all online resources (for some - gcms - iRCC limits access to one person per file).

3) is a question mark - if the question is that IRCC has marked card for pickup at office, they seem to mean by the applicant (because effectively it is the means by which they check the applicant is in Canada) - so probably not.

This may be irrelevant though since there are very few (none as far as I'm aware) such 'pick-ups' actually scheduled during covid.

chella99

Star Member
Mar 22, 2007
Thanks a lot Armoured for the clear and prompt reply.

Just one point:
U have remarked that practically there are no pickups during covid. However, IRCC told me on my calls that my case is earmarked for a physical pickup at its Hamlton Office. If so, how does that jell with your valuable judgment that no pickups happen nowadays ? Is it possible that IRCC may change its decision and deliver the card to my specified address ?
Wold be thankful to hear from you..