AOR Received.
10/01
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Passed: 29/01/1987
Passport Req..
25/05/2017
I have written extended posts on when and how eligibility is met, I will not argue with you over here. You are free to go and read them or have your own opinion. Just you let you know, not all application go to LVO, and for those being processed in Canada, the LVO is CPC, Ottawa.
Also read the ministerial instructions issued so far with regard to EE.

If you have some insider info, that is a different case.
I do not see this as arguing but as passing/understanding the right information.

Exactly CPC is the local VO for those in Canada. When there is work overload applications can be re-distributed anywhere in the world.

"At the CIO an initial assessment of whether the application corresponds to the Ministerial Instructions is made. If the CIO refers the application to a visa office, the visa office is responsible for making a final determination of eligibility for processing."

The CIO will make an initial assessment to determine whether the application should be referred to a visa office for a final determination of eligibility for processing under one of the categories described in the Ministerial Instruction( this is the stage where R10, Medical and A11.2 checks are done. If police reports or education documents are missing, or CRs points gets recalculated and points fall below the crs score an applicant applied under the application gets cancelled by CIO)

Applications that correspond to the Ministerial Instructions is referred to a visa office(for a final determination of eligibility for processing), the CIO will record notes in CAIPS or GCMS, transfer the electronic file to the visa office and notify them by email. (This happens once an applicants pass the cio stage)

The visa officer will review the application and case analysis provided by the CIO and make the selection decision.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I do not see this as arguing but as passing/understanding the right information.

Exactly CPC is the local VO for those in Canada. When there is work overload applications can be re-distributed anywhere in the world.

"At the CIO an initial assessment of whether the application corresponds to the Ministerial Instructions is made. If the CIO refers the application to a visa office, the visa office is responsible for making a final determination of eligibility for processing."

The CIO will make an initial assessment to determine whether the application should be referred to a visa office for a final determination of eligibility for processing under one of the categories described in the Ministerial Instruction( this is the stage where R10, Medical and A11.2 checks are done. If police reports or education documents are missing, or CRs points gets recalculated and points fall below the crs score an applicant applied under the application gets cancelled by CIO)

Applications that correspond to the Ministerial Instructions is referred to a visa office(for a final determination of eligibility for processing), the CIO will record notes in CAIPS or GCMS, transfer the electronic file to the visa office and notify them by email. (This happens once an applicants pass the cio stage)

The visa officer will review the application and case analysis provided by the CIO and make the selection decision.

Well it seems the IRCC gave you their internal way of functioning, which hasn't been made public yet. However, if that is what you think, be happy with your opinion and analysis.

I wrote a post way back which is available here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/aor-april-2016-join-here.405705/page-25#post-5254511

It seems you are confused between Ministerial Instructions, IRPA and IRPA regulations, which are different things. I won't be responding to this anymore. All the best!

Gladossy

Nov 29, 2015
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
12**
App. Filed.......
10/01/2017
Doc's Request.
31 Jan - Schedule A
AOR Received.
10/01
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Passport Req..
25/05/2017
I have written extended posts on when and how eligibility is met, I will not argue with you over here. You are free to go and read them or have your own opinion. Just you let you know, not all application go to LVO, and for those being processed in Canada, the LVO is CPC, Ottawa.
Also read the ministerial instructions issued so far with regard to EE.

The case analyst only views application at face value since they are not aware of local laws or ways.

The only law for eligibility which is taken into consideration is the IRPA and the Regulations. As regards the assessment of work experience, and reviewing of the reference letters is done by the program analyst. Unless you have a weblink or have worked for IRCC, which says that LVO is conversant with the local laws and customs, which would be hilarious as all local visa offices are staffed by members of the Canada Foreign Affairs officers, and not immigration officials, which are two different agencies.

Foreign Affairs:http://www.international.gc.ca/international/index.aspx?lang=eng

Immigration Canada: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/

They work in sync with each other, but have entirely different roles.

If you have some insider info, that is a different case.
you clearly misinterpreted "local knowledge,ways, laws,"
Not in terms of meeting the ministerial instruction or immigration laws. But in terms of documentation submitted in support of applications. Local visa officers have local knowledge on how most local employers,organizations, etc operate. So they know what to expect from a particular region and also know the red lights to look out for.

Gladossy

Nov 29, 2015
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
12**
App. Filed.......
10/01/2017
Doc's Request.
31 Jan - Schedule A
AOR Received.
10/01
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Passport Req..
25/05/2017
Well it seems the IRCC gave you their internal way of functioning, which hasn't been made public yet. However, if that is what you think, be happy with your opinion and analysis.

I wrote a post way back which is available here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/aor-april-2016-join-here.405705/page-25#post-5254511

It seems you are confused between Ministerial Instructions, IRPA and IRPA regulations, which are different things. I won't be responding to this anymore. All the best!
I do not understand what you think I am confused about, but eligibility is also assessed according to the ministerial instructions set out for the day an applicant was invited to apply. In the case of EE it's the CRS score. Also under the Immigration and Refugee protection Regulations, paragraph 76(1) selection criteria.applicants also need to meet the security, criminality, medical requirements.

I am certainly not confused, but well researched!

All the best!

Last edited:

Sanchez88

May 3, 2017
I noticed "Settlement funds not met - CAD$12004 per bank statement vs. requirement CAD$12164. All else looks ok. Might be worth calling CIC to clarify.
I raised an updated bank statement meeting the almount of money required. Do you think they will consider that or just reject the application ?

narindersahib

Nov 21, 2016
you clearly misinterpreted "local knowledge,ways, laws,"
Not in terms of meeting the ministerial instruction or immigration laws. But in terms of documentation submitted in support of applications. Local visa officers have local knowledge on how most local employers,organizations, etc operate. So they know what to expect from a particular region and also know the red lights to look out for.
I hope below post would be helpful for this debate:-

1. FSWO applicant, eligibility is passed at CPCO by Visa officer. So not always at LVO. May be if verification req on some documents and some time for PPR, it can be transferred to LVO.
2. Yes, final review ( 11.2, R75,R76 and admissibility) is done by Visa officer, whether he reevaluate or just go thru analyst's recommendation is not known.
3. Ready to finalize is not only for those of who pay RPRF upfront.
4. Ranking :- Visa officer ( final decision) > Case analyst ( recommender and has authority to reject file > Agent R10 (Completeness check and PCC verification), Case supportive ( get file ready for review by initiating req in system) . This i have seen for FSWO, may be applicable to all streams.

BG status :- NN – 14march , IP2 30th march

Page 2:
ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs

Last Page: CPC Ottawa:
2017/03/28 Officer's review** GCMS/FOSS: no adverse information FAMILY COMPOSITION SINGLE No prior relationship
or dependents declared Identity established via provided documents. EXPERIENCE -Satisfied Employment
documents reviewed R75 (2) MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS- satisfied R76 (1) SELECTION CRITERIA- POINTSsatisfied
SETTLEMENT FUNDS-satisfied A11.2 & SELECTION PASSED ADMISSIBILITY:
Criminality: PA: All police certificates on application received: NRT Meds passed and valid RPRF Paid

2017/03/18: ANALYST RECOMMENDATION: Ml2 A11.2: Appears Met R75: FSW MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS -Appears Met
R76: SELECTION CRITERIA - FSW POINTS/Funds: Appears Met FSW points total: 73 Ready to Finalize RPRF:
Outstanding~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited:
Reactions: Fantastica

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
What is a good time to order gcms notes for fsw outland in order to monitor the application and prevent any possible rejection.ps:medicals not passed yet

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
What is a good time to order gcms notes for fsw outland in order to monitor the application and prevent any possible rejection.ps:medicals not passed yet
For most FSW outland applicants the R10 is done within a first mont after the AoR. If you read my post which deals with the processing

you will see that until R10 there is nothing much that you can do even if there is something missing, as its a strict test. I usually advise to order the first set of notes after 40-60 days from AoR. By this time the R10 is complete and so you know that the first stage is crossed. For some applicants the eligibility has also started. After this order GCMS notes at regular intervals to keep a tab on your application.

AmirHNK

Nov 6, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Passport Req..
16-05-2017
I hope below post would be helpful for this debate:-

1. FSWO applicant, eligibility is passed at CPCO by Visa officer. So not always at LVO. May be if verification req on some documents and some time for PPR, it can be transferred to LVO.
2. Yes, final review ( 11.2, R75,R76 and admissibility) is done by Visa officer, whether he reevaluate or just go thru analyst's recommendation is not known.
3. Ready to finalize is not only for those of who pay RPRF upfront.
4. Ranking :- Visa officer ( final decision) > Case analyst ( recommender and has authority to reject file > Agent R10 (Completeness check and PCC verification), Case supportive ( get file ready for review by initiating req in system) . This i have seen for FSWO, may be applicable to all streams.

BG status :- NN – 14march , IP2 30th march
Can you tell me if your Security status on GCMS notes follows your BG status? I am curious to know if your Security check was started when your BG IP2 happened.

mtc1992

Sep 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2017-01-31
AOR Received.
2017-01-31
Med's Done....
2017-02-25
Two pages of my GCMS notes are withheld due to "22(1) (b) of the privacy act" does anyone know what this means?

mtc1992

Sep 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2017-01-31
AOR Received.
2017-01-31
Med's Done....
2017-02-25
I have no criminal record in my home country or Canada. Is this a common thing?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

buonqua

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16,2016
AOR Received.
May 4, 2016
File Transfer...
May 12, 2016
Med's Done....
February 19,2016
did they change consent form for GCMS notes again on October 2016? I printed off a bunch of consent form from July 2016 which I've last used on March 2017 and received my GCMS notes.
I ran out of consent form and see the new consent form dated 10-2016 and does not require sponsor's signature like before 07-2016 consent form?

So is it principal applicant completes section A and sponsor completes Section C? And only principal applicant signs his/her signature. Just clarifying.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
For most FSW outland applicants the R10 is done within a first mont after the AoR. If you read my post which deals with the processing

you will see that until R10 there is nothing much that you can do even if there is something missing, as its a strict test. I usually advise to order the first set of notes after 40-60 days from AoR. By this time the R10 is complete and so you know that the first stage is crossed. For some applicants the eligibility has also started. After this order GCMS notes at regular intervals to keep a tab on your application.
Thanks a lot so at what stage should i expect the eligibilty test that checks my pcc,work experience and pof to be finished?also when you advice to order gcms on regular basis how often should i do that after the initial 40-60 days