Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
AmirHNK said:
@lazybone and other senior members:

In my GCMS notes, my Security has been "Not Started" since the beginning of the February.

ADMISSIBILITIES

SECURITY

SECURITY: 1
Created Date: 2017/02/XX
Created By: MMXXXXXX
Updated Date: 2017/02/XX
Updated By: MMXXXXX
UCI #: XXXX-XXXX
Family Name: XXXX
Given Name(s): YYYY
Type: Security
Validity Date:
Status Updated By: MMXXXX
Status Updated Date: 2017/02/XX
Assigned By: MMXXXX
Assigned To: RC-XXXX
Due Date: 2018/01/31
Activity #: X-N4XXXX

Also, the following are the last agents' notes in my GCMS:

NOTES: XX
Created By: DPXXXXXX
Updated By: DPXXXXX
Restricted: No
Label: EE Eligibility (notice this does not say "ELIGIBILITY")
Office: CPC-Ottawa
Text:
REVIEW TYPE: Case Analyst APPLICATION: EXXXXXXXX REGULATION: PNP: FSW, 2016-12-XX I have verified
this application under Section 11.2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and make the
following determination. RECOMMENDATION:***Appears to meet requirements*** Ready to Finalize
----------------------CIVIL STATUS: PA (XXX, YYY),
SINGLE INTEGRATED SEARCH (FOSS/GCMS): PA
(XXX, YYY) In Status- ZZZ Valid Until: 2017-XX-XX NO ADVERSE INFORMATION------WORK
EXPERIENCE(S): Qualifying Period: from XXXX to YYYY 1) Systems Analyst- (NOC2171) at XYZ Solutions . LOE Salary$:XX,000. Submitted
letter(s) of reference [ ] which is/are assessed as follows: EDOCS NUMBER(S): #XXXXXXXXX The duties
listed in the letter(s) of reference appear to be consistent with the actions in the lead statement under the NOC
code selected. The letter(s) of reference appear to be consistent with a substantial number of the main duties
under the NOC code selected. The letter(s) of reference appear to demonstrate that the PA met the minimum
requirements of 12 months of work experience. PA meets education requirements

NOTES: YY
Created By: KDXXXXX
Updated By: KDXXXXXXX
Restricted: No
Label: General
Office: CPC-Ottawa
Text: Rec'd Requested Documents

Based on the above information, can you please answer the following questions:

• Is my security ongoing or has in not been started yet? (in my EE profle, my BG is NA at the moment)
If your BG says not started, then your security has not begin. But there are applicants who have had BG in process, but not updated on their account. For other applicants BGC takes just a week to 10 days.

• Since my A11.2 was assessed as "Recommended Pass", does this mean another agent still needs to verify my Eligibility? If yes, will this happen after my Security changes to "Pass"?
If you see your note, it is an analyst note. This note will be reviewed by an agent, as you may see on your notes for the R10 and criminality. In most cases the Agent will go ahead and agree with the analyst's recommendation. Once the Agent recommends pass, it will be reflected on the first page of your GCMS.

• Are "EE ELIGIBILITY" and "ELIGIBILITY" the same? If not, what each one of the mean?
    EE Eligibility and Eligibility are not same. EE eligibility only refers to the Express Entry and not the PNP. You eligibility with regard to the PNP program will be when your nomination is verified by the province.

I ask this because they contain different information. Here is how "ELIGIBILITY" section looks like in my notes:

ELIGIBILITY
    ELIGIBILITY ASSESSMENT
    ELIGIBILITY ASSESSMENT: 0
    WORK EXPERIENCE
    WORK EXPERIENCE: 0
    WORK EXPERIENCE- LC
    WORK EXPERIENCE- LC: 0

• What does "Ready to Finalize" indicate?

This means that you application is approved and after the Agent finally reviews it, you will get the PPR.
[/list]

I appreciate your help! ;D

Reactions: Sanchez88

AmirHNK

Nov 6, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Passport Req..
16-05-2017
Thanks thejkhan and legalfalcon for your inputs. I hope the rest of my application process goes smoothly ;D

Interesting to know, about the Security being "Not Started", Eagle333 says the following in one of his posts:

Eagle333 said:
THIS THREAD IS BASED ON DIFFERENT GCMS RECOLLECTIONS, DIFFERENT APPLICANTIONS REPORTS AND CIC HANDOUTS.

Now let's talk a little bit more about SECURITY very briefly. When you see security status saying NOT STARTED what does it mean? I usually thought what other seniors used to say but I found it was wrong. Remember GCMS notes contain so many hidden voices and actions for these Immigration agents but we seem not to have ears and eyes to see the real thing in our GCMS notes. See below:
ADMISSIBILITIES

SECURITY There is nothing in the corner

SECURITY:1

Created Date: 2015/03/01
Created By: SADMIN
Update Date: 2015/03/01
Update By: SADMIN
UCI: 88885555
Family Name: Nelson
Given name: Cool River
Type: SECURITY
Status NOT STARTED means that security is underway and there is no sign of S.15(1) in the right hand corner
Status Updated By: SM60544
Status Updated Date: 2015/03/01
Due Date: 2016/03/23
Assigned To:
Assigned By: SADMIN
Activity #: 2-7754PL1

Also the new GCMS notes do not show security blank as it used to be in the past now what they do, please see below and check your notes.

ADMISSIBILITIES

SECURITY S.15(1) is right in the corner

SECURITY:1

UCI: 88885555
Family Name: Nelson
Given name: Cool River
Type: SECURITY

If you see this in your GCMS notes rest assured that your security is completely done and protected. Someone will ask me in the future that Eagle here is my timeline do you think that my security is done? If you have your GCMS notes I will just tell you to come back to this page.
My Security entry looks very similar to what he has in his comment and based on his assessment:
Status NOT STARTED means that security is underway and there is no sign of S.15(1) in the right hand corner
His assessment is different from yours. What do you think?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
AmirHNK said:
Thanks thejkhan and legalfalcon for your inputs. I hope the rest of my application process goes smoothly ;D

Interesting to know, about the Security being "Not Started", Eagle333 says the following in one of his posts:

My Security entry looks very similar to what he has in his comment and based on his assessment:
His assessment is different from yours. What do you think?
I disagree with the information quoted by you. This is because of the following:

NOT STARTED means that security is underway and there is no sign of S.15(1) in the right hand corner. The security is done by CSIS and IRCC. While the CSIS conducts BG checks from the database, and other treaties it has, IRCC also send out letters seeking information from foreign authorities. When both these processes are complete, that is when the security is entirely complete.

S15.(1) merely deals with non-disclosure of information on the notes, and is places by IRCC and not CSIS:

15 (1) The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any record requested under this Act that contains information the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the conduct of international affairs, the defence of Canada or any state allied or associated with Canada or the detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information

(a) relating to military tactics or strategy, or relating to military exercises or operations undertaken in preparation for hostilities or in connection with the detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities;

(b) relating to the quantity, characteristics, capabilities or deployment of weapons or other defence equipment or of anything being designed, developed, produced or considered for use as weapons or other defence equipment;

(c) relating to the characteristics, capabilities, performance, potential, deployment, functions or role of any defence establishment, of any military force, unit or personnel or of any organization or person responsible for the detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities;

(d) obtained or prepared for the purpose of intelligence relating to

(i) the defence of Canada or any state allied or associated with Canada, or

(ii) the detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities;

(e) obtained or prepared for the purpose of intelligence respecting foreign states, international organizations of states or citizens of foreign states used by the Government of Canada in the process of deliberation and consultation or in the conduct of international affairs;

(f) on methods of, and scientific or technical equipment for, collecting, assessing or handling information referred to in paragraph (d) or (e) or on sources of such information;

(g) on the positions adopted or to be adopted by the Government of Canada, governments of foreign states or international organizations of states for the purpose of present or future international negotiations;

(h) that constitutes diplomatic correspondence exchanged with foreign states or international organizations of states or official correspondence exchanged with Canadian diplomatic missions or consular posts abroad; or

(i) relating to the communications or cryptographic systems of Canada or foreign states used

(i) for the conduct of international affairs,

(ii) for the defence of Canada or any state allied or associated with Canada, or

(iii) in relation to the detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities.
s15(1) is only one of the many ways where disclosure is withheld. It could also be because of

s.16

16 (1) The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any record requested under this Act that contains

(a) information obtained or prepared by any government institution, or part of any government institution, that is an investigative body specified in the regulations in the course of lawful investigations pertaining to

(i) the detection, prevention or suppression of crime,

(ii) the enforcement of any law of Canada or a province, or

(iii) activities suspected of constituting threats to the security of Canada within the meaning of the Canadian Security Intelligence Service Act,

if the record came into existence less than twenty years prior to the request;

(b) information relating to investigative techniques or plans for specific lawful investigations;

(c) information the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the enforcement of any law of Canada or a province or the conduct of lawful investigations, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information

(i) relating to the existence or nature of a particular investigation,

(ii) that would reveal the identity of a confidential source of information, or

(iii) that was obtained or prepared in the course of an investigation; or

(d) information the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the security of penal institutions.
or s. 21 (usually for inland applicants)

21 (1) The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any record requested under this Act that contains

(a) advice or recommendations developed by or for a government institution or a minister of the Crown,

(b) an account of consultations or deliberations in which directors, officers or employees of a government institution, a minister of the Crown or the staff of a minister participate,

(c) positions or plans developed for the purpose of negotiations carried on or to be carried on by or on behalf of the Government of Canada and considerations relating thereto, or

(d) plans relating to the management of personnel or the administration of a government institution that have not yet been put into operation,

if the record came into existence less than twenty years prior to the request.
Apart from this there are numerous other reasons why your information is withheld. Now whether it is withheld because of CSIS or IRCC can be seen by 15 (IRCC) or 16 (CSIS), but for others, no one knows. Further, just because there is a note stating "SECURITY" could also mean that the information is sent to IRCC, RCMP, other international agency. It is all a speculation. Unless you see in progress or started expressly written, a note which says not started, means exactly that.

IRCC in its ministerial instructions http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/ does not publish how security is done. In my experience, what I have stated above is what I have seen. Other members are free to speculate and make their own judgment.

Siddiquis

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Hello,

Please see the below timeline;

EE Profile Created: 03 Feb 2016
Birthday:Aug 12 1986 (CRS decreased by 5 points the next day)
ITA: Dec 22
EAPR/AOR Jan 25

My GCMS notes say "AGE Applicant's age reviewed and has change from ITA to e-APR"

My question is "Why?"

narindersahib

Nov 21, 2016
Hi Guys,

Could you help me to understand, who triggers the RPRF req ? is it Agent or VO. i got rprf letter with standard format: profile has been found eligible. Does that mean eligibility is passed. It also mentioned that Security is still ongoing. IMO it's only matter of Security result now. Post that VO will make decision and trigger PPR email. My file is currently in CPCO. BG status is NA (followed by NS).

Based on your experience on GCMS notes, pl comment. Have you seen cases where file got rejected post RPRF.
I may get my GCMS notes in week of 15th May.

TIA
;D

deepgill

Feb 24, 2012
legalfalcon said:
I disagree with the information quoted by you. This is because of the following:

NOT STARTED means that security is underway and there is no sign of S.15(1) in the right hand corner. The security is done by CSIS and IRCC. While the CSIS conducts BG checks from the database, and other treaties it has, IRCC also send out letters seeking information from foreign authorities. When both these processes are complete, that is when the security is entirely complete.

S15.(1) merely deals with non-disclosure of information on the notes, and is places by IRCC and not CSIS:

s15(1) is only one of the many ways where disclosure is withheld. It could also be because of

s.16

or s. 21 (usually for inland applicants)

Apart from this there are numerous other reasons why your information is withheld. Now whether it is withheld because of CSIS or IRCC can be seen by 15 (IRCC) or 16 (CSIS), but for others, no one knows. Further, just because there is a note stating "SECURITY" could also mean that the information is sent to IRCC, RCMP, other international agency. It is all a speculation. Unless you see in progress or started expressly written, a note which says not started, means exactly that.

IRCC in its ministerial instructions http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/ does not publish how security is done. In my experience, what I have stated above is what I have seen. Other members are free to speculate and make their own judgment.
Hi legalfalcon,
Hope you are doing well.

What agencies CIC use for security and criminality checks?
I am from India and lived in UK for couple of years. I think CIC will contact Indian intelligence and UK agency. Also, CSIS will do name based checks in their database and will use iinterpol and US intelligence agency for bame based checks. Am I right?

For criminality, they will look for PCC and RCMP checks. I am asking these questions to gain clarity about the process. Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
deepgill said:
Hi legalfalcon,
Hope you are doing well.

What agencies CIC use for security and criminality checks?
I am from India and lived in UK for couple of years. I think CIC will contact Indian intelligence and UK agency. Also, CSIS will do name based checks in their database and will use iinterpol and US intelligence agency for bame based checks. Am I right?

For criminality, they will look for PCC and RCMP checks. I am asking these questions to gain clarity about the process. Thanks
What procedures IRCC or CSIS adopts are not made public. But Canada has access to criminal database of other countries with which it regularly transacts, like US, UK, most European countries. With other countries Canada exchanges information on regular basis. For immigration, securities agencies of other countries are rarely contacted, it is the databases. Only in cases where there i significant risk or concerns will CSIS contact other countries through their external affairs ministry and seek more information.

PonJoub

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-12-2016
Med's Done....
12-12-2016
Passport Req..
22-05-2017
Hi members,

quick question pls. can I order as many GCMS notes I want ? will it bother & irritate CIC (or whoever working on the PR application process) if I order too many GCMS notes and will I get some consequences on my application because of that?

actually the purpose of my questions is mainly because I would like to know if I can order GCMS note every 15 days without irritating CIC and thus having some negative consequences on my PR application (i.e. delay, further checks etc ...)

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
PonJoub said:
Hi members,

quick question pls. can I order as many GCMS notes I want ? will it bother & irritate CIC (or whoever working on the PR application process) if I order too many GCMS notes and will I get some consequences on my application because of that?

actually the purpose of my questions is mainly because I would like to know if I can order GCMS note every 15 days without irritating CIC and thus having some negative consequences on my PR application (i.e. delay, further checks etc ...)

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Does ordering GCMS slow the processing of the file or affect adversely?

The answer is NO. Ordering GCMS is your right and its does not affect your file or your case at all. On the contrary, in some cases since the officer working on your file has to review your file before it is sent out, does update documents received from other agencies and helps your file move forward.

Read more about GCMS here - http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/all-about-gcms-how-to-order-read-general-questions-answered-t482200.0.html

cencentaotao

Star Member
Mar 18, 2016
Visa Office......
Hongkong vo
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
10/Feb/2017
AOR Received.
28/2/2017
Med's Request
10/Feb/2017
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
12/9/2017
PNP-outland, e-AOR on 28 Feb, 2017, haven't got any change since then. Today I got my first GCMS notes (updated date 2017/03/27).

In the assessments section, like this
Eligibility: passed - candidate
Secutiry and medical are all blank.

My question is, what is "passed - candidate" mean? Is this simply means my Eligibility has been passed?

PonJoub

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-12-2016
Med's Done....
12-12-2016
Passport Req..
22-05-2017
legalfalcon said:
Does ordering GCMS slow the processing of the file or affect adversely?

The answer is NO. Ordering GCMS is your right and its does not affect your file or your case at all. On the contrary, in some cases since the officer working on your file has to review your file before it is sent out, does update documents received from other agencies and helps your file move forward.

Read more about GCMS here - http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/all-about-gcms-how-to-order-read-general-questions-answered-t482200.0.html
Thanks a lot legalfalcon :)

Teebanks

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/12/2014
File Transfer...
03/03/2015
Med's Request
26/01/2017
Med's Done....
03/02/2017
Interview........
14/12/2016
Passport Req..
16/05/2017
VISA ISSUED...
30/05/2017
LANDED..........
22/06/2017
Hi

Can anyone help with this please. I ordered GCMS notes and received on 9th March 2017 and 3rd May 2017 (the notes received on the 9th of March were generated on the 21st of February while the one received on the 3rd of May were generated on the 4th of April). Both notes show eligibility and medicals as passed but criminal and security show as 'not started'. In the notes, I noticed information has been shared with the US and status shows as 'NRT'. I have sent emails to the visa office processing my application and got replies on the 24th of March 2017 and 2nd of May 2017 that my file is with an officer for review. I would like to know if:

1) Security and criminal checks could have been started or completed without them being updated on the GCMS notes

2) Can the review in the reply I received from the visa office be the final review before PPR?

3) In the notes, due date under application assignment is 30th March 2017. Do you have any idea what this means?

Regards

Sanchez88

May 3, 2017
Hello ! Could you guys please throw some light on my GCMS notes ; i am confused regarding the decision and risks of rejection
I don't know why i can't upload images or links ?