+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Under age Visit Visa application

Manny1989

Dec 19, 2022
Hello Everyone, I am applying visit visa for my 11years old neice to visit me and celebrate her birthday with me in August. I have every documents needed and more than enough proof of funds.
My question is, in the invitation letter do I have to write how she is going to be traveling to Canada since she is under age? My actual plan is to hand her over to the airlaine when the time comes to travel.

Is there any consent form I need her parents to fill out so I add to the application or its not needed till she is traveling.

Can anyone share idea if they have done something like this before.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Everyone, I am applying visit visa for my 11years old neice to visit me and celebrate her birthday with me in August. I have every documents needed and more than enough proof of funds.
My question is, in the invitation letter do I have to write how she is going to be traveling to Canada since she is under age? My actual plan is to hand her over to the airlaine when the time comes to travel.

Is there any consent form I need her parents to fill out so I add to the application or its not needed till she is traveling.

Can anyone share idea if they have done something like this before.
You are applying on her behalf. Her parents need to approve her travel when applying so letter of authorization. Parents give authorization as they will be the ones putting her on a flight.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5256-applying-visitor-visa-temporary-resident-visa.html#

Is the flight direct? Need to consult airlines as different airlines will have different policies. Where does she live? Her parents show proof of funds, not you. You asked the question a few months ago and were given advice then. Is this your niece or cousin’s daughter.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/visitors-visa-for-my-niece.784598/

Last edited:

Manny1989

Dec 19, 2022
You are applying on her behalf. Her parents need to approve her travel when applying so letter of authorization. Parents give authorization as they will be the ones putting her on a flight.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5256-applying-visitor-visa-temporary-resident-visa.html#

Is the flight direct? Need to consult airlines as different airlines will have different policies. Where does she live? Her parents show proof of funds, not you. You asked the question a few months ago and were given advice then. Is this your niece or cousin’s daughter.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/visitors-visa-for-my-niece.784598/
I can get her parents to write an authorization letter no problem. You mentioned her parents are to show funds, my wife and I are funding her trip and we are putting $8000 cad towards the trip out of our savings of $65,000 cad. Her parents are both working but income is not enough to fund her trip. She is my older sister's daughter.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I can get her parents to write an authorization letter no problem. You mentioned her parents are to show funds, my wife and I are funding her trip and we are putting $8000 cad towards the trip out of our savings of $65,000 cad. Her parents are both working but income is not enough to fund her trip. She is my older sister's daughter.
That will likely be an issue. Her parents are the ones who are required to provide funds. If the parents don’t have their own savings there are often concerns that children of less well off family members will try to remain in Canada. You can certainly try but the parents are the ones that have to provide the primary savings information. You can provide additional financial information about your financial situation but it is not as important. All you can do is try. I would not tell your niece about potential travel to Canada until you know she has a TRV. Travels should be during school break and if part of North America getting approval or refusal before September may not be possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
That will be a red flag as parents must show funds. Your funds may or may not be considered. Where does she live?