+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors Visa for my Niece

Manny1989

Dec 19, 2022
Hi, I am planning to apply for visitors visa for my niece who is 11years old and lives with her mum and dad and two other siblings in Ghana.
I have a strong bond with her and I would love for her to spend time with me summer next year. I am a PR and my wife is a citizen, we live with my mother inlaw and we have no kids.

1. When applying, should I make the application like I am applying on behalf of my niece since she is under age or make the application like she is applying herself.
2. I am sponsoring her entire trip and I have enough savings and enough documents to prove I can support her trip, does her dad/parents have to prove any bank statements?
3. What are her chances of getting the visa since she is under age?
4. I have lots of pictures with her from when she was a baby till I left Ghana, since she is my cousin's daughter are the pictures enough to prove my relationship with her?
4. Is there anything I should be aware of before I start the application?

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Hi, I am planning to apply for visitors visa for my niece who is 11years old and lives with her mum and dad and two other siblings in Ghana.
I have a strong bond with her and I would love for her to spend time with me summer next year. I am a PR and my wife is a citizen, we live with my mother inlaw and we have no kids.

1. When applying, should I make the application like I am applying on behalf of my niece since she is under age or make the application like she is applying herself.
2. I am sponsoring her entire trip and I have enough savings and enough documents to prove I can support her trip, does her dad/parents have to prove any bank statements?
4. I have lots of pictures with her from when she was a baby till I left Ghana, since she is my cousin's daughter are the pictures enough to prove my relationship with her?
answered here --->
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/visitors-visa-for-under-age-niece.784599/post-10304645

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

She is not actually your niece if she is your cousin’s daughter. Her parents need to show their own savings and assets and should show that they can support her visit even if you will pay for it. How did you and your spouse obtain status in Canada? If either of you applied for asylum that will have a significant impact on her application. Has your “neice” travelled to other international locations? Ever flown alone? This is a very long distance for an unaccompanied minor and it would be fairly unusual for a minor to travel so far on their own especially if they are not an experienced flyer. Given the instsbility in Ghana and available opportunities in Ghana versus Canada there will be concerns that she will not leave Canada and the chances of approval are relatively low for many reasons.