+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Undeclared dependant

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We all know that is not going to happen, it's just hypothetically speaking. I don't know if you know but this was part of his plan if he's elected, he will probably come last.
Would anticipate that things like PGP or refugee intake could be reduced based on previous conservative programs. Yes Bernier is more radical than less family reunification. Bernier winning an election is not even something you consider hypothetically. It’s just not going to happen.

amaries

Jul 29, 2019
Hello and thank you in advance for the feedback. i just found out about this 2 year pilot program for the undeclared immediate family to sponsors. I came to Canada (1987) as a sponsored dependent of my father. i was a young mother of two. Family members did helped me filled out the sponsorship forms. I clearly remember that my boys at that time had taken 2 passport photos to add into my application. It has been decided then that i will finish my study and get a job before I bring them here. Fast forward and 2004 as a lot has happened then. My son decided to come and live with me. I have processed the documentation requested. Letter came in the mail said it has been denied because he was never included in my application. I asked my father and he said we had mailed out forms directly to immigration Canada so he would not be able to remember what was in the application forms. Family members recalled that my two kids were included in my application. We were all shocked because we all know that my two sons were included. My kids now are in their 30s. Am I eligible for to apply for the pilot program? Anna

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello and thank you in advance for the feedback. i just found out about this 2 year pilot program for the undeclared immediate family to sponsors. I came to Canada (1987) as a sponsored dependent of my father. i was a young mother of two. Family members did helped me filled out the sponsorship forms. I clearly remember that my boys at that time had taken 2 passport photos to add into my application. It has been decided then that i will finish my study and get a job before I bring them here. Fast forward and 2004 as a lot has happened then. My son decided to come and live with me. I have processed the documentation requested. Letter came in the mail said it has been denied because he was never included in my application. I asked my father and he said we had mailed out forms directly to immigration Canada so he would not be able to remember what was in the application forms. Family members recalled that my two kids were included in my application. We were all shocked because we all know that my two sons were included. My kids now are in their 30s. Am I eligible for to apply for the pilot program? Anna
No, they are too old. Must be under 22.

optimaxx

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
NOC Code......
Hi, i need help in my case, i became residence from the Express Entry but till now i have problem because I wasn’t able to declare my youngest child because his dad is different from my first four kids, it is so complicated and risky during my application, i have to choose between, including her and pursuing the application for me and my first children because its time consuming and I’m under the 4 years commutative law on the time of my application, I'm really hoping someone would be able to help, i really miss my daughter and wanted to bring her here, I’m afraid it will affect my status right now
The Canadian Government has just declared that they started the pilot for sponsorship of undeclared family members. You can apply now i think

Sep 9, 2019
Hello, this is my first time on this Forum, I am not sure if I should start a new thread, my apologies in advance. I have a question in regards to the 2 years pilot program. I was sponsored to come to Canada back in 2007. I have a daughter which I declared in all my documents and whose personal information is still on IRCC records. The reason I could not bring her with me was because her mother refused letting my daughter to immigrate, not allowing me to have her passing the compulsory medical exam either. That was the reason why I have not been able to sponsor her during all these years. Now she is 18 and she wants to come with me to Canada. Will the 2 years pilot program help me sponsor her to come to Canada? I really appreciate all you help. Thanks a lot forum members.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, this is my first time on this Forum, I am not sure if I should start a new thread, my apologies in advance. I have a question in regards to the 2 years pilot program. I was sponsored to come to Canada back in 2007. I have a daughter which I declared in all my documents and whose personal information is still on IRCC records. The reason I could not bring her with me was because her mother refused letting my daughter to immigrate, not allowing me to have her passing the compulsory medical exam either. That was the reason why I have not been able to sponsor her during all these years. Now she is 18 and she wants to come with me to Canada. Will the 2 years pilot program help me sponsor her to come to Canada? I really appreciate all you help. Thanks a lot forum members.
If she was declared in your application and completed the medical, etc. - then you don't need the pilot program. You can simply sponsor her as a dependent through the normal process.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
If she was declared in your application and completed the medical, etc. - then you don't need the pilot program. You can simply sponsor her as a dependent through the normal process.
I think juancarlos.1975 said the dependent did not complete the medical.

So I am guessing during the process, you signed or declared that you will give up sponsoring your dependent for his own application to proceed....

In that case, it's more complicated. And I doubt that is included in the pilot program.

Sep 9, 2019
Thank you for your answer forum members. YVR123 you are right in your guess. At the time when my visa was about to be issued I had to sign a document where I was giving up sponsorship of my dependant child for my own application to proceed. That was solely because she was not examined by a physician and the reason why she was not, was because her mother did not allow that to happen. After years passed, she regretted that obstruction, we came into better terms as divorced parents and finally we agreed that the child would have a better future in Canada. However, it was too late, not having her examined seemed to have jeopardized my daughter's chance. I have been reading a lot since this new pilot program was announced and unless I am getting something wrong / lost in translation, I have the impression that there is a chance for my child, I mean, my daughter is healthy, has no criminal record, she is well educated, I don't see any aspects that would conflict with the Eligibility Requirements from the new Pilot Program. One of the requirements states that ''the foreign national if declared and examined at the time their sponsor (me) immigrated to Canada, would not have made their sponsor ineligible in the class that the sponsor applied for''. I will attach the link that shows the Pilot's summary, written by Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/excluded.html

It is a short document, if any of you could have a look at it, please, any deeper insights on the matter would be greatly appreciated since it might surely help others in my situation.

Kind Regards,

Juan

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you for your answer forum members. YVR123 you are right in your guess. At the time when my visa was about to be issued I had to sign a document where I was giving up sponsorship of my dependant child for my own application to proceed. That was solely because she was not examined by a physician and the reason why she was not, was because her mother did not allow that to happen. After years passed, she regretted that obstruction, we came into better terms as divorced parents and finally we agreed that the child would have a better future in Canada. However, it was too late, not having her examined seemed to have jeopardized my daughter's chance. I have been reading a lot since this new pilot program was announced and unless I am getting something wrong / lost in translation, I have the impression that there is a chance for my child, I mean, my daughter is healthy, has no criminal record, she is well educated, I don't see any aspects that would conflict with the Eligibility Requirements from the new Pilot Program. One of the requirements states that ''the foreign national if declared and examined at the time their sponsor (me) immigrated to Canada, would not have made their sponsor ineligible in the class that the sponsor applied for''. I will attach the link that shows the Pilot's summary, written by Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/excluded.html

It is a short document, if any of you could have a look at it, please, any deeper insights on the matter would be greatly appreciated since it might surely help others in my situation.

Kind Regards,

Juan
Your situation looks like it qualifies.

Reactions: YVR123

alexian14

Sep 19, 2018
hi i just want to ask
my husband was landed in canada october 2015
2016 he come home to us and we get married.
november 2017 he applied for family sponsorship and being refused because it stated that my husband is ineligible to sponsor us because we are not declared and we are common law partner before he landed. because we are so sure that we are declared but when he sees his application his mother erased and did not include our name on his application.

now we want to try the pilot project is my husband eligible to sponsor us this time.

thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hi i just want to ask
my husband was landed in canada october 2015
2016 he come home to us and we get married.
november 2017 he applied for family sponsorship and being refused because it stated that my husband is ineligible to sponsor us because we are not declared and we are common law partner before he landed. because we are so sure that we are declared but when he sees his application his mother erased and did not include our name on his application.

now we want to try the pilot project is my husband eligible to sponsor us this time.

thank you
It's not clear from the information you have provided if you would qualify. Through what program did your husband immigrate as his mother's dependent? How did she qualify for PR?

Nala06

Sep 17, 2019
Hi everyone,

I have a question and I am really needing some answers. If you are already a canadian citizen and you have undeclared child when you come here as a permanent resident through economic stream, and that person tries to sponsor the child, will he/she lose her/his citizenship?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have a question and I am really needing some answers. If you are already a canadian citizen and you have undeclared child when you come here as a permanent resident through economic stream, and that person tries to sponsor the child, will he/she lose her/his citizenship?
Technically it is misrepresentation but no you shouldn’t lose your citizenship. You likely can’t sponsor your child though.